PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 19:29:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com  (Read 25900 times)
stim
Landlubber

View Profile
Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com
« Reply #75 on: 2007 January 04, 10:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

First DAY patches?

They didn't even make the same quarter.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/exnem]Exnem[/url]  Peggy Sims 2  The Sims Resource
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 January 04, 11:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lastly they broke the record for patches, not even the same year...2007 tick tock (wasnt Pets middle Oct 2006 release), still waiting for main patch.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2007 January 04, 21:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, the EULA also specifically says not to bother EA about this, too. And frankly, I don't think it's wise to pester them. Anyone familiar with the law of unintended consequences?

Yes I am, which is why I'm happy the thread is locked and can still be linked to, and I haven't said anything more about it, either privately to MaxMel or by throwing up another thread.

I mean, do we really want EA to, say, annex or buy TSR? And decide paysites are OK? Or make Sims 3 custom content-less?

insults started flying

Hardly flying. One person said nazi about one forum host and nothing else was said by anyone else. All in all it was a polite discussion except for that, and unfortunately just because it's true doesn't mean they liked it. Wink

I take MaxMel's point that it is EA's business what legal action they choose to take (I think I said that further down in the thread: they can choose to sue, or not, but that doesn't invalidate their claim). But, again, wasn't the point. So long as simmers know they don't "have" to pay and owners thinking it's OK to go pay just because "everyone else is doing it" know that 'tain't necessarily so, that's what matters.

That post was aimed at people who care if something may be illegal or not. Others don't care about that, and will respond to posts that talk about being ripped off and unfairness. Others don't care about that and will respond to posts like the ones at S2C where there is talk about poser meshes being stolen.

Others will never care about paysites at all, but once they are awrae of the phorum, MATY and PMD, they'll be happier to get the stuff for nothing anyway. Smiley

As LesserOr said, the thread stayed up an awfully long time, including the nazi post. I'd suggest EA made the request for the thread to be locked.

Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2007 January 04, 22:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "bethgael"
I'd suggest EA made the request for the thread to be locked.

I was thinking TSR.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
lordrichter
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 January 04, 22:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
Quote from: "bethgael"
I'd suggest EA made the request for the thread to be locked.

I was thinking TSR.

Nah.  They would want it deleted.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 January 05, 09:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More like someone with a phobia of the word "Nazi" reported the post.  Maybe they didn't get round to reading the thread for a while, which is why it didn't get locked straight away.  but I think that's a problematic word that does tend to get complained about no matter where it appears.

I get the feeling neither EA nor the SimMasters were keen to close the thread, but they have to act if someone posts a message with either the word "Nazi" or the word "cunt" in it.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 January 05, 11:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The c word verses a Nazi. Sorry the C word comparison, no way.Well if you call someone a nazi or refer to them as a nazi I dont see how you can call it a nasty word. First of all its used historically, in movies  in reference to Hitler and his group. Not used as name calling but as a poitical reference. I dont see that referring to someone as Nazi like behavior or is a Nazi (which is that persons opinion) is name calling unless you like Nazis. the Nazis historically were evil and set a statandard in our modern world. cant use Nazi? The C word I think is inapproriate on a forum that has children on it, that i dont see a comparison to. Nazi, maybe Maxoid Mel is one cause she gets uppity of its use, it was not a racial slur, it was a political party that tried to take over the world, killed millions etc. Many people use this word, I think when you start using this as a reason for closing thread, thats pretty weak. Its used a lot, even though the Nazis were evil in many a eye, the word beside a real racial slur, does not have the same tone. When I see it used, I take  half reference to it, and can clearly see its an apoinion, and used as kind of a slang verb for Nazi like. The language and the tone are not the same when a person uses it in comparison to the C word. The c word from what I can tell was devoloped to be an insult, but NAZIS Were real lots of historical proof to that fact.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 January 05, 11:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not likening the two words to each other, just pointing out that they receive similar knee-jerk complaints, that tend to be settled by a harrassed moderator locking or deleting the thread.   Representatives of the PMBD cause can help to keep threads alive by avoiding posting the more typical thread-killers.

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 January 05, 12:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teadrinker I know you arent. i was just saying there is no similarity to these 2 words uses, and how nazi was used in the thread was namecalling. They did not say TSR are nazis, but like,
clipped from:
They make so much money, they have to pay Value Added Tax in Great Britian. He runs his forums like a nazi,

like a nazi is not namecalling. They just looked for anything to close it down with. The whole thread was civil. Lots of people are reading it, numbers picking up. Maybe people go out and think, before jumping in to subscribe.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 January 05, 13:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, all's well that ends well.  The thread remains to be read.  That beats before when they got snarfed by the next morning.

...not that I am quite sure of the definition of "snarfed", first seen emitting from Pescado's keyboard.

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 January 05, 16:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I'd better fess up. I'm the one who posted the "offensive thread" at the BBS. I don't really care anymore if people know who I am. I am so disgusted with Thomas and TSR, I kind of exploded. I'm usually much more diplomatic though. Maybe I've been over here too much.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 January 05, 17:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the interests of political correctness, I shan't call them Nazi's, but TSR are pretty inflexible.  I have always had the feeling that the rules are more important than the customers, who are there only to give the moderators the pleasure of watching rules being enforced Smiley

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 January 05, 17:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
OK, I'd better fess up. I'm the one who posted the "offensive thread" at the BBS. I don't really care anymore if people know who I am. I am so disgusted with Thomas and TSR, I kind of exploded. I'm usually much more diplomatic though. Maybe I've been over here too much.

Dissenchanted I read how you worded,  when you say like you are not namecalling. If you said they are thatcould of been said. Just think our thread might be seen as controversial, and gets lots of readers lol cause of your supposed name calling. The name calling issue was subjective, and just excuse by Mel to lock it up. I dont blame you I dont think anyone else does.

VampLena
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 January 05, 19:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not been here long and im disgusted, I blame EA for being too lazy to get their overpaid lawyers to crank out Legal Mumbo Jumbo letters to these people for the good of the community.
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 January 06, 12:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First DAY patches? We got a patch on the first day? Where?

Needing rather than getting, in this case, but I meant underbaked games in general.

Though "we'll patch it when we figure out where we assigned the code monkeys" does belong in its own special category.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: