PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:22:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!  (Read 82722 times)
Scotty
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
« Reply #75 on: 2010 January 25, 19:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would NEVER think anything like that of you Inge. I think your annoying as hell, and you get on my ever last nerve, but I am WAY too nice to say something like that. But, I'm glad you said it anyway. Smiley

Inge: Shut your Piehole.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 January 25, 20:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Quorneater
I mean if I wanted people to believe my site had been hacked I would post stuff like "Inge is a gray fat manipulative hypocrite"

Nope. If I popped in over at Simlogical and saw that message, I would just automatically assume that one of your more vindictive personalities had pushed aside all the others and would probably be in control until the next traumatic event caused a reshuffle. I'd also wager that you could suddenly play the jazz saxophone and taken to smoking long, long cigarettes (no doubt, in an effort to kill Inge).
coconut
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2010 January 25, 22:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am here Lois  Wink

I do not think for one second that Witchboy has any involvement in these hackings, he has no motive, and neither does any other 'pirate' for that matter. It is a possible scenario that some sites may simply shut down or ‘give up’ after such attacks, this would not be of any value to the ‘cause’. It would also be quite futile for a ‘pirate’ to attack or pretend to be attacked for the sole purpose of blaming TSR, TSR have been quite adept at shifting the blame with smoke, mirrors and the occasional use of a pawn, and they will continue to do so until they make another mistake that can not be covered so easily.

It would serve more of a purpose for them to attack TSR, although TSR have claimed such attacks have happened, NO damage was ever done in any of these supposed attacks. This is a perfect example of the theory expressed here where hackers attack themselves with no actual damage being caused.

Some of the attacks were made using the same ‘paid for’ proxy server as used by Thomas and Atwa. No one knew about the server details until after the hacks, Witchboy and everyone else outside of TSR would have had no way of knowing it.

It has occurred to me that the randomness of the latter attacks could be a case of mis-direction, if we go back to the attack on MTS, on the buggyboo account, the motive was quite clear, as the attack was solely to remove evidence of the theft of her work by a TSR FA. Recent attacks however, are quite random, with no clear motive, which could point to these being scattered attacks to hide the true intended victim(s) and the motive behind it.

Tom and the team have been behind a similar website hacking in the past, unrelated to the freesite/pirate movement. It was a hacking seen by them at the time to be of benefit to TSR, although the end result did not work out quite how it was intended to. This attack is not of my concern, and I am certainly not going to put my neck on the block, so to speak, to give details on something I do not care to be involved in. Tom, Johan and the team know exactly what I am talking about.  

It was around this time that a post appeared on a certain hacking site, one of the posts that has recently been discussed somewhere here. Tom brought our attention to the post, and among other things, I had major concerns that he saw it so quickly after it was posted, it was as if he was already hanging around that site for a response to a certain something else posted..?  I spoke to Calalily about this that night via PM on LJ and aired some concerns, before I got a reply, my LJ was deleted by a Swedish IP, traced to TELIA MOBILE NETWORK SERVICES, in Stockholm.

Tom, weeks  later, commented he thought that one of the posts ( The one asking for Pescado to be hacked ) was made by the person that TSR had hacked because the site owner would have thought he was hacked by Pescado.  I have always been in two minds as to whether that was really the case, or whether Tom was covering because he made that post himself. As for the post asking for TSR to be hacked, I had put that down to a misguided kid seeking revenge for the initial post. Regardless of who posted what, which is not really important, my point is that TSR have hacked in the past, for reasons they saw as justified and I fully believe they would hack again. My only reservations are how many of them are involved this time, and what are we being mis-directed from.

« Last Edit: 2010 January 25, 22:29:41 by coconut » Logged

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2010 January 25, 22:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still think Pescado has the most probable and credible theory - that the list with unencrypted TSR passwords was leaked or given to script kiddies who are now enjoying themselves with hacking into random people's accounts.

And you know what? That pisses me off NO END!  Angry  Because of TSR stupidity and/or arrogance my password and that of a whole lot others are now in the hands of people who are only out there to wreck havoc. Thank you very much, TSR, for not having the sense to encrypt a database with such a load of information. Morons!

And them I'm not even addressing the issue of how that list came out of the database in the first place, and who might have passed it on to the script kiddies. Double morons!

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 January 26, 00:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, shit. Why won't they leave her alone? I've never even heard of the place until now, and from what I've heard she's not part of the drama chain. Someone's just trying to be a dick. Pisses me off too, mostly because they won't QUIT.

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
coconut
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2010 January 26, 00:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that it may be possible that TSR have passed un-needed parts of their unencrypted DB to ‘script kiddies’ in order to create a diversion, however for the most part I do not believe this applies to a great deal of the hackings - as that would mean they would have not only shared their M.O. of Photobucket/Mediafire attacks but would also have shared the actual type of photograph used in the defacements. I find the argument of all the script kiddies coincidently using the same defacement as TSR unconvincing, but I concede that other styled attacks may have been as a result of a partial ‘leak’.

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 2010 January 26, 00:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you need to treat yourself the way they would treat you

Because you have done a great job of treating people fairly haven't you? Has WitchBoy ever jumped out out you with wild accusations claiming you are some sort of criminal... I highly doubt it, you have treated him like utter crap and then have the audacity to give the whole "treat people how you want to be treated" speech.

"He was at the scene of the crime, clearly he must be guilty and had to be stopped!" - sound familiar.

I mean if I wanted people to believe my site had been hacked
At this point you seem to be the only one who doesn't believe obvious evidence.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 26, 04:36:04 by ShanOw » Logged

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 January 26, 01:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but would also have shared the actual type of photograph used in the defacements. I find the argument of all the script kiddies coincidently using the same defacement as TSR unconvincing, but I concede that other styled attacks may have been as a result of a partial ‘leak’.
Are you kidding? Goatse? Tubgirl? Those are CLASSIC choices. People goatse websites all the time!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2010 January 26, 01:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but would also have shared the actual type of photograph used in the defacements. I find the argument of all the script kiddies coincidently using the same defacement as TSR unconvincing, but I concede that other styled attacks may have been as a result of a partial ‘leak’.
Are you kidding? Goatse? Tubgirl? Those are CLASSIC choices. People goatse websites all the time!

You say that with disturbing fondness of the images.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010 January 26, 01:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See The 8 Stages Of Goatse (Safe, no actual Goatse).

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
johan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010 January 26, 07:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And like a genie in a bottle coconut is summoned to blow dust in our eyes Grin
Nothing of it can be verified but it sounds believable. Who knows, perhaps it fools someone.

Was there something you didn't want us to see Witchboy?

I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2010 January 26, 08:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was there something you didn't want us to see Witchboy?

I have nothing to hide. Why you would think that is beyond me. I'd believe Pescado & Coconut 1st, way before i'd believe anything you or tsr had to say anyday.

And if you must know, i called on Coconut to get his/her take on the situation.

After all i am Lois dontcha know Cheesy

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

lorikay
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010 January 26, 08:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been hanging around here for a little more than a year.  I'm not saying that TSR has anything to do with the recent hackings.  However, is it any wonder that people would accuse them first?  They've already been known to make people's private info public.  And somehow Atwa keeps getting into TSR without their knowledge. Roll Eyes  The incompetence is extraordinary.

And then Inge comes here in another thread to stir things up, and then in this thread to cuddle up to johan.  Sorry if I'm confused.

I'd believe witchboy and shanow and all before I'd believe anything concerning TSR and Inge.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010 January 26, 08:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changed my mind.  I think ShanOw did it.  She's far more worried about what I said than Witchboy seems to be.  Credit to Witchboy for keeping his cool, I say.    Cool

Our lil friend must be stopped.
simneesee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010 January 26, 09:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changed my mind.  I think ShanOw did it.  She's far more worried about what I said than Witchboy seems to be.  Credit to Witchboy for keeping his cool, I say.    Cool

Is this a joke?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: