PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 14:14:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Why do people pay for some of this stuff?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why do people pay for some of this stuff?  (Read 31926 times)
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Why do people pay for some of this stuff?
« Reply #45 on: 2006 November 11, 23:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Yeah, that's good, thorough and to the point, which is what is needed in this case, rather than saying 'omfg it's so ugly!!' or giving it scores out of 10 or whatever...*nods* I would actually be happy to help in any project like this, I feel it's time I actually did something, rather than just sit and bitch...

Seriously, people over MTS2 would give 4 or 5 stars on 5 just because they like it... and before they even download it. And really, some people would just say "iz good cos itz [insert name]". That's why the feature was removed.

I've written something about Maxis before the crash (I think it was lost within other posts). I do like their objets, I think they're great -- it's just too limited. I really like HolySimoly because their stuff is almost like Maxis, you know?

Motoki had said (I think it's lost as well) that some paysites owner just steal 3D stuff from other creators and covert them for Sims 2. Then, they just slap some poor textures to the items. It's not everyone, but some are doing it.
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 November 11, 23:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "coliss"
Rating is overrated. :roll:

What you need is take a good picture of an object, enough to see its details. Note its flaws as well, i.e. animation is good or not.

For example, for a hair set, you could write if it's:

1) 5 basic colors (a REAL red, please?? not pink!)
2) All ages (Elder color properly done, etc.)
3) Properly binned (eyebrows, family GUID, etc.)?
4) Animated
5) Neck gap

See where I'm going? It's long though... but it's the best way, imo, to write something as objective as possible.

Especially a note if the elder is grey or colored, I once was making a video for a friend about one of her roleplay characters and pet dog. I let her help me design the sim, and when I got to the end of the short film, I wanted to do a touching scene with the elder dog and the sim becoming an elder, only to be stunned when she spinned and... almost nothing changed. The hair is the biggest clue to age from afar.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 November 12, 00:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "coliss"

Seriously, people over MTS2 would give 4 or 5 stars on 5 just because they like it... and before they even download it. And really, some people would just say "iz good cos itz [insert name]". That's why the feature was removed.

Yeah, I've witnessed this so often, it's like...'WTF ARE YOU DOING, YOU WORTHLESS SHEEP, there's a zillion posts right there saying it breaks games and you're STILL saying it's the best thing EVAR' *kills liek woah*

Yami, yeah, that kind of bothers me, with how vile Maxis make Elders, I try to make the best of it, and accept, but gawd, they could at least try LIGHTENING the shade of elder hair (I personally like when they do that, if a hair's for some reason, purple for example, it turns a pale lilac on elder stage, or whatever)...or at the other extreme, does NOTHING, and just assigns a plain Maxis hair for elder...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Lauren
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 November 12, 06:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd consider donating to a site filled with nicely made, basic everyday clothing and furniture like what I can find at Wal-mart.

I'm so with you. I HATE the clothes that everyone makes. Most of them are stuff I wouldn't be caught dead wearing.

Objects I take either/or, simply because I do like the minimilist style, but I can find other stuff out there that's not.
Keijra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 November 13, 00:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with you on the Walmart thing.

I'm not into fantasy characters or remaking my favourite anime or whatever. I'm not into making fashion models or Hollywood mansions.

I just want my sims to live their lives more or less like I do. Some of my furnature is shabby. Some is nice. My hair is NEVER teased out into some godforsaken rats nest. My clothes are generally jeans, shirts, sweaters, nice skirts, ect. I have no need or desire to dress my sims like cheap hookers.

I'm sick of having to wade through piles and piles of crap just to find one thing that looks good. That was why I was so tickled when I found the pull-out sofa bed from TRS on here. That is exactly the kinds of things I want.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2006 November 13, 00:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. It is so hard to find NORMAL, non fashion-model-esque clothes. It's like these creators are living out their private dreams of being able to cram themselves into those tiny jeans, sweaters, skirts, etc. when almost NO ONE CAN. I've been trying to make my novel into a sims world and it's so goddamned hard to find what I need because so many of my characters are just average, everyday people. Blarhghdskl
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 November 13, 00:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like clothes to be pretty, I admit, generally something a bit less plain than just, jeans and t-shirt....but I can't stand FASHION, or miniscule skanky, silky, tiny things/huge bulky 'couture' items....Yeah, I guess stuff that PEOPLE wear, not 'celebrities' out clubbing, or something...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Keijra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 November 13, 00:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I will allow my sims to glam it up for a night out or a wedding.

However, I find it a tad unnerving to have a sim pop out of the shower and spin into a Las Vegas showgirl costume with hooker boots (that is, unless she actually WAS a Las Vegas showgirl wearing hooker boots).

It is just weird to see them doing the more banal activites in haute couture. Clubbing? Sure. Scrubbing toilets? Not so much.
VULTURE
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 November 13, 00:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes Lauren

Wow / what insight you have   :roll:

I am glad you made all us think about this burning topic .

Don't be shy to share more of your deep thoughts  :wink:
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 November 13, 00:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
Thank you. It is so hard to find NORMAL, non fashion-model-esque clothes. It's like these creators are living out their private dreams of being able to cram themselves into those tiny jeans, sweaters, skirts, etc. when almost NO ONE CAN. I've been trying to make my novel into a sims world and it's so goddamned hard to find what I need because so many of my characters are just average, everyday people. Blarhghdskl

All women look like they're wearing a corset.

I guess a lot of creators wish they were Chanel/D&G designers or stuff like that, you know? That's why you see replica of everything in the high fashion industry. You can simply take a look at the layout of their websites... :lol:
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 November 13, 00:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "VULTURE"
Yes Lauren

Wow / what insight you have   :roll:

I am glad you made all us think about this burning topic .

Don't be shy to share more of your deep thoughts  :wink:

I really hope you're getting some sort of pleasure out of randomly insulting people, (badly, I might add) I really do.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Nec
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 November 13, 00:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad we can't ship Vulture to RL Tongue

Viva La Revolution thread pages 1-13 download here: www.tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucion Part 2 Here: http://tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucionPt2
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2006 November 13, 00:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming English isn't their first language.  As such they've never heard a "yo momma" joke.

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 November 13, 00:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nec"
Too bad we can't ship Vulture to RL Tongue

Trashcans with eyepatches would be adorable!!

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
PirateChic dahling
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 November 13, 08:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might be a few pages behind but I wanted to say my two cents about the whole "MUST. HAVE. MODEL. IN. PICTURES" craze.
I JUST DON'T GET IT. The whole point of the sims is to have your own sims, not the same headmesh and texture as the next download-crazy girlie next door. I see Noukiesims model guy and go "aw. I wish I could make hot sims like him. maybe I'll try.", sure i inevitably completely forget that I like him until next time I visit the site when I find myself thinking "aw. I wish I could make hot sims like him. maybe I'll try." Lather, rinse, repeat. Hey, I'm a blonde.

Whenever I've posted anything on S2C, I get PM's about uploading my sims, even if i barely changed the facial archetype my mouse landed on to randomise my sim.

It's a pet peeve of mine to see something uploaded on MTS2 with a vaguely attractive model and to have to wade through "OMG UPLOAD HIM."

*back in my box*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: