PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 04:37:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com  (Read 25928 times)
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 01, 17:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they were owned by ibibi. You really need to be fluent in Swedish, or something scandinavian, to read what google throws at you. There are various posts by Johan and Per (@ibibi.com) that show up but not much in English. There used to be more in English, even some mention of them at TSR, but it has all been taken down in the last few months.
whois gives Per as contact for ibibi.com

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
m_firestorm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 01, 17:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
There used to be more in English, even some mention of them at TSR, but it has all been taken down in the last few months.

Hmm... I smells a conspiracy, I do....
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 01, 18:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually,

Thomas O. Isacsson
OddJob Media ab

turns up a lot more information - these are the people involved with it:

Jan Isacsson, Art Director/Projektledare (jan@oddjob.se)
Johan Isacsson, Programmering (johan@oddjob.se)
Thomas Isacsson, Art Director/HTML/CSS (thomas@oddjob.se)
Mikael Sundberg, Programmering (micke@oddjob.se)
Mattias Sundberg, Programmering (mattias@oddjob.se)
Eva Åström, Ekonomi

Might be fruitful to search for their names.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 01, 18:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not know the true story of TSR but the way it seems to me is that Steve started the site from his love of the game (I don't know when subscriptions started so he may have been after the money all along) and when it got too big for him he brought in a backer (Thomas and his money-grabbing posse). They spent a while in the background, but Thomas especially has recently become dumber/greedier and there have made many changes to the site. In my experience Thomas was rarely seen posting and he tended to stick to admin issues. Getting caught up in the debates has made him lose face with a lot of members, he has been heavy handed at deleting posts that suggest TSR might not be the perfect world he wants to market it as and has removed information about himself as he has made himself a target and he doesn't like it.
I remember reading posts about him and his gang (Jan, Johan, Per etc...) having a dubious past, (buying sites, milking them to death and dumping the mangled remains). It may have been mis-inference but the only sources I can point you to are here and MATY (yes it's a big stick and not very accurate).
Please note that this post is just my views and may all be based on misreading hearsay.
exnem sims
Edited because I had a brain spasm over heresy and hearsay and made up a new word.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 01, 18:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Isacsson_Thomas_13514186.aspx

According to this site here (click on the news links) Thomas owned Mgon, and when it went under he bought it with oddjob media I presume.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 January 01, 18:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like their whole life is muscling in on gaming communities to make money out of them.   I suppose Maxis found it mutually convenient at one time, to have someone provide the appearance of a pre-thriving Sims community, as it makes the game more attractive to potential buyers.

Maybe it's time they all came clean instead of saying "we're keeping an eye on them"

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 January 01, 18:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

getting disapproval over at EA:

When TSR will go all free I will be convinced that EA disapproves of paysites. Until then, I'll believe that they approve of them, especially given all the free advertising and sustained promotion they give to this site. This site has never been free given that almost all the free stuff they so generously offer have pay meshes. Yet there isn't any EA promotion that does not include TSR. TSR makes a lot more money than all the other pay sites combined and it seems EA is not botherd about this. It does not even have the disclaimer that fan sites are supposed to have. If they have it, they must have put it on a very well hidden page. Or they have an agreement with EA. Debating the EULA on this forum is useless as long as EA has no intention of enforcing it. Until EA will actually take a non equivocal stand on this issue , I think people who address hateful messages towards paysites on account of the said EULA should keep in mind that EA is on very good terms with TSR, the largest pay site ever. Moreover, if EA and TSR do have an agreement covering selling of custom content, I think this whole anti- paysite movement is just a good laugh.
They the above must be a paysite lover.
Well I also found their main corporation TSR, thankyou, which I cant read lol
http://www.oddjob.se/index.php

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 January 01, 20:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Alright I have traced TSR through a news clip at Mall of the sIMs to this:

This afternoon, Steve Bonham,(The Sims Resource), posted more concerns regarding TSR's huge bandwidth consumption as well as its exponential increase in traffic. TSR is owned by the MGON Network and has seen the same drops in advertising revenue that's effecting the entire online ad industry.
http://www.mallofthesims.com/newsproarchives/arc3-2001.html

OK then I see something that this collapses and it has many sites. Can someone fill in the missing pieces, who bought up all theses sites or did they branch out on own?

Kind of proves it's a commercial venture not a personal fansite, though dinnit?

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 January 01, 20:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you read on yes, you see they have financial backers and all in this new venture too. I'd love to see all Peggy's company real data.

Looks like we have a bunch of cowards out there, they dont want to join our thread there.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
ChamiMinds
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 January 03, 01:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Lurker slips foot in the pool] I had to add a reply over at the Official site under the link Beth provided. I think that we just need more people to ask why in a simple easy mannor. Not really put up opinions on them just ask EA for theirs. So that's why I added in my two cents. Thought I'd let you all know here too since this is where I 'heard' about it! [/Lurker takes foot out of the pool]
Edited cause I couldn't type correctly
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 January 03, 02:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou Chami for joining us, the more that post over there the less likely EA can ignore the issue. And what an education everyones getting over there to Smiley

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 January 03, 07:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More people need to go there begging them. We have to build it up like a snoball rolling down a mountain thats bigger and bigger, then they cant ignore us, have to address this issue. it needs to be a hot forum on the BBS.
thread readers:
Over 1200 views of this thread, why cant 500 people who viewed this post go over there to EA. We'd get quick results too :twisted:  There is power in numbers, cmon stop lurking out there, your here there is a rebel in you and you can join us in this inquirey!  :twisted:
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=&threadID=3c59233ac5acfdadea46f92efe01c7e8&directoryID=24&startRow=1

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 January 03, 09:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thread is still there.

Why does the fucking BBS go down each day precisely when I click Save on a message I have just written?   And why unlike more sites does Back not take you back to your editing screen so you can copy it?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 January 03, 10:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

isnt that aggravating, did that to me last nigght Teadrinker, your not alone. At least they haven't made the thread disappear. They must of been off Today cause of Ford's funeral. Wait till morning!

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 January 03, 10:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

isnt that aggravating, did that to me last nigght Teadrinker, your not alone. At least they haven't made the thread disappear. They must of been off Today cause of Ford's funeral. Wait till morning!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: