PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 06:13:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  ok i'm confused
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ok i'm confused  (Read 28879 times)
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #30 on: 2006 November 09, 16:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I myself have donated to many many sites and so have some of the other people who upload here, but without SFV a lot of the smaller sites listed wouldn't be here.  Sherry, the other mods, and all of the people who had been there before me were all so helpful, and I love that forum.  When I left MATY to get a Pescado-break, I went to SFV.  

Vive la SFV. Cheesy

Lots of the stuff that is not yet on PMBD is because no one has put it up yet, not because they don't have it. Tongue  I had about 15 sites left before I stopped uploading.

Edit:  Wee, thanks for posting that link to the old board, I've been dying to read it.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #31 on: 2006 November 09, 16:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only problem with it is, you have to know what you want. Which is very much MY problem, as opposed to that of SFV itself...also I love the Giving Tree there, some really really nice, high-quality recolours there. It's a lovely community, really generous and kind, but at the same time not-ass licking...I think when I get my new PC, and actually DO download some files, I'll frequent it more...hehe...Cheesy

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #32 on: 2006 November 09, 16:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
My only problem with it is, you have to know what you want. Which is very much MY problem, as opposed to that of SFV itself...also I love the Giving Tree there, some really really nice, high-quality recolours there. It's a lovely community, really generous and kind, but at the same time not-ass licking...I think when I get my new PC, and actually DO download some files, I'll frequent it more...hehe...Cheesy

Well, in my case, I didn't know what I wanted before I went.  However, I lurked in the Updates section, and in the Wishlist section, and found probably 50 sites I never knew existed, since I wasn't big into paysites and could only afford to donate to a few, so the few that got it were the more well-known ones.  I found and then wished for files based on that research.  But my ultimate goal wasn't to get stuff only for my game, but to also get it just to have it, and to share it with others.  So while I might have been really tempted to just say, "all", I knew I'd never get away with that. Wink

And you're right, we do have some really talented members there.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #33 on: 2006 November 09, 16:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, sharing for the sake of sharing, I like, and think is made of key and win...Smiley Which is why I need to get me my better PC, a full 40gb and almost full 30gb secondary hard drive does not bode well for the hoarding/redistributing vibe >.<

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #34 on: 2006 November 09, 16:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, those aren't the best circumstances for sharing.  I now have a 200GB hard drive, and no other downloading habits - I occasionally download movies to watch, but then I delete them.  I rarely download them either, it's more TV show seasons lol.  And I don't download music.  So my 200 GB is still 150? GB free.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #35 on: 2006 November 09, 17:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. YOu have to know exactly what you want and all the names to go with.

I never pay for cc. I can't. I got some nice stuff at SFV. And I wanted to share that back with whomever I cuold. Only it seemed to me I always got there last - everyone already had what they wanted or I didn't have what they wanted.

Is that my fault? I don't think so. But I started feeling guiilty because of it. I kept reading posts where someone got their ass chewed because they weren't sharing back. I just couldn't take it. I felt guilty everytime I went there. So I went less and less until I just don't go anymore. Sad
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #36 on: 2006 November 09, 17:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I didn't sound like I was trashing SFV. But thanks for clearing much of the confusion that was being brought up.

You know, most people are probably saying bad stuff about sharers, but it's not like we're mean -- if we were, we wouldn't be sharing in the first place. Eventually, the greatest evils are the paysites owners. :lol:

Bottom line: hooray for sharing! It makes people happy.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
ok i'm confused
« Reply #37 on: 2006 November 09, 18:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sickpuppy"
Right. YOu have to know exactly what you want and all the names to go with.

I never pay for cc. I can't. I got some nice stuff at SFV. And I wanted to share that back with whomever I cuold. Only it seemed to me I always got there last - everyone already had what they wanted or I didn't have what they wanted.

Is that my fault? I don't think so. But I started feeling guiilty because of it. I kept reading posts where someone got their ass chewed because they weren't sharing back. I just couldn't take it. I felt guilty everytime I went there. So I went less and less until I just don't go anymore. Sad

As mods we don't get involved in something like that unless multiple members say something.  And we never step in unless the balance is completely tipped one way.  Like a member with over 200 request post and not sharing one item.  

Thanks to everyone about the kind words at SFV.  I have no problem with PMBD, and I am not completely retarded, so I realise that people are going to probably prefer it to a method that requires you to do anything more than click a download link.

I do have to agree with coliss that for the most part there are no better people in this community than filesharers, and I think that is why I have such a soft spot for the SFV.  No where else will you find such generosity displayed, you see people donate for others, people send others entire sites, creators (talented creators) who will just on the drop of a dime fulfill a members request to have a hair this color or converted to this gender.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #38 on: 2006 November 09, 18:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree: File Sharers ARE nice!

Please, don't get me wrong. I liked the people at SFV very much. I understand why they put the rules in place that they did, trying to protect themselves and everyone else.

But, simple is always better, easier. Gotta love the size of JM's balls.....
dreamwalker
Landlubber

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #39 on: 2006 November 09, 18:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is SVF that leads me here. I'm still figuring out how the system here works, so I cannot say which forum is more "complicated" in a fair tone  :roll:  One thing I find is different is that SFV have lots of pinned rules that you can and should read, while here I see none so far. Those rules may be a bit headache to read but they surely are very helpful for new comers. I've been at SFV for a long time, so I know all those "complications" come out for some reason. To protect us from banned or out by those pay sites, and to help us share better. That's one of the major reason I stayed there.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #40 on: 2006 November 09, 19:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, this is just a come in, grab stuff, go away type of place, with nothing in the way of rules. It's all good. Smiley

Yeah, I think it's nice, at SFV, that although it can be complicated at first, as long as you read the stickies, which I make a policy of at a new forum anyway, it becomes very clear that those rules aren't there to be an arse, but to protect those who share there...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #41 on: 2006 November 09, 23:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, file sharers are nice. Smiley It's not like they're asking a fee on those items. :lol: I think it would suck if people only rely on that to judge someone.
Twinkie
Landlubber

View Profile
ok i'm confused
« Reply #42 on: 2006 November 09, 23:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the risk of looking like an idiot:

What does SFV stand for? I'd like to check it out sometime. Linkies, maybe?

've got a mind that ticks like a clock. And like a clock, it regularly goes cuckoo.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
ok i'm confused
« Reply #43 on: 2006 November 09, 23:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

simsfilevault.  Link is here

http://forum.simsfilevault.com/index.php

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
coliss
ARR!

View Profile