PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:33:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A find! another paysite
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A find! another paysite  (Read 8110 times)
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
A find! another paysite
« on: 2007 March 11, 20:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok this has got to be one of the most "interesting" paysite schemes

http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=7348

Ooo ad free AND an avi without having to spam!!!!!

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
A find! another paysite
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 11, 20:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They won't even let us look at the content until AFTER we fucking pay. What an atrocity.

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
A find! another paysite
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 11, 20:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok if I paid them I would be paying them to see "hidden" discussion forums and "track" my Pms. Why would you need to track them. God these paysites get weirder and stupider every day.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
A find! another paysite
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 11, 21:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's even more hilarious is that the link that lists the pricing scheme is off limits unless you register - could they put you off any more?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
A find! another paysite
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 11, 22:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel a bit of nostalgia as I gaze at this monstrosity. It is, indeed, the first sims 2 site I ever visited.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
A find! another paysite
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 12, 00:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well isnt that nice, charging you for things you get for free on every other sims forum lol
I like the fact that on the homepage they make it sound like donation is voluntary and will get you nothing. Then you look for downloads and all you can find is downloads news which leads you to the forums
Then when you get to the forums, there are no free downloads. They have the "special donation den" visible to guests but you cant download any of it obviously, so when he says they have 525 downloads available he means 525 donation items?
WTF. That doesnt give anybody the opportunity to try before they buy.

I also like the fact that they have end-user license agreement before you download; since they are violating EA's, I guess that means they're giving us the OK to violate theirs. It also says they give you no warranty or refunds so if you pay and the downloads are utter shit, oh well thats your fault for being a dumbass and giving them money in the first place.

This guy is unbelievable:
So where do we stand with the budget some of you maybe asking? Well, the good news is we're paying off the remainder of what we owe. The bad news...we didn't make the goal of paying it off by end of year.
Luckily with kind donations from people, and some small surplus ad revenue, we brought the outstanding balance down from $2800.00USD to 865.44 as of today.
By my estimates, ad revenue will decrease somewhat this year and I'm doing my best to compensate for that. However I do not want to depend on ad-revenue to sustain this site.
If you can find it in your heart to order a SimsPass Membership, we'd be eternally greatful if you could. All money goes towards paying off the WorldSims budget .
We appreciate everyone support WorldSims this year and we look forward to a solid 2007 year

If you read further into the announcements area you'll see he's claiming they have 3 servers to pay for plus he's paying for ads plus paid for vb blah blah blah...

Why would they need 3 servers if they barely have any downloads (which are all restricted to donators) and all the rest is chitchat? I have more downloads on my site and probably more visitors but I won't need a server anytime soon. I can't believe people are buying into his bullshit.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
A find! another paysite
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 12, 11:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ManagerJosh actually showed up at FFFSS (back when I bothered to read it) and offered free hosting to anyone and everyone at a site with a different name, http://www.simgames.net/
I wonder if these are all the downloads he offers his members.
I did a brief scan and I don't think he mentioned worldsims at the federation. Hardly a surprise as Inge would have jumped up and down on him if he did.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
A find! another paysite
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 12, 13:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
ManagerJosh actually showed up at FFFSS (back when I bothered to read it) and offered free hosting to anyone and everyone at a site with a different name, http://www.simgames.net/
I wonder if these are all the downloads he offers his members.
I did a brief scan and I don't think he mentioned worldsims at the federation. Hardly a surprise as Inge would have jumped up and down on him if he did.

I knew I read about him somewhere.  Thanks Captain.  

I wonder if I get myself into debt, whether I can convince people to pay it off for me - I will give you shiny things?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
A find! another paysite
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 13, 22:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worldsims is classified as a paysite in the federation database, so it is not listed by us, but we don't stand in the way of genuinely free hosting if that is what is being offered.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
A find! another paysite
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 15, 16:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ManagerJosh is obviously delusional. :roll:
freeisright
Landlubber

View Profile
A find! another paysite
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 19, 22:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote:  No banner ads (apart from the mainsite where ads will remain since it's the primary income source)

If thats the primary income source how come you charge so much?
Do the membership benefits include ass kissing cuz at that price I would hope so.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
A find! another paysite
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 19, 23:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See...if the site showed its booty, we'd know whether to go after it. But damn...what's the point? Don't expect this one to appear in the booty folders anytime soon (unless someone is dying of curiosity, buys a sub, and shows us the stuff is good).

I do VAGUELY remember the name from way back when...weren't they pretty competent TS1 modders?

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
A find! another paysite
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 20, 01:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
I do VAGUELY remember the name from way back when...weren't they pretty competent TS1 modders?

No   :x

ManagerJosh has been a jack-off since S1 days; he had items on his site taken from other creators and passed them off as his own sites creations....on a number of occasions!  He even then tried to claim the legitimate creators stole from him!!!

ManagerJosh is a greedy pimple, plain & simple.

(and that even rhymes too   :lol:   )

examples of the slimy ManagerJosh in action....

the fun begins:
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=126342

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=128144

but wait, there's more slimy goodness:

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=198280

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=123012

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=164031
Super_Pirate_Dude
ARR!

View Profile
A find! another paysite
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 20, 02:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's next?

You get a special box filled with a mystery prize! Only 10 dollars!

BUY NOW!
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
A find! another paysite
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 20, 10:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Super_Pirate_Dude"
What's next?

You get a special box filled with a mystery prize! Only 10 dollars!

BUY NOW!

Well, anything's possible. Peggy's already done it.  :shock:  :lol:

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: