PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:59:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!  (Read 82716 times)
lorikay
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
« Reply #195 on: 2010 January 31, 10:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may be right Inge, but her words were just so filled with loyalty for a site she believed she helped put on the map.  I just don't see her trying to make tsr look bad.  And since you're here, you must be wanting tsr to look bad.....lol
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2010 January 31, 11:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to position myself on the paysite issue, I have been trying to give Johan ideas for how they can offer more content free under various conditions without damaging their profits too much.  I would love to see TSR return to a system where every download will be free at some time or another.  I am still in favour of a community where all game content is shared free of charge.  I do have an anti-piracy policy for my own behaviour, however I would not actively interfere with other people who wish to commit pirate acts on software.

Back to Atwa:  I think she was placing emphasis on her loyalty to TSR in order to make more of a case for how badly they treated her.  To make herself look more misunderstood and hard done by.   But to me it seems obvious that at the time these conversations took place her *feelings* had changed, and the loyalty (if she ever genuinely had any) had been replaced by anger and resentment towards TSR or some people within it.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
No No No
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2010 January 31, 12:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My position is: I don't (can't) file share because I'll be damned before I pay for something, and I don't even download alot of custom content.
But I'm pro free and pro pirate. Especially since Sims 2 or Sims 3 custom content 'piracy' isn't even real software piracy.

And Atwa,.. oh Atwa, Atwa, Atwa... *shakes head*
There's no wonder this (part of the) database got leaked and there's massive script kid attacks on sims sites going on. She'd even share it with her milkman if she had it printed.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2010 January 31, 12:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way I see it is Thomas made a huge error of judgement sharing the info he did, and/but I don't suppose for a minute he had anticipated the sheer loose-cannonship that has been perpetrated by this unfortunate mess of a woman.   It just goes to prove the point I have been trying to make to various TSR reps ever since, which is that you do NOT share certain types of data with people you don't have any contractual control over.

If only Thomas would acknowledge openly that he made a mistake and has learnt from it, we could all go back to hating TSR just for being the hugest paysite in the world of simming.  Smiley

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2010 January 31, 13:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, I think you’re right that nobody at TSR anticipated how far out Atwa would get. That level of nuttiness is rather hard to fathom – particularly from somebody you know. What’s scary is also that this MSN chat took place 10 months ago. Who know’s were Atwa’s mental state may have taken her in the meantime. *shudders*

Oh, and Snarky: I’m not out to score sympathy points. Don’t need them, and if I did I would simply stick to always backing up the consensus here and never speaking out when I think things are wrong. And of course also promise to always support PMBD no matter what happens. I do none of the above.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 2010 January 31, 17:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for Atwat, that message is disturbing. Especially the part where she kept talking while Susan was away. I mean, back in 15 means back in 15. I honestly could see Atwat enlisting the help of outside hackers to do her bidding.

She actually reminds me a lot of an old friend/enemy of mine. She would tell my boyfriend and I that her husband beat her, and that he wanted a divorce. Then She would tell her husband that our room mate was stalking her. Then told her husband that she wanted a divorce, but told myself that her husband was throwing her out of the house. Oh and that her husband also tried to "rape" her. Of course all of this she contradicted herself on by telling other people the exact opposite.

Atwat strikes me as that type of a person. Someone who just wants sympathy. Someone who just wants people to feel bad for her. Not realizing that 99% of the damage done to herself, is done by herself.

But as for Thomas and Johan. They are either with her or against her. Multiple times she has claimed that Thomas and Johan have been trying to help her get back into TSR. Personally, there HAS to be some truth behind all of this. Or how else would she keep coming back, and almost instantaneously become SA/FA. Thomas and Johan have the ability to keep her out, but don't? Why?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2010 January 31, 17:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible she apologised the first time and they just felt sorry for her?  Maybe they thought givning her another chance would give some direction to her life.  I mean I can understand someone feeling sorry for her in spite of how ugly she comes across at times.

minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2010 January 31, 18:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas & Co. will never own up to what they did, nor will they ever genuinely apologize. The reason for that is, they are NOT sorry. Their motives are evil. One long look at Coconut's website will show the evil intentions that they have upon anyone who they think might try to thwart their evil plans. They will do anything possible to make themselves look pure and kind-hearted (remember the dying man situation?), but their intentions are not in line with the "customer's" best interest.

And profit? According to the EULA, there shouldn't BE any profiting. I know that argument's older than dirt, but it's still there. I don't know how anyone with half a brain could be pressed to "help" them, after all the evidence that has been stacked against them. There is no helping TSR; they USE you. And once they're done using someone, they're cast off like an old rag doll. I'm not sure why I'm saying this, because I know that stupid is as stupid does. Obviously, you cannot convince someone to not sell their soul to the devil until after they've done it and can't turn back. Wink

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2010 January 31, 18:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible she apologised the first time and they just felt sorry for her?  Maybe they thought givning her another chance would give some direction to her life.  I mean I can understand someone feeling sorry for her in spite of how ugly she comes across at times.

But we are on her 4th or 5th time coming back. Once or twice I can see them genuinely feeling bad for her. But by now it's no longer a "chance" but a habit they are developing. Not to mention, every time she leaves she is put into this crazed mental state. It's no longer just TSR doing bad things, but if Atwat is really as bad off as she says she is, then are toying with her mental health. Or what's left of it if you will.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: 2010 January 31, 18:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first one or two or maybe even three times could well be because she apologized and promised to never do it again, but if we’re at number 4 or 5 it does begin to look strange. I don’t know. Numerous women take violent husbands back again and again and that seems equally difficult to understand if you haven’t been in that situation yourself.

And honestly, if I were TSR, I’m not sure I would know what to do to handle Atwa and her craziness. She seems to be in a state where even if – IF – Thomas said clearly to her that he never ever wanted to see her within a 500 meter radius of TSR, she would interpret that as a message of support for herself – only Kath and Tug and the scumbag and the pirates and those outside her home are making him tell her in such a strange way. I mean, judging from the MSN chat she must be completely delusional and has quite lost touch with reality.

PS Missbonbon, that is quite a scary story about that friend/enemy of yours, too.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2010 January 31, 18:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More likely it is to throw an out of control animal a bone to keep it still for a bit.  TSR Inc. isn't about feelings unless it is to manipulate opinion.  First and foremost they are about control, of their people, of OTHER people, of user made tools and content, of their profit margins.  Otherwise we wouldn't be here talking about them, I'd wager.

Absolutely agree that sharing private info as TSR did (and defended publicly) was and continues to be the poorest, most selfish and egregious decision that should have been strangled at the merest suggestion.  Instead they eagerly handed out shovels and dug their own hole.  But this explains the hold Atwa has over them.  They've long known she's got information she should have never had access to (much of which shouldn't even be collected in the first place) and has shown herself to be wildly flippant in her use of it to somehow get back in TSR's good graces.  

They handed out the shovels and Atwa (if it is indeed just Atwa) is using hers to beat them about the head and neck so they might love her again.  It's almost psychotically fitting.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2010 January 31, 19:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Handing out that information was one of the most atrocious things they've ever done, to be honest. Think about it. How many people have had their info shared, sites hacked, attempted ID theft going on in their lives because of it? Plenty. The worst part of it continues to be that TSR feels justified, STILL, in doing what they did, even though people are now having, and have had, troubles like that because of their piss poor judgement over who could and could not be trusted. "Nothing personal, it's just business," is more than likely the motto they keep repeating in their heads. The thing is, businessmen, GOOD businessmen, don't behave in a manner calculated to cause harm to someone's credit/identity, no matter the cause. They roll with the punches and move on.

There are books and reports and guidelines written about how to conduct a good business, but from what has been shown, TSR has never seen a one of them. They wouldn't study them if they were handed to them free of charge, because TSR as a business doesn't have a right to exist and deep down, they know it. Sure, it's an off shoot of a parent company, but the selling of pixels for a video game that they do not own is not kosher or legal. So, they use illegal methods to keep and defend their illegal monetary gain.

We've heard the arguments against paysites, hell, we've made many of them here on this forum. But at the end of the day, we at least can feel safe knowing that we wouldn't stoop to doing the crap against them that they have undertaken against us. The only reason TSR exists as it does is to make the almighty dollar. Not for the sharing, not for the learning, not for the community. They could have all of that without the money. Thing is, they want the money so they throw the "community" aspect in there as a bone to keep people coming back and from going elsewhere.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
bohemianalyse
Landlubber

Bohemian Hedonist

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2010 January 31, 19:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason TSR exists as it does is to make the almighty dollar.

What makes it even worse, I think, is that they're taking money from kids, right? Unless I'm mistaken the site mostly attracts 12's, and that's not cool.

The Sims 2 > the Sims 3.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2010 January 31, 19:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they accept anything but credit cards, so I don't suppose kids can use it at all.  Which is even more sad in many ways.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2010 January 31, 20:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PayPal is (or was?) another method of payment.

Just curious. Does anyone know what role, if any, this Susan had at TSR?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: