PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:51:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I have a treasure
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have a treasure  (Read 58303 times)
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #180 on: 2007 April 25, 06:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the parts of the message, such as:

"dude, whatever"

and

"Creating...is, like, way hard"

and

"takes YEARS to finish just one outfit and one hair"

was obviously not tongue-in-cheek enough for that person to grasp that it was intended to be droll humor.

:wink:
Scratch
Landlubber

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #181 on: 2007 April 25, 06:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Dude, whatever.  Creating textures for clothes and hair is, like, way hard and takes YEARS to finish just one outfit and one hair.

I've read this over and over and don't see the slightest bit of humour in it.... droll or otherwise... :?
maybe our efforts here would be more successful if we didn't drive away the people that are helping us fight the good fight.... :?:

I don't think I should have to point out when I'm being sarcastic, do I?

maybe You should
Pucci
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #182 on: 2007 April 25, 06:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Scratch"
Dude, whatever.  Creating textures for clothes and hair is, like, way hard and takes YEARS to finish just one outfit and one hair.

I've read this over and over and don't see the slightest bit of humour in it.... droll or otherwise... :?
maybe our efforts here would be more successful if we didn't drive away the people that are helping us fight the good fight.... :?:

Well, I thought it was funny.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #183 on: 2007 April 25, 08:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Scratch"

I actually think that her post is dripping off with sarcasm. LULZ. Like...way hard...takes years...
That's EXACTLY what those stupid paysite owner say all the time to have an excuse for bein a paysite.  :roll:

You seem to be a very sad person, scratch.  :lol:

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #184 on: 2007 April 25, 08:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I did understand the sarcasm.

But I don't thin TheGainerPirate meant just making meshes and textures to already existing game mechanics. I think he meant thinking up those mechanics from scratch and then making everything fit... And that is a wee bit different, no?

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #185 on: 2007 April 25, 08:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
I think he meant thinking up those mechanics from scratch and then making everything fit... And that is a wee bit different, no?

Who actually does that? As far as I know, for the skin, everyone takes the Maxis original skin and works on it...at least, that's what I do.  :lol:

And it certainly doesn't take YEARS. :wink:

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #186 on: 2007 April 25, 08:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... The Maxoids had to do that...?  :lol:

At least that's how I read it, that it was people actually involved in making stuff work from scratch in the beginning.

Could be I am wr--- uh... arrgh, pass the rum.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #187 on: 2007 April 25, 08:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Passes the rum*

Here's something that I found interesting.  It's news to me but probably not to a lot of people:

Awhile back, I was reading the old news about how HChangeri was going to put her stuff on TurboSquid.  Being the curious person that I am, I went over there to see what this site was about.

I swear, I looked like this when I saw the 3D models for the tables and chairs (and couches, etc...).  :shock:  The reason for that is the 3D models looked exactly like some of the stuff that some creators make, both pay and free.  I sat there and wondered how many people payed for these models, tweaked them so that they worked in the game and uploaded them on their sim sites.

What was kind of amusing, in a sneering sort of way, was that paysites actually charge for this stuff.  Sure the creators may have bought it, but it's not like they actually made the meshes themselves.

Edited:  Reworded a couple of things
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #188 on: 2007 April 25, 09:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's friggin' expensive!  :shock:

Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #189 on: 2007 April 25, 09:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree wholeheartedly.  Talk about an expensive hobby!  :shock:

The thing is, maybe some of these creators think the money they paid is a small price for the fame they would get with their "OMG!  Uberawesome mesh!"  If the mesh is good enough or unique enough, it could make them very popular with jaded downloaders (by jaded, I mean those who have seen so many uploads over the years that they're bored when they see something else that's similar or of low-quality).  

Also, if they're a paysite or if they put the meshes in a donation package, then they'll just simply make the money (they had spent for the mesh) back and then some.

Maybe that's why they don't like Pescado too much anymore, because the booty threatens all of that.  :lol:
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
I have a treasure
« Reply #190 on: 2007 April 25, 09:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What she said was slathered in sarcasm.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #191 on: 2007 April 25, 14:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been letting my brain have a hammer at this Rat bastard that we find in our midst and have been doing some speculating on how he was raised, which could be why he is such a scum dripping asshole...

Rats eat anything. So, his mom must have brought home plenty of arsenic for the kiddies to eat, which in turn killed off many more brain cells (which he didn't have many to begin with) than it nourished. Hence, the stupidity.

Rat parents never stay together. Daddy rats screw Mommy rats and get the hell out. They don't do a damn thing to help raise the family and with the size of a rat litter, well none of the baby rats get the time or attention that each one needs. Also, it would be up to Daddy Rat to help teach values and morals to Baby Rat, but as already noted, DR wasn't around.

Rat males tend to find out very early on what that dangling thing between their legs is for. It's not for use as a bookmark, dumbfuck! (He learned that one day when he tried to do that and slammed the book shut on it. With luck, that will take care of him ever becomming a Daddy Rat. Hey! Hope is good...) Anyway! Boy Rats tend to start playing with said nature toy and begin to think with it. They don't think this is wrong.

Boy Rat becomes a Teen Rat and then really finds that he enjoys his toy, so much so that he wants a female rat to play with it. He finds one and then she turns out to be a thief rat who tries to make money selling a product she has no right to make a profit from. So, to keep on getting female rat's tail, he watches the movie Hackers and learns a few things.

Now, Mr. Rat is feeling like he is big bad bold shit. (He does't realize that is the odor coming off of his body from refusing the bathing ritual so many undertake in order not to offend noses. Hygiene is unknown to him.) He goes to the site that has made his pissy bitch ratty girl upset and he begins to post threats that he will hack the site.

He has become, (duhn duhn duhn!) Hacker Rat! Oh my fucking God, let us run in fear from the fearsome and awesomely scary Hacker Rat! Oh, wait, got a hair ball stuck, just gimme a second to hack it up... *hork, throws results at HR* Ya know what, Winky Wanker? I'm not impressed by you. I've seen worse in the five and dime and those were the guys yanking it by the condom display. Look at the rules and regs put out by EA, figure out that they say that they can't make a profit. It's one thing to donate to cover bandwidth, but another to put something else and say, "you can't have it if you don't swipe a credit card through my ass crack."

Talk to a lawyer before getting your nuts tied in knots over something you don't even understand. I did. And from what he says, Pescado is right. He and others paid for the files that are offered. Those now belong to him. He can share if he so sees fit, cause by the simple act of giving money for possession of them gives him ownership. Don't like it? Tough shit. Bend over and suck your own balls cause Dude, I was talking to the squirrel hookers and they said that not even a rat whore would want anything to do with your skanky ass. Crawl into your hole and pull the toy nature gave you some more, we're tired of you...

*disclaimer: you can insult my mother all you want, she's dead and gone more than 30 years. Pick on me all you want, I know who I am, you don't. And if you aren't careful, all your playing with yourself is going to drain out what little brains you have. If it hasn't already.... Have a nice day. Prick....

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #192 on: 2007 April 25, 14:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:

Oh, Paden, you're killing me.

This is like the best story ever!  :lol:

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
I have a treasure
« Reply #193 on: 2007 April 25, 14:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was priceless Paden! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
ScreamMyName
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #194 on: 2007 April 25, 18:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

u effin crack me up Tongue  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: