PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:40:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  this makes a lot of sense...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: this makes a lot of sense...  (Read 10852 times)
ChloeFox
Landlubber

View Profile
this makes a lot of sense...
« on: 2006 December 25, 03:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

taken from:  http://www.boutiqueemilie.net/

Updates
Merry Christmas! I hope everyone's holiday will be filled with joy and happiness. Thank you so much for the past year, I can't believe how many of you have visited this site. Almost 1 000 000! In the light of the success B. Emilie has had, I'm sad to announce that I'll be closing the site early next year. My interest in sims has faded this fall and I don't feel creative enough to create for it. There's just no will power. Even playing the game is boring. I think I need to move on. I'm truly sorry about this because I know it'll dissapoint a lot of you kind people out there. I'm saying this now as a warning, to give you plenty of time to grab everything you might want to keep in the future. Also, I'm changing my policy: you're allowed to share all of my creations from this point on (except the donation gifts of course). You may send them via email to each other, or upload to download sites such as MTS2. You may NOT however take credit for my work, or submit my files to a pay site. I think that's all I wanted to say. Best wishes.

Typical pay site owner. They'll shut down a site but leave up that little blue Pay Pal button until it rots and rusts. It's understandable that she's sick of the game, but it's lame that she's being stingy with her shit hole donation set. They are in the booty, but they aren't event that good.
Xerolize
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 25, 03:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, will she still be creating for TSR? I haven't seen anything in her blog. Also, I don't see the paypal button or the donation set anymore. :?:
Super_Pirate_Dude
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 25, 04:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Xerolize"
Well, will she still be creating for TSR? I haven't seen anything in her blog. Also, I don't see the paypal button or the donation set anymore. :?:

probably not, she doesn't like sims anymore
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 25, 04:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see it as *that* unreasonable. She's only ever had like a couple of donation sets anyways. And she's not saying to keep paying her for her donation sets even after her site's closed. For some reason, she just wants her donation sets to stay w/ the people who donated only. It might seem like a bizarre request to you, but hey, at least she's not being greedy.

And at least she's not pulling a forwardmotion (hopefully). Like OMG I tried to get a life so I'm closing my site but whoops TSR's waving that money in my face so I guess I'll stay and create for you guys instead of having a life!!! That dude pisses me off.
Jysudo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 25, 05:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frankly I don't see anything wrong with her request regarding paid files. She is just trying to keep her files unique which is exactly in the interests of those who paid.

Can you imagine if you once paid for her files but now it is going free because she is closing? You might feel a sense of betrayal as a consumer. I think she is not greedy. If she is, she would just stay on creating with TSR.

Sometimes it is good to look at things in a larger persepective and not just accuse anyone who had a few paysites as being greedy.

o Away.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 25, 05:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Jysudo"
Can you imagine if you once paid for her files but now it is going free because she is closing? You might feel a sense of betrayal as a consumer. I think she is not greedy. If she is, she would just stay on creating with TSR.

This pretty much happens all the time in real life. Aren't you pissed that I can pick up clothes at the Salvation Army that you paid an arm and a leg for 30 years ago? No? Yeah, see?

Quote from: "Jysudo"
Sometimes it is good to look at things in a larger persepective and not just accuse anyone who had a few paysites as being greedy.

PAYSITES MUST BE DESTROYED!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 25, 11:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another kill mark perhaps?

As the site is closing after the arrival of PMBD.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 25, 11:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's definitely not a killmark.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 25, 14:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BE was one of the few sites I still downloaded from Sad  Is the site going offline?  I hope people put her work up @ mts2.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 26, 15:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Super_Pirate_Dude"
Quote from: "Xerolize"

probably not, she doesn't like sims anymore

Of course she will. She'll be over on TSR faster than you can say "cabbage". Like Jesse said, all the cool kids are doing it!

Stitches
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 26, 16:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Research people: Emilie has been at TSR as "GS Emilie" for over a year. She has a few sets up there. She is currently set as a "Retired Artist."

Anyways, I don't have a bad thing to say about her. I like her stuff and I think it's shitty to cry "TSR Sellout" everytime someone closes a site - especially since it's pretty obvious that Emilie had the good graces to put up a very open redistribution policy. I never felt that she had a donation set up to rip people off - in fact, it isn't even available on her site as far as I can tell. It seemed to honestly be about bandwidth, as her previous site had a lot of bandwidth problems.

e are the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 26, 17:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but "honestly about bandwidth" doesn't exist these days when there are many places that host CC free.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Stitches
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 26, 22:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. The fact that for several months now, she has not had the donation set up on her site, implies (to me at least) that she found another way around her bandwidth problems. I don't really know that I can fault someone who had a donation set in the past, and then got rid of it when the discovered another way of doing things. Many CC creators are not professional site designers or very familiar with hosting in general. It takes a certain learning curve while they explore their options.

Perhaps I haven't had all my faith in humanity beaten out of me yet though.

e are the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel.
Got_Nerd
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 26, 23:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just give it time.  And a few encounters with Pescado  :lol:

On a serious note, I'll really miss her site.  Aside from the frequent layout changes, it was definitely one of the better ones in the community.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy/]PeggySims2[/url]
OpenHouseJack
Exnem Sims
lucy_fell
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 27, 06:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, this makes me sad. I always use her CC in my game. And I do understand her policy regarding her pay files. Maybe she thinks it's only fair that the people who actually paid are the only ones who get to use them, never mind those of us who got them from other sources. It doesn't really matter to me because I think her free stuff are better than her pay ones.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: