PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:17:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com  (Read 25896 times)
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 01, 10:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Rabble rousing isn't really my style. Smiley

I simply meant to keep the thread (and others like it) at the forefront of EA's consciousness.

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 01, 10:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think we were rabble rousing, but asking good questions and all.  I dont do rabble rousing good either.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 01, 10:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, I was just thinking some people might interpret your invitation to join in as a general freeforall, is what I was afraid of.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 01, 11:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well they arent joining us in the groves yet :twisted:

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 01, 11:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'In droves'. The phrase is 'in droves'.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 01, 14:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renatus lol please forgive me, wrote that when my brain was in a fog...been up all night again.

bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 January 01, 14:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I thought "in the groves" was quite appropriate. After all, isn't that where pirates bury their treasure?  Cheesy

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 01, 14:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

both work,
WE NEED PIRATES TO GO IN DROVES TO THE GROVES
groves(ea) lol

seriously, how do we find out who the corporation is behind TSR...Who really is TSR. I dont believe the EA thing at all they would have to put in their ceorporate info. Unless we go go over EAS head and look at who owns them. BRB, it may be in there.

« Reply #23 on: 2007 January 01, 15:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Renatus lol please forgive me, wrote that when my brain was in a fog...been up all night again.

No problem! I write for a living so making corrections to text is an automatic reaction with me.  :wink:
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 01, 15:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright I have traced TSR through a news clip at Mall of the sIMs to this:

This afternoon, Steve Bonham,(The Sims Resource), posted more concerns regarding TSR's huge bandwidth consumption as well as its exponential increase in traffic. TSR is owned by the MGON Network and has seen the same drops in advertising revenue that's effecting the entire online ad industry.
http://www.mallofthesims.com/newsproarchives/arc3-2001.html

OK then I see something that this collapses and it has many sites. Can someone fill in the missing pieces, who bought up all theses sites or did they branch out on own?

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 01, 16:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People try to expand too far or too fast, or to diversify too much.  It's the most common cause of a business going bust.

There was no reason for TSR to start giving out "mini sites".  The whole point of submitting to an existing group site is that it saves you having to run your own site.   Once you want your own site, mini or otherwise, it's time to move to your - wait for it - own site!

TSR is trying to be too many things and change too much.  I think they should do a rapid rethink and go back to how it was including treating all the content the same.  Subbers get instant access, Freebers wait for rotation.  It was just about acceptable that way as a voluntary donation site.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 01, 16:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "huge bandwidth consumption" argument is largely bullshit. I mean, you don't see *US* complaining about huge bandwidth consumption. No, last month we went through nearly 4 TB. No sweat.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 January 01, 17:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was an old post from 2001, Pescado. I still am looking to see who took over TSR after the collapse of MCON. Do you know Pescado?

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 January 01, 17:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm kind of unclear about what sort of information you're looking for Soup Parrot - but if you tell me, I'll be happy to look.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 January 01, 17:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
I'm kind of unclear about what sort of information you're looking for Soup Parrot - but if you tell me, I'll be happy to look.

Ok, I have seen this forever in various sites, people thinking TSR is owned by EA. EA I checked doesnt own them. I researched by TSR staff and found this reference MCon that went bust. OK, after MCON did TSR just start by itself ordid someone else buy MCON and all its game sites out. I keep hearing references to Thomas, what is known about this guy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: