PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 06:34:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Openhousejack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Openhousejack  (Read 138680 times)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Re: Openhousejack
« Reply #495 on: 2009 August 22, 17:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm uncomfortable with links outside of the sims community being linked to, especially with personal information on it and yes, even if it is public.  :/

Well those sites have settings to make your page private and in fact Facebook defaults to private so if someone made their page public they intentionally set it so.

Here on PMBD, we have a rule about not linking to people's whois info for their websites and/or posting personal information.  It may be out there in the interwebs freely, but we are not tsr and we don't post/link to it here.  It's in the FAQ under Forum Policies.  I'm not a mod though, so it's up to you to do the right thing.  Smiley

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2009 August 22, 17:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this whole thread is personal information and it's been around for a very long time. Personally I think it's relevant because people are paying this person money and you can see where it's going and to what sort of person and what their mentality is like. I am not TSR and I am not hacking into anyones accounts or stealing anything that is not purposely and freely put out on the net anyway and easy enough to find, but if you want to play net nanny then fine I will delete it and probably take my ass out of this place too for a while because you know what, of all places I really don't think people here should get up on some moral high horse or start censoring.  Roll Eyes

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2009 August 22, 17:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this whole thread is personal information and it's been around for a very long time. Personally I think it's relevant because people are paying this person money and you can see where it's going and to what sort of person and what their mentality is like. I am not TSR and I am not hacking into anyones accounts or stealing anything that is not purposely and freely put out on the net anyway and easy enough to find, but if you want to play net nanny then fine I will delete it and probably take my ass out of this place too for a while because you know what, of all places I really don't think people here should get up on some moral high horse or start censoring.  Roll Eyes

I hardly think this is worth flouncing over.  It makes me a little sad too because I was happy that you had returned and wondered where you had been.

It's okay to disagree with me about where the line should be, but I think we PMBDers do pride ourselves on being on a higher moral ground than tsr.  We don't resort to the things they do, even to prove a point.  

Also,  the rule was written into the FAQ because it was a decision based on the consensus at the time among us.  Maybe the majority doesn't feel the same now.  I don't know.

ETA:  Btw, if the information is public, then those among us that want to read it are likely to be resourceful enough to find it themselves.  It is unnecessary to link it.  Smiley

ETA2:  To those who missed it-I was complaining about the links Motoki recently had up that went to Openhousejack's Myspace and Facebook pages.  He has taken them down now.  I wasn't referring to the original content of this thread, which is very old.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 22, 19:26:50 by missangelica » Logged

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
ydwk
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2009 August 22, 17:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's okay to disagree with me about where the line should be, but I think we PMBDers do pride ourselves on being on a higher moral ground than tsr.  We don't resort to the things they do, even to prove a point. 

I must admit I´m a little bit upset now Undecided   Where, exactly, do you mean we resort to the things TSR do? We are not hacking or stealing so what do you mean?
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: 2009 August 22, 18:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O.o

Ad if he's reading, you only pay for milkshape -once-.  I got it for 25$ back in the day and it still works just fine - so free upgrades and the like, and its a good little tool.

And TSR -does- link people's personal info and share it - granted, a difference between a link to an open for all facebook and someone's email, personal info and credit card numbers.

And only one with the power to delete stuff is Pes.  So, I guess I'm just saying 'I'm with you fellas' Smiley [That is, I don't see what the fuss is, we might not all agree all the time, but no reason to get upset when we don't.]

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: 2009 August 22, 18:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I´m totally with Motoki on this, they are set to public or private for a reason. And I think that 'Jackie boy' here will survice since he has no integrity whatsoever, he boast out about his sexual experiences and he is whining about how ugly he is and that he has got no money bla, bla. I don´t think you put out all of that as public in a blog without expecting responses. My point is; his choice, his responsibility, not mine.
And Motoki, I really thought his personal writing acts could be explained by age, but I guess some things in life you cant explain. Cant get over the fact that he is 29 freakin´years old! Ha ha, never thought that!
Bah admit it, you're just nosey. Don't try to cloak it in some moral affront.

I'll have stand with missangelica on this one. We did kinda decide to keep the personal stuff to a minimum as much as possible and for various reasons.

Motoki I also agree with her in that I'm glad you've come back here. I enjoy your posts and your insight and it would be nice if you stuck around. Don't flounce, it ain't worth it.

As a general statement, I must say that as a big ole homo this whole thread has raised some questions for me. There are worse people in the community probably doing worse things in their personal life so I'm kinda wondering why OpenAss is getting such vitriolic reactions.  At the end of the day I really don't care enough to make it an issue, but it still poses some questions, fun as it is. Just sayin.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2009 August 22, 18:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread has existed since before the FAQ was written up and kind of got grandfathered in, I guess.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
ydwk
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2009 August 22, 18:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I´m totally with Motoki on this, they are set to public or private for a reason. And I think that 'Jackie boy' here will survice since he has no integrity whatsoever, he boast out about his sexual experiences and he is whining about how ugly he is and that he has got no money bla, bla. I don´t think you put out all of that as public in a blog without expecting responses. My point is; his choice, his responsibility, not mine.
And Motoki, I really thought his personal writing acts could be explained by age, but I guess some things in life you cant explain. Cant get over the fact that he is 29 freakin´years old! Ha ha, never thought that!
Bah admit it, you're just nosey. Don't try to cloak it in some moral affront.

Yeah, aren´t we all, kenmtl?
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2009 August 22, 18:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you all realize you're having a rant over Openassjack? It is not worthy for Christ's sake. Let this thread sink again like it was weeks ago and let the deads rest in peace. This resurrected thread was created years ago, things were indeed different. So Kumbaya and let's call it a day.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
ydwk
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2009 August 22, 18:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you all realize you're having a rant over Openassjack? It is not worthy for Christ's sake. Let this thread sink again like it was weeks ago and let the deads rest in peace. This resurrected thread was created years ago, things were indeed different. So Kumbaya and let's call it a day.

Yes, this is really stupid. I rest my case Grin
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2009 August 22, 19:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words, just shut up and stop posting and let the thread sink back to where it was, obscurity. No need to let it divide us, so STOP IT. Stop posting and making comments in it. Also, you had no case because you aren't a damn lawyer.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2009 August 22, 20:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well slap my behind and call me a bad person! But I'd like to say something before this thread dies.
I have no strong opinion or otherwise about linking to Facebook or MySpace, but I would be pissed if someone at TSR linked to mine. This is why I have privacy measures in place; to prevent anons from e-harrassment.

I am not TSR and I am not hacking into anyones accounts or stealing anything that is not purposely and freely put out on the net anyway and easy enough to find, but if you want to play net nanny then fine I will delete it and probably take my ass out of this place too for a while because you know what, of all places I really don't think people here should get up on some moral high horse or start censoring.  Roll Eyes

This is saddening. missangelica's posts were polite, well worded, and one even included a smiley face. I don't believe that she was harping on you. She even said so much as that it was her opinion and she may well not be in the majority.
Are you not better than this? Having a bad day or something? Really, because I don't want to kiss your ass and say "ZOMG please don't leave, we love you so much MWAH!" but there is no reason for you to flounce over something as trivial as this. Your recent posts have in no way been annoying or unpleasant to read, and it makes little sense as to why you suddenly seem... kinda 12, honestly. And you say that this of all places shouldn't be censoring? But you threaten to leave merely because someone voiced their opinion? That sounds to me like a manipulative version of censoring. So, seriously, bad day syndrome, or what?

edit: grammatical error
« Last Edit: 2009 August 22, 20:53:59 by dusdeedawn » Logged

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2009 August 23, 15:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but I can see Motoki's point. Getting even ever-so-gently slapped down for the sort of posts that are pretty much sanctioned all over the rest of the site is enough to put you in a negative state. I reference the multiple assaults on Atwa, Thomas, DOT, etc., especially Atwa and the insinuations about her sexual relationship with Thomas, the unflattering pictures of her, the snickering about her mental state. She openly posted the material that was re-posted here, just like Openhousejack freely posted his. I'm not saying I like it, in fact the personal assaults on people are what I dislike most about PMBD. It's not going to ruin my day, I'm just saying it's silly to claim that PMBD adheres to a higher moral ground when you go around making vulgar versions of people's names (i.e. "Atwat," "Thomass," "Openass Jack") and theorizing about their sexual activities with one another. And then, to chastise a fellow member for repeating what the "targets" themselves freely reveal?

Like I said, I see Motoki's point. But I also think it's foolish to flounce just because a few people chided you. Tell them, thanks for the input but you don't agree and move on. Sticks and stones, mate.

The one who angers you, controls you.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2009 August 23, 23:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This site has never been okay with sharing people's private information. This site, of all sites, does actually deserve to get on a "moral high horse", because we exist to destroy paysites.

I don't care about OAJ's private life. Fine, I love gossip, and he's a sterling example of how paysite con artists don't actually need the moniez to feed their starving children or whatever. But I don't really know what he has to do with destroying paysites. There is a difference between joking about people and calling them vulgar names, and linking directly to their actual real-life information. OAJ's stuff is public, so I don't really have a problem with it other than that it's not really on-topic, but I can see why people would have a problem with it.

If anyone wants to flounce because some people disagreed with them, buh-bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Roll Eyes

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: 2009 August 23, 23:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly when I personally refer to Thomas as Thomass it has nothing to do with his sexuality, his personal life, or anything or anyone he does or does not do outside the Sims Community. The same with Atwat - personally I could give two shits who they are sleeping with outside their respective spouses. When I refer to Thomass as Thomass and Atwat as Atwat it refers to their behavior within the community. Thomass acts like an ass within the community- this is why we have some many bloody TSR threads. He condones, theft from free creators, site hackings and sharing personal information that no one outside The Shit Resources Accountants have any need t or right to know- he is an ASS! Atwat acts like a Twat within the community - she is a Twat to anyone who dares challenge her assumptions the Thomass, TSR and paysites in that order are GOD and she acts on these assumptions by site hackings, threatening emails etc. People receive these nicknames generally based on their behavior within the community other than in this thread which someone used Necromancy to bring back to life.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: