PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 01:28:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  paysites get desparate
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: paysites get desparate  (Read 37453 times)
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« on: 2007 May 06, 15:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims Community ProjectMay 6, 2007 By Thomas|TSR
 We are proud to have participated in this collaboration between several well known websites. We hope this will inspire others to make friends and work together in this community and stop working against eachother. Please see this minisite for the full project description and to access all free downloads we've put together. We from TSR would like to thank all participating artists for their tremendous work and efforts, and especially LyricLee for thinking this up and administrate the creation process.

Since when have greedy paysites who create (or steal) solely to make money been reguarded as part of the community? a community is a group of people who help each other, not a group of business who con pocket money out of children for stolen property.  it's now evident that paysites are feeling  alienated from the real community so have decided to make a 'community' of their own.  This can only mean one thing, business is bad! (laughs hysterically)

They think if they can fling a few free gifts out in the name of advertising people will fling back money in return. Deparate measures for worried paysites me thinks.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simscom/blog/

Their listed desparate paysites are:

Exnem Sims, TSR, StudioB43, Sims Connection, Reflexsims,Beosboxboy, Retail Sims, Komosims, Besens Sims, Murano Mobilia, Sims2 Workshop, Nengi65

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 06, 15:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love their little introduction that basically said, "The sims community is supposed to about fluff, bunnies, and love!  It is those damn pirates that have ruined everything!  Ignore us ripping you off and be our FRIENDS.  Please, be our friends."

It's desperate btw. Smiley

Oh, and, what the fuck is up with these bad recolors including in their offerings?  Is this supposed to be a joke?

ETA:  Well, I looked through it all and it's all the same quality as the picture above.  I have to say, if this is their peace offering to the community, it's pretty damn bad and shouldn't be accepted.  They need to be sent to the corner and think about what they did.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 06, 16:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are proud to have participated in this collaboration between several well known websites. We hope this will inspire others to make friends and work together in this community and stop working against eachother. Please see this minisite for the full project description and to access all free downloads we've put together. We from TSR would like to thank all participating artists for their tremendous work and efforts, and especially LyricLee for thinking this up and administrate the creation process.

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 06, 16:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well....some people will be quite satisfied by it. Meanwhile, we'll continue to share their pay items.

I wonder if any of the sites have done an analysis of how much money they've supposedly lost since we opened our doors....

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
.darkshines
paysites get desparate
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 06, 16:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh myyy ...
.... yeah i've already seen this. question is, why did besens sims participate in this alliance of desperate paysites? they aren't a paysite at all, or did i miss somthing....!?  :?
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 06, 16:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, Missangelica - most of the stuff is crap.  I did like some of the paintings and some of the rugs, but when you try to download the items indivudually, you don't know which one you'd get because they just show the picture of the whole set instead of one picture for each rug or painting.  :roll:

I'm not buying into this whole community thing for a few reasons:

1.  How many creators were actually asked to participate?  The only people I see as participants belong to the same clique.  Therefore, the whole community isn't represented.

2.  As mentioned by Missangelica, most of the items are crap.  If they really want to make concessions to the community, why not put out better stuff.  Or even better, why won't the paysites make everything free for one day if they truly want to show community spirit?   :lol:

3.  Paysites had started the whole "us-them" thing in TS1.  There were divisions even back then because of them (I'll be more than happy to hunt down the old threads on TSR to prove this point Tongue  ).

4.  Maybe it's just me, but something seems to be really phony about all of this.  It's just a feeling I get.

I agree with Sherrie that subscriptions are probably way down, and sites like this one and SFV have made a huge negative impact on paysites.  Now, they're just trying to get what reputation they can get back.  Notice how most of the creators have caused a lot of drama and other B.S. over the last few months?  The only one out of that group that is decent is Besen - at least that's what I heard, anyway.

And again, they're doing the whole "us-them" thing again, except this time  it seems like they're trying to make this site and us pirates look petty, mean and bad.  They probably know we're going to say something, and they can point to their friends and say "See!  We tried to work as a community but those meanies are still making fun of us!  WAAAH! :cry: "
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 06, 16:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not this site which causes a divide in the community - it is you, darling Thomas.

We are proud to have participated in this collaboration between several well known websites. We hope this will inspire others to make friends and work together in this community and stop working against each other.

You ban members on your site purely because you suspect that they are sharing files. You work against people, and cause conflict with people.

Please see this minisite for the full project description and to access all free downloads we've put together.

Why not make all of your downloads free? That way everyone can have access to them and enjoy them

We from TSR would like to thank all participating artists for their tremendous work and efforts, and especially LyricLee for thinking this up and administrate the creation process.

Right motive behind the idea LyricLee, but TSR would never make it good. They just use ideas/creators/downloads for their own greedy means   :roll:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 06, 16:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By banning their members they lose paying customers. The more people they ban, the less money they get. Plus, by banning them because of filesharing, they make filesharing poular to those, that did not fileshare before and were banned for nothing.
So people banned think: How do I get my stuff from TSR now? And then they remember TSR mentioned filesharing in the banning email. These people go and google and Peng - They are here or at SFV  Cheesy
And then they think. Hey, why donate to Birgit or Peggy. PMBD is much cheaper. And then, they donate for no site.

And the end of the story?

The more they ban, the more member we are here!  :lol:
And then they have to throw out ugly creations to the people cause the loss of paying customers make them desperate.  Cool

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 06, 17:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, they pretty much dig their own grave  :roll:

Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 06, 17:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"
It is not this site which causes a divide in the community - it is you, darling Thomas.

You ban members on your site purely because you suspect that they are sharing files. You work against people, and cause conflict with people.

That's true.  It wasn't MATY, PMBD, or SFV who shared personal Paypal information about others.  LyricLee (who's part of this project) set the forum up and Thomas and other paysite parasites did all the sharing.  I wonder how many non-filesharers had their personal information shared and how many were banned just for being suspected by Thomas and others.

Right motive behind the idea LyricLee, but TSR would never make it good. They just use ideas/creators/downloads for their own greedy means   :roll:

I question LyricLee's motives too.  First she was an admin on the biggest free site in the community and then she went over to a paysite after her firing, and she's such a staunch defender of paysites.  I heard she was backstabber.  I don't know how true that is, but if it is true then maybe she's trying to cozy up to Thomas in the hopes that someday he'll make her an FA.

Look out, Atwa!  Somebody else may be competing for "Little Tom's" attentions.  :lol:

Edited because of miswording something
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 06, 17:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really have nothing to say, I just wanted my name in this thread.

*****MizzKitty has been here*****

(Of course I agree, but everything has already been said)

I still gotta work on getting banned on a paysite...

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 06, 17:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR will never be part of the 'community' while they charge the real community for files stolen from the community and from maxis/EA. in the same way any other common thief would not be reguarded as a community hero for reselling his stolen loot.

Paysite's cannot justify how PMBD and SFV are causing a divade in the community, when they are simply making files belonging to the comunity available for free.

How can TSR be against our LEGAL file sharing when I was sent a download link for an ILLEGAL copy of PSP9 from their own staff (artist manager atwa) the link was sent over their own PM system at TSR. it seems that illegal file sharing is ok with them as long as it helps bring in more creations they can charge for. TSR can never, ever, accuse anyone of file sharing when they do it themselves. you also have to ask yourselves where TSR staff member Atwa gets her donation peggy hair from when she is not a donator to peggy?

This latest desparate measure is not in anyway designed for 'community spirit' its an advertising stunt, nothing more, nothing less. its like any other other business or store that offer free gifts to prospective customers to entise them, the only difference is most other business's that do this, are actually selling legal products.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 06, 17:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Granuaile"

I question LyricLee's motives too.  First she was an admin on the biggest free site in the community and then she went over to a paysite after her firing and is such a staunch defender of paysites.  I heard she was backstabber.  I don't know how true that is, but if it is true then maybe she's trying to cozy up to Thomas in the hopes that he'll someday make her an FA.

Hmm yeah you can look at it from 2 ways:

Firstly, Lyric is just trying to promote paysites and make them look all good and merry. Which will cause a bigger divide within the simming communities as some sheep will go that way and decide that us are just trying to break apart the community, causes fights, etc.

However, if this was on a free site it would be great - as it would bring together the community. But as we all know TSR aint free and wont ever be

To be honest although it is being used to promote paysites and paying for donations, Lyric's motive behind it (bringing the community together) is good....  I know she's been a real bitch in the past, but I wish she hadn't gone down the paysite route...

Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 06, 17:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was just something EXACTLY like this at Twisted Sims (just ended).  Except it was a real community thing... you know.. where anyone was invited, and they actually asked sites to participate... and no one had to join anything to download...

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 06, 17:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well sorry, but the likes of TSR, Exnem sims, and all those others are not about sharing, they are about selling. They where created with money in mind. True sharing is from anyone who makes and gives out quality stuff for free, and not just  sells it. Then it's a product or a service. So all of this is bull.

Inactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: