PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 14:14:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  This is not a thread for Borked Files....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This is not a thread for Borked Files....  (Read 3527 times)
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
This is not a thread for Borked Files....
« on: 2007 March 22, 23:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a thread around here for borked and otherwise bad files, but I can't find it...so.....

I DLed cyclonesue's rustic modular stair set--only the text files needed to make them work aren't there.

I could 'rebuild' them if I knew how. Anyone have the text files or know how to rebuild them or know where I can learn how to?
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 22, 23:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sick puppy there is to be no thread for this. Pescado has some new something or other thing that fixes all broken files or whatever. Go to the treasure chest and read the last few post of "Feed the booty" thread.

Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 22, 23:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installation instructions are on TSR itself. They're free.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 23, 00:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The text file is not installation instructions. These are modular stairs--they need a special text file that comes with the object file and is placed in the basic game directory.....
DarkTears
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 23, 16:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In booty/savagesims/Aquariums and Fish/ the file savagesims-aquarium-kelpbass.zip is corrupt.

Thank you.
tlaloc
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 23, 16:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As was already mentioned, if you read the installation instructions on the objects themselves and follow them, you'll have everything you need.  The original text file is a part of the game itself, and you just have to add the small blurb of text provided in the instructions.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 23, 18:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, tlaloc.

I've been looking at other modular stairs and their text files, trying to figure out how to 'fake' it. Smiley The ones I've found over on MTS2 have a separate text file from the instructions text file, with lising of object data GUIDs and then one other number I can't decipher.

I'll go hunt up the instruction files over at TSR and see if the needed numbers are in there. I wouldn't have thought that they might be there because of how MTS2 has theirs set up, or at least those I've looked at. So thank you for your input!
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 23, 19:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installation Instructions: If you go to the original TSR post for the stairs and click on Installation instructions, the txt file will pop up with the needed information.

Since those files aren't included in the download files we get from TSR (and we get too much from them to edit each individually), we hope you can make the extra few clicks it takes to find the item and open the instructions. (Fortunately, I think the links to instructions are in a...er...subtle (?) shade of red, so you can't miss them!

Regarding other borked files: If a RAR or ZIp is corrupt, a regularly run routine on the booty will find them. Please don't report. HOWEVER: if there is something missing (like the package file), do let us know in the Treasure Chest....hopefully we can figure out what's happening.

Thanks, all!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: