PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:13:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  paysites get desparate
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: paysites get desparate  (Read 37444 times)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #60 on: 2007 May 07, 02:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I don't have any rocks..  How about being pelted with hamster food for a while?   :lol:

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #61 on: 2007 May 07, 03:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
volunteer

Wtf are you talking about?  Stop using big words!  You aren't speshel!

Sigh.  This thread is far too hard for my wee mind.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #62 on: 2007 May 07, 03:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A classic case of Thom-ass laughing all the way to the bank (and yes that's really him!)

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #63 on: 2007 May 07, 03:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
It would have looked a little more genuine if they didn't just copy and paste the same "friendly" message verbatim on both TSR and Retail Sim.

And apparently at the other sites as well since both Besen's Sims2 and Exnem's Sims have the same generic message plastered there.

sherrie_sim- now that is an amusing picture.

Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #64 on: 2007 May 07, 03:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get the friendship thing. Since when has the Sims community been friendly, exactly? We're always hovering a drama-level between "impotent whining" and "CAPS LOCK OF RAGE."
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #65 on: 2007 May 07, 04:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
I know it's not all Americans but unfortunately it doesn't need all of them. One look at the present incumbent is enough to prove that. Once critical mass is reached those that know better will be forced to submit so they can be understood. Once that happens the rest of the world will be forced to follow.

Yes, because Bush clearly represents enough of us that the English language will be forever tainted. Especially since it hasn't undergone any changes prior to now, right? Let us all bask in the superior intellect exuding from your post.

My point was that it doesn't take even a simple majority to screw things up for everyone else.
Sorry for being brief and as a result unclear in my meaning. America is not the only source of changing the English language, but I think it has the largest effect.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #66 on: 2007 May 07, 07:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the Sims community is like that because we spend so much time immersed in a world where people whine every time someone goes to the toilet and only have to step over a baby's feeding bottle in order to launch into a full scale fit of arm-waving stomping fury.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #67 on: 2007 May 07, 07:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
I make up words all the time.  I see nothing wrong with it Smiley  My husband once decided to make up a word for "walking around with only socks on"  = edschnobeldegoop.  Mine are more simple, like woggly,  "something that has been hit by a hand and is unsteadily rocking back and forth" etc.

The beauty about vocabulary is that there is always room for more, because a word would not exist if there wasn't a slight difference between it and it's synonyms. Smiley

It's one thing that academics have bloody competitions over.  Rather than use a series of complicated words, they invent a new one.  I was at a conference, and an academic was talking about how he invented the word "defluxion" (to mean that criminological ideas trickle down from attitudes of government through to the people) and then compared it with another invented word by another academic.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #68 on: 2007 May 07, 11:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this "community" project shows exactly how much of a psychological along with financial impact the pirates are having on paysites.  This would never have been done if PMBD did not exist and if this site hasn't gotten more and more well known around the community. It is a direct response to you and your efforts.  I never even knew half the stuff that I know now until I read the "Why do people hate paysites" thread on S2C.  That for me, was when piracy on the sea of paysites went from one small boat to a fleet.  No matter how many threads are deleted, people are banned or moderators try to ignore you, the fact remains that this place is having an effect.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #69 on: 2007 May 07, 11:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I think the owners of TSR must be a bit out of touch if they think announcing that LyricLee had a major role in the project was going to put a positive spin on it.  They would have done better to use Windkeeper's name as the figurehead, or someone like that.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
LDE
Landlubber

disillusioned miscreant

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #70 on: 2007 May 07, 13:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it seems they are confusing the word 'community' with the word 'clique'
everytime i see something like this nonesense i hear a faint buzzing noise in my head. i probably should get that checked out

-----------------------------
and in response to the whole language thing i give you an acctual conversation i had with my next-door neighbor,tim

me: so the house across the sstreet sold then?
tim: yeah, nice couple but they are russian and don't speak American very well
me:.....you mean English
tim:*puzzled look* nope
 Shocked
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #71 on: 2007 May 07, 13:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Thomas gets his info about the sims community through Atwa and I think Atwa and Lyric were destined for each other, so it is self-evident that either of them would be the figurehead of this project

Since Lyric is marginally more talented than Atwa, she's the one who was chosen. (Well, at least her recolours do not look like they were made out of cheese.)

And Windkeeper has gone AWOL, so...

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #72 on: 2007 May 07, 13:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone posted the blog from the community project minisite yet?..

We bring this set to you today, not just as a pack of custom content but as much more.
This community started back in the sims 1 days. With people coming together, learning together and then
spreading their wings into their own endeavors but still keeping the close friendships they forged.
Lately there has been alot of drama, theft and hatred circulating in this community with others trying to deem certain creators as better than others or trying to control what individual creators do with their own time and effort and art work. This is not how this community was meant to be. We all have the same goal- to create beautiful things, learn new things, and share with people who enjoy the same game we all do. It's time that we realized that it doesn't matter how web sites are run, or what people chose to do with their own content. This community should always be about friendship.

Each of us run our own sites or participate in web sites, all of which have different policies and rules and ways of operating. However underneath all of that we are FRIENDS. And that above all is what truly matters. We do not concern ourselves with judging eachother, only enjoying eachother as unique people, with a common interest.
We bring you this set to show you that out of the dark times, beautiful things can happen when we drop our own opinions, and let go of the drama and control, and truly appreciate eachother as individual creators who enjoy making content for the community. We hope that this will allow some people to really come back to the main goal of the community and back to making new friends, treasuring old and enjoying what the community has to offer instead of hurting people over opinions.
Please enjoy this set we have made for you, as friends.

Credits: Exnem Sims, TSR, StudioB43, Sims Connection, Reflexsims,Beosboxboy, Retail Sims, Komosims, Besens
Sims, Murano Mobilia, Sims2 Workshop, Nengi65

After reading that there is only one thought in my head: why not be free then?  :roll:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

ghengisjohn
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #73 on: 2007 May 07, 13:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Each of us run our own sites or participate in web sites, all of which have different policies and rules and ways of operating. However underneath all of that we are FRIENDS. And that above all is what truly matters. We do not concern ourselves with judging eachother, only enjoying eachother as unique people, with a common interest.
We bring you this set to show you that out of the dark times, beautiful things can happen when we drop our own opinions, and let go of the drama and control, and truly appreciate eachother as individual creators who enjoy making content for the community. We hope that this will allow some people to really come back to the main goal of the community and back to making new friends, treasuring old and enjoying what the community has to offer instead of hurting people over opinions.
Please enjoy this set we have made for you, as friends.

Wow, that was an overly long way to go 'bitch! Gimme my money!'

hen I thought, who gives a damn if all the jobs are gone
I'm gonna be a pirate on the river Saskatchewan!
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #74 on: 2007 May 07, 13:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just re-read that text, and it seems so...forced. As though they have to say, several times and in several ways, 'we're friends' so that they can convince themselves as much as they want to convince us.

Pathetic.

If I did a project like that, I'd say "look, we made these cool things. We're all bastards and axe murderers, but we have fun creating stuff for TS2, so have at it."

My dad always said 'honesty is the best policy'.......

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: