PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:33:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Why do people pay for some of this stuff?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why do people pay for some of this stuff?  (Read 32039 times)
Lauren
Landlubber

View Profile
Why do people pay for some of this stuff?
« Reply #60 on: 2006 November 13, 10:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sniff* I feel so honoured! Vulture validated my life by telling me that my opinion was of importance! Now I can find the strength to live my life for just one more day.

Oh, wait. I live in the real world. As you were.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 November 13, 17:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lauren"
*sniff* I feel so honoured! Vulture validated my life by telling me that my opinion was of importance! Now I can find the strength to live my life for just one more day.

Oh, wait. I live in the real world. As you were.

I know right, Vulzard has never noticed meeeee, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, you're so lucky!!!

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
yippee
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 November 13, 17:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

people what's RL?

f you still like watching cartoons and think the world is a nice warm place, FUCK YOU.  fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 November 13, 17:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "PirateChic dahling"
I might be a few pages behind but I wanted to say my two cents about the whole "MUST. HAVE. MODEL. IN. PICTURES" craze.
I JUST DON'T GET IT. The whole point of the sims is to have your own sims, not the same headmesh and texture as the next download-crazy girlie next door.

I agree to some extent. A couple of my sims have been asked for on InSim and I'm not sure how I feel about that just yet... but I tend to see unique-looking sims as being worth the same as a unique article of clothing or a decent hair mesh. I think other people do as well. It's sort of difficult to work with the base faces and certain skintones and get someone looking *exactly* how you want.

I can't say I've downloaded many sims myself, because I know they don't look as good in Bodyshop as they do in the pictures. And I'd rather make my own, to be honest. Also, I've seen people bypass the clothes model demand thing by just blurring or cropping the head out in the pics. I'd wager anyone showing off their clothes with an attractive model sim is considering uploading it anyway.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 November 13, 18:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do like to sometimes download whole sims as a starting point...like, an alternative to the Maxis archetypes, and sometimes people really truly do create a very pretty face, but I don't think I've ever obsessed over getting a sim someone's made...I don't see the point..

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 November 13, 18:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel the same way, jessrocket.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 November 13, 22:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "yippee"
people what's RL?

Real life?  :wink:

For MATY denizens, it refers to Retardo Land.
CatBallou
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 November 14, 08:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to pay for things I thought would make the game better until I witnessed the Temper Tantrums being thrown by money hungry *cough* artists/creators (if you can choke that out) :roll: Why? A: Im too damn busy to ever think of making anything, tools provided or not and B: Im not a kid and I didn't think 5 or 6 bucks here or there for "good" crap would break me. Well, ya know what??? Screw that! :twisted:
postergirl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 November 14, 13:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloading sims freaks me out. I don't know why, maybe because I'm a tarribul *elitist* and really dislike the idea of so many different people having the same sim. Though, I have downloaded a sim here and there for the custom content and oepu's Devon Aoki (with a little body shop tweaking) is in my game.

But, uh, topic. Right. I have no idea why people pay for anything, I can't think of one paysite I would give my money to at all. I subbed to Peggy once, but, yeah, what most people have said is on point. It's not as superamazingawesomefantastic!!!111one when you get it in-game. Now, there are some sites with donation sets/extras I would cough up the cash for. Around the Sims 2 comes to mind for me.

size=9]why we all gotta look, gotta act the same? i say, if you're born a lion don't bother trying to act tame.[/size]
Katryvna
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 November 14, 21:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fell into the trap of donating or getting 1 month subscriptions because some of the content looked awsome in the previews....I was severely dissapointed and cursed myself once I saw the shit in-game. Now I know better, and will never fall into that trap again.
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 November 14, 21:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Keijra"

It is just weird to see them doing the more banal activites in haute couture. Clubbing? Sure. Scrubbing toilets? Not so much.

You don't scrub your toilet in full make-up and hair while wearing three inch heels and a skirt that half your ass is hanging out of?  What the hell is wrong with you?!?!  :roll:

Just teasing, in case it wasn't clear :-)  And yeah.  What REALLY fries me is the teen outfits that are hoochie-mama-wear.  If hubbie and I have a girl, she won't be wearing some of the outfits I've seen.  At least not at home.
postergirl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 November 14, 21:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "avic"
You don't scrub your toilet in full make-up and hair while wearing three inch heels and a skirt that half your ass is hanging out of?  What the hell is wrong with you?!?!  :roll:

You leave a whole half of your ass covered!? Prude.

size=9]why we all gotta look, gotta act the same? i say, if you're born a lion don't bother trying to act tame.[/size]
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 November 14, 21:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doh!  I try to make up for it by having my shirt expose all my cleavage plus a nipple....  sorry.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 November 14, 21:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DO NOT WANT.

*giggles*

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
postergirl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 November 14, 21:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so much better. But with a whole half-ass covered... geez. It better be pierced. And I hope your weave is bright pink, for chrissakes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: