PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:53:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  SimsDivine is closing in October
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimsDivine is closing in October  (Read 7384 times)
karu
ARR!

View Profile
SimsDivine is closing in October
« on: 2009 August 28, 03:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimsDivine is closing in October.  Too many awesome sim sites are closing.   Cry

http://www.simsdivine.com
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: SimsDivine is closing in October
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 28, 07:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn. I wish great sites would stop vanishing. I might have to go on a downloading spree in case the files are ever lost totally.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Andais
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 28, 13:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, dang.  Many, many lovely things at that site.  Such a shame when quality sites close.

I can't visit the site here at work to read the news.  Have any plans been made for hosting an archive of the downloads?
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 28, 14:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The notice on the site says this:

For those who don't know this, MSFS is Manga_Moon. As Sims Divine is closing it's doors, all of MSFS and Manga_Moon's stuff will be put up onto his TSR account 'Apple' ~ but don't worry, he'll see to it that these files will always be set free to download. Thankyou.

Quick, someone warn him not to do this!  There's no way he can guarantee his files will be free and he will have no control over them at all once they are uploaded.

If he ever decides that he wants them off the site, they won't honor his request.  How many people do we know that this has happened to?  It feels like a countless amount of people..
« Last Edit: 2009 August 28, 15:06:30 by missangelica » Logged

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 28, 15:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember the Sims2sisters. They promised to upload at T$R all the files that were on their site and to put them free. It never happened to their object meshes, all where lost to oblivion. They only transferred a few hairs that were put to pay and that's it. Sad

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 28, 15:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I didn't even know about this site and soon it won't exist.  Cry  Time for a downloading spree.

Thanks for the heads up, Karu.

The one who angers you, controls you.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 28, 16:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's the wrong step for that person to upload to TSR. Eventually the money will be too tempting and they'll succumb. It'll only be a matter of time, I'd say. Sad

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 28, 16:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't this Manga_Moon the same one who pulled their downloads from MTS2 before/during the Buggybooz hacking incident and started uploading at TSR in the first place?  I know there was a little drama over that here...

If so, good luck on trying to sway them.  I think they've planned on putting all their things there in the first place.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 28, 16:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who don't know this, MSFS is Manga_Moon. As Sims Divine is closing it's doors, all of MSFS and Manga_Moon's stuff will be put up onto his TSR account 'Apple' ~ but don't worry, he'll see to it that these files will always be set free to download. Thankyou.

Quick, someone warn him not to do this!  There's no way he can guarantee his files will be free and he will have no control over them at all once they are uploaded.

If he ever decides that he wants them off the site, they won't honor his request.  How many people do we know that this has happened to?  It feels like a countless amount of people..

According to his profile page:

Last Active:     July 13, 2009, 12:31:16 PM

Who is uploading his files to tsr?
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 28, 22:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's the wrong step for that person to upload to TSR. Eventually the money will be too tempting and they'll succumb. It'll only be a matter of time, I'd say. Sad

His TSR account is Apple and he already is an FA.  The person who posted that about his Mts2 stuff staying free was saying that even though his TSR stuff is pay somehow he will keep this stuff free.  Ya right.  Everyone who believes that raise your hand now.  That is what I thought.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 29, 04:01:39 by scrappysim » Logged

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 28, 23:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I thought that MSFS was a "new" creator. Hell, he even had the nerve to say that he'd never shared a creation before that dining set because he thought his stuff wasn't worthy and that surely nobody would like it  Roll Eyes

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 29, 04:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was referring to this -

If that is true then He is already and FA.  "Apple" is an FA and is therefor pay. His stuff is aready pay at TSR so if he ads more then why would he keep it free?

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 29, 15:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I thought that MSFS was a "new" creator. Hell, he even had the nerve to say that he'd never shared a creation before that dining set because he thought his stuff wasn't worthy and that surely nobody would like it  Roll Eyes

His MTS2 name was Wil-Redfern.  He has a lot of different names   Huh
thebean
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 29, 17:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a theory to hopefully be scorned at.

I think that young Will is the product of a simming mum who didn't quite make it to the upper echelons of the simming world and transferred her dreams onto her youngster.  Wanting to please his mum, he did everything, by that, I mean everything and anything to get his mama's dream.

"Apple" "MSFS" Manga Moon" "Will Redfern"  and no doubt countless other "personalities"  are one and the same.    According to his Apple profile he has been playing since 2000.  His BPS profile states him as being 17 which means he has been playing since the age of 8, next to mummy no doubt.  I am guessing that dad is not in the picture or rather vaguely.  Either that or he is lying, which he does often so no way of really knowing.

Lets just add a leftywillnot into the mix and see what sums everyone comes up with.  lefty Will not is a stubborn little boy who refuses to play nicely with the other kiddies and adults in the simming playground.  Will wants to be something and will do anything, absolutely anything to get his trophies and reward.  Will also wants to please his mum and make her feel proud. Will is now FA at Tsr, goal achieved.  If it isn't sad, it's pure evil. Will has many names and a fairly big lifespan so you will no doubt have many more profiles to deal with before you hear the last of him.

Could be wrong, often am....buggy (yes, as in buggybooz).
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 29, 18:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*faints* That could well be, I know that the only reason my niece got into playing the Sims version one was because it was one way to get her mother's attention. My sister kind of got off onto tangents not related to family back in those days and the kids had to find some way to connect with her.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: