PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:14:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  You know the funny thing...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You know the funny thing...  (Read 54092 times)
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
You know the funny thing...
« Reply #195 on: 2006 November 14, 03:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh ok well it's hard to keep track with the record number of posting and my slow typing...

Quote from: "Avic"

I suppose the only thing a creator could do if they felt strongly enough would be to do what the girl from retailsims.com did and pull all of her stuff. Which I hated to see that happen, but that's her decision and I can't argue with it.

I am not EA but I think your response right here, actually has alot to do with this question

Quote from: "avic"

The whole thing almost makes me wish EA would take a stance, but I really do understand why they can't/won't.

Sims in many ways is built upon custom content and I think EA knows that, and it makes it an easier choice to not take a stance either way on what is happening.  I personally know a ton of people who would never have even bought pets, except that it saves them the extreme aggrevation of having to worry about future custom content not working properly in their game.

I think they are afraid of making a  stance that is going to cause many a "Retail Sims" reaction as it could potientially hurt them.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2006 November 14, 03:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Your Mother Has Scurvy"
Aww, I missed all the fun debating. :'[

Oh well. I can never get my thoughts out properly in a debate situation anyway.

But avic, you seem like a good person. A welcomed change from the likes of Vulzard.

Thanks :-)  I've seen Vulzard (vulture and buzzard?) mentioned a couple of times.  I get the feeling if I want drama I should take a gander at their posts :lol:
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2006 November 14, 03:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"

Sims in many ways is built upon custom content and I think EA knows that, and it makes it an easier choice to not take a stance either way on what is happening.  I personally know a ton of people who would never have even bought pets, except that it saves them the extreme aggrevation of having to worry about future custom content not working properly in their game.

I think they are afraid of making a  stance that is going to cause many a "Retail Sims" reaction as it could potientially hurt them.

5 Stars.  Seriously, the Sims franchise gets a LOT of extra mileage from custom content creators and I'm sure they've gotten sales from people who wouldn't play if they couldn't download content.  Conversely, they're kind of in a rock and a hard place if they take a hardline stance either way.  If they side with the creators, they'll piss off a lot of non-creators.  If, on the other hand, they side with sites like PMBD then they're liable to spark a creator strike.  Certainly a huge fallout.   Not an enviable position for them.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2006 November 14, 03:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's Vulture and Lizard.  Good guess though.

Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2006 November 14, 03:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Your Mother Has Scurvy"
Aww, I missed all the fun debating. :'[

Oh well. I can never get my thoughts out properly in a debate situation anyway.

But avic, you seem like a good person. A welcomed change from the likes of Vulzard.

Thanks :-)  I've seen Vulzard (vulture and buzzard?) mentioned a couple of times.  I get the feeling if I want drama I should take a gander at their posts :lol:

Close: Vulture and Lizard. Apparently the same angry person under two different names.
And yes, gander away.  Shocked

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Lackey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 2006 November 14, 03:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a gamer, and a paying customer. This is strictly pay sites I am talking about.

I expect the content I buy to look the exact same in my game as it does on the site I bought from.

I expect that when I pay a site for the 3rd time that they will make an attempt at giving me a decent update or two for my 3rd sub.

I expect that if I have a problem with something and email them, I will receive a reply without the attitude and one that is properly directed to a paying customer.

I expect that my personal information remain between me and the seller and not distrubited to any joe blow they feel like giving to.

I expect that if their site has a zillions viruses that will force me to reformat and reinstall windows they will notify me by email of the problem.

I expect that if their site goes down for a week that my sub be credited appropiately for the time lost.

I expect that the files that are emailed to me actually be working files and not corrupted rar's.

Everyone of these of these things I put here because of personal situations concerning a paysite. And each one of these puts into question the very ethics that they keep screaming we should have but apparently feel no need to have themselves.
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2006 November 14, 03:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:  I saw some of Lizard's posts.  I couldn't make myself read many of them.  Somehow I think self-flagellation would be more pleasant than trying to get through his (her?) butchering of the language.  :shiver:
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2006 November 14, 03:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lackey"
As a gamer, and a paying customer. This is strictly pay sites I am talking about.

I expect the content I buy to look the exact same in my game as it does on the site I bought from.

I expect that when I pay a site for the 3rd time that they will make an attempt at giving me a decent update or two for my 3rd sub.

I expect that if I have a problem with something and email them, I will receive a reply without the attitude and one that is properly directed to a paying customer.

I expect that my personal information remain between me and the seller and not distrubited to any joe blow they feel like giving to.

I expect that if their site has a zillions viruses that will force me to reformat and reinstall windows they will notify me by email of the problem.

I expect that if their site goes down for a week that my sub be credited appropiately for the time lost.

I expect that the files that are emailed to me actually be working files and corrupted rar's.

Everyone of these of these things I put here because of personal situations concerning a paysite. And each one of these puts into question the very ethics that they keep screaming we should have but apparently feel no to have themselves.

I'll agree with you 100% on each and every point.  I suppose I've been lucky in that I've never really encountered any of the above issues, but that's not to say that I don't believe you.  I just think I've been lucky.  Speaking of the whole information being given out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry - does anyone have a list of who all's info was posted?  I saw Rose's little "If you weren't doing blah, blah, blah, you have nothing to worry about", but I'm sure y'all all understand why that statement doesn't make me feel any more comfortable.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2006 November 14, 04:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw Rose's little "If you weren't doing blah, blah, blah, you have nothing to worry about", but I'm sure y'all all understand why that statement doesn't make me feel any more comfortable.

OT again, Rose's stance of 'If you're not a filesharer, you have nothing to worry about' counts for nothing, she redistributed personal details of people who she SUSPECTED, without any real proof, of filesharing...

Okay. I'll stop with the OT. I'll really, really try to. >.>

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: 2006 November 14, 04:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also her "I hope that only a thief is interested in protecting a thief" comment in her guestbook.  Or however she said it in her admittedly adorable broken English.

coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2006 November 14, 04:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad you cannot get refunds for pay items, right?
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2006 November 14, 04:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
 I saw Rose's little "If you weren't doing blah, blah, blah, you have nothing to worry about", but I'm sure y'all all understand why that statement doesn't make me feel any more comfortable.

OT again, Rose's stance of 'If you're not a filesharer, you have nothing to worry about' counts for nothing, she redistributed personal details of people who she SUSPECTED, without any real proof, of filesharing...

Okay. I'll stop with the OT. I'll really, really try to. >.>

:lol: This poor thread has been off topic, on topic more times than I can keep up with, so no worries :-)

But yeah - that was EXACTLY my point.  I think my sarcasm just didn't make it across, ya know?  But yes, I'd feel much more comforted if someone knew who'd been named.  As it happens, I donated to her less than a couple of weeks ago at the recommendation of a friend, so yeah - I'm a smidge irked right now (and that's understatement ;-) )
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2006 November 14, 05:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Plum"
Also her "I hope that only a thief is interested in protecting a thief" comment in her guestbook.  Or however she said it in her admittedly adorable broken English.

God forbid that a non-thief should worry about their personal info being shared.  And on that note, let's wash one hand with what the other's getting.  IF one says that it's not right to be file-sharing (note that I said if ;-) since we've been around that particular block a time or three tonight ;-) ) that still doesn't make it right for her to be disseminating private, sensitive information to god knows who.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2006 November 14, 05:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, okay...*goofy grin* So tired. Going to bed now. Glad to make your acquaintance though, Avic, nice to find someone open-minded out there. Smiley

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2006 November 14, 05:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"

I'm surprised that the word 'McCarthyism' hasn't been used yet. Because that is exactly what that type of attitude is (minus the whole 'loss of job and ruined their life' deal).

Before any of you young'uns ask: McCarthyism (read the second paragraph and replace 'communist' with 'file-sharer').
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: