PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 20:53:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5286 Members
Latest Member: Flybulle
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com  (Read 29464 times)
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com
« Reply #45 on: 2007 January 03, 21:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update, the thread on the BBS has been locked by MaxoidMel.  Not sure what to make of the closing statement.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2007 January 03, 21:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it as more heads burried in the sand.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 January 03, 21:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it as not actually having read the entire thread. It wasn't supposed to be discussing the illegality of paysites but why EA allows paysites in violation of their Terms stated on the site while advertising said sites -- that are ripping off simmers.

I actually said that in the very last post I made on the thread, but it seems that post was made at the same time as the thread was being locked, so even though it looked to me like it went through it's not there now.

OK, I'm not really sure why it's considered "off topic" either (call me stupid. No, please Wink Smiley), as the most common question on the BBS at the moment re custom content is "where do I find it", but that's OK. Maybe it needed to go in "General Discussion" instead. The important thing is that it wasn't deleted. I suggest people keep linking to it (and the discussion at S2R) anyway so new simmers can at least find the thread at some point. Smiley

lordrichter
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 January 03, 22:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tIIsuggas"
Update, the thread on the BBS has been locked by MaxoidMel.  Not sure what to make of the closing statement.

It means that they are not going to address the issue any time soon.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 January 03, 22:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone Im going to post this before my Internet connection wigs out again this is what he wrote. Who wrote Nazi

A message has been posted to a thread you subscribed to.

BBS:      The Sims 2 Forum (BBS)
   Subject:   Re: Question for EA re fan custom content sites listings

I am locking the thread.

We do not appreciate name-calling or speculation of how fan sites are run or featured. Calling
anyone words like "nazi" also breaks our BBS Rules and this entire thread is off-topic.

I realize this is an ongoing topic of interest but please let our legal department worry about
whatever avenues EA does or does not choose to pursue - it is not a debate we are hosting or
commenting on at this time.

Thanks.

notice they are calling fansites paysites here. Lets go run a paysite folks :evil:  :evil:

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 January 03, 22:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beth notice though lets go back in mass even if the lock us and ask oes that mean fansites that are paysites are legal. So we can throw their EULA out the water?

WE have a weapon we vcan use though, BOYCOTT

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
ChineseFood
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 January 03, 22:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the heck?!  "jmtsimmom" said, "He [Thomas] runs his forums like a nazi, expunging any contrary views, banning members on a whim."  That's the only place in the thread where the word "nazi" appears.  And that's supposed to be name-calling?  And no "speculation of how fan sites are run or featured" allowed!  OMG THREAD LOCKED!!!

Such B.S.  Gimme a break.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 January 03, 22:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lets right an official opinion gather Email names in support, then post it on site, we will boycott Seasons etc, Maxoid Mel's remark was insulting.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 January 03, 22:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not going to realistically be able to mount a boycott against Seasons.  You won't get enough supporters.   If the thread got locked because someone called someone else a Nazi it just goes to illustrate what I have been trying to say which is that anti-paysite threads are best conducted in a civil and logical way not with a load of offensive abuse.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
tIIsuggas
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 January 03, 22:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something like

"My parents won't let me buy anymore expansion packs or stuff packs from EA because I have spent all my allowance on paysites."

My stuff at  MTS2
graniaomalley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 January 03, 22:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"
You're not going to realistically be able to mount a boycott against Seasons.  You won't get enough supporters.   If the thread got locked because someone called someone else a Nazi it just goes to illustrate what I have been trying to say which is that anti-paysite threads are best conducted in a civil and logical way not with a load of offensive abuse.

In other words, don't give a rational reason to lock the thread/end the debate, right?
tIIsuggas
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 January 03, 23:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the bloody hell can't the mods at the BBS delete single posts?  They could then moderate, and let the civil discussion continue.

My stuff at  MTS2
m_firestorm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 January 03, 23:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also found this MaxoidMel person to be insulting. S/he replied in such a way that makes me wonder if s/he even read the damn thing.

I dunno, I read the whole thread and I thought the comments people made were very intelligent and thoughtful. Nothing insulting in it at all. And certainly no name-calling. Or maybe I'm desensitized to what is "inappropriate" from reading too many threads on here and MATY :roll: (Yay for free-speech!).

Also, since when is it a sin to speculate about anything? That has got to be the weirdest reason for locking a thread  :?
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 January 03, 23:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they locked and didn't delete.  I think there is some chance that sympathy is on our side even though they have a job to do.  Mel  might have seemed annoyed cos she would have liked the thread to stay but had no option once the insults started flying.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 January 03, 23:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Teadrinker I have seen examples where products or places boycotted changed the execs. Were the customer if we get together in nubers we have a lot of power, low sales figures not good.
I'm tired forgive my typos
But notice he used paysites and fansites together maybe we should start a thread there...

Well EA may not of said it officially but MaxiodMel said it,

(reprint post)

Here you got it, we can see the EULA on the SIMS 2 its not worth its weight in gold. Maxoid said paysites are fansites. Maybe we should get together as a group, and make our own stuff pack of content and sell. I'm sure Insiminator  and MTS2, appreciate the extra funds. You kind of spit in their face Maxiod Mel. They were trying to obey the terms of the Eula but from what you just told us, its okay to profiteer off your game theres no EULA.

How about that dont know nerve enough to post it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: