PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:08:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Freesite Creation Finds - Round THREE - The Sims 3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freesite Creation Finds - Round THREE - The Sims 3  (Read 87556 times)
Miikan
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Freesite Creation Finds - Round THREE - The Sims 3
« Reply #120 on: 2009 October 18, 13:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new blog I didn't know.  I love clutter! Thank you!

Clutter here, clutter there, clutter, clutter everywhere  Grin
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 October 18, 16:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case anyone missed it (and I don't think I saw it posted in this thread yet) the always-talented Plasticbox has been uploading a ton of things for TS3, including adorable lots and some gorgeous siding.

Preview:

I sing along with elevator music.
Miikan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 October 19, 11:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More clutter from BabaYaga  Cheesy

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=374942
tjstreak
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 October 19, 16:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case anyone missed it (and I don't think I saw it posted in this thread yet) the always-talented Plasticbox has been uploading a ton of things for TS3, including adorable lots and some gorgeous siding.

But have you noticed that a lot of these houses have bathrooms which lack toilets, sinks, and sometimes both?  I mean, how do you feel about a bathroom which has a toilet, but no sink?
Andais
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 October 19, 16:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But have you noticed that a lot of these houses have bathrooms which lack toilets, sinks, and sometimes both?  I mean, how do you feel about a bathroom which has a toilet, but no sink?

I haven't noticed any of his houses lacking a toilet, even if he was forced to stick it in the basement.  It's really hard to build small houses with more than 1 bedroom for a newly made sim -- if you are trying to save a little money or a little room, having your sims use the kitchen sink is a good compromise.  While I don't download houses, I have really been impressed by Plasticbox's creativity in cramming everything in.  Not to mention that his houses always have some neat touch with their roof or a neat little alcove, or something. 
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: 2009 October 19, 16:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite the lack of sinks it is a lot easier to start a legacy challenge with one of qBuilderz or Plasticbox's starters than ye typical bare stonewall with a sink, toilet and shower attached a a bed just lying on the lot

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 October 20, 05:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi guys, been away for a bit and just getting caught up. Major thanks for the buzz on SimsArtGallery, I snapped up the Bellini Living Room and several gorgeous paintings. The Anemone White set (first pic under "Better Late than Never..." about halfway down the page) is awesome! I'd post a pic but Photobucket's being uncooperative at the moment.

Also, fabulous news about Nouk's return! Sims 3 still sucks in comparison to Sims 2, IMO, but thanks to the community it's starting to get a little more interesting.

The one who angers you, controls you.
tjstreak
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 October 20, 10:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed any of his houses lacking a toilet, even if he was forced to stick it in the basement.  It's really hard to build small houses with more than 1 bedroom for a newly made sim -- if you are trying to save a little money or a little room, having your sims use the kitchen sink is a good compromise. 

It's really not THAT difficult.  Of course, that is the challenge of building a starter home: providing as much value as possible with a very limited amount of funds.

A big part of Plastic Box's schtick is building 2 story starter homes with a split staircase.  However, those staircases waste a lot of space and money (as do basements).  Also, I question whether it really is a starter when it is built on a small lot, and one has to purchase a larger lot to use it in game.

But the question really is: would you buy a house with bathrooms which did not have a sink?  Or one where the only toilet was in the basement?

Maybe a better use of available funds would be to buy the damn sink (and the space to put it in)  and not that extra tree to prettify the place.
Miikan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 October 20, 12:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed any of his houses lacking a toilet, even if he was forced to stick it in the basement.  It's really hard to build small houses with more than 1 bedroom for a newly made sim -- if you are trying to save a little money or a little room, having your sims use the kitchen sink is a good compromise. 

But the question really is: would you buy a house with bathrooms which did not have a sink?  Or one where the only toilet was in the basement?

I would. I love Plasticbox's houses and I use them in my game. Of course, I understand we are talking about the game not the RL, right? But even so, sometimes it's not such a bad thing to buy a house which lacks some things and then change them in the way you like it. I could suffer going down to the basement if I knew it was a matter of time and I would have money soon to change.
To be honest, I always find something I'd like to see my way ( even in very expensive lots ) - we all have different tastes and it is very difficult to make something that would please everyone.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 October 20, 13:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I question whether it really is a starter when it is built on a small lot, and one has to purchase a larger lot to use it in game.

Buy a larger lot?  What for?  Room to expand the house later?  Why not just move?  If there's no room for an outdoor pool or soccer net, that's fine with me.  I do a lot of community skilling.

HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2009 October 20, 14:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why buy a bathroom sink when your sims don't use it?  They don't wash their hands after using the toilet.  Not without a hack anyway (this may have changed in TS3).  plasticbox usually has 2+ skilling objects on the lot, which a lot of people who build starters don't.  Because there too busy making the house too large on too big a lot to be a proper starter.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 October 20, 15:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims with a Neatness trait always wash their hands after using the toilet, but I've never noticed the others doing it. Still, my aim in creating my Sims' homes is to make them as realistic as possible, and that means a sink in the bathroom and a sink in the kitchen, even if they're slobs who never wash their hands and they don't use the kitchen sink because they have a dishwasher. After all, dishwashers break, and you might have a neat-freak guest who'll throw a fit if they can't wash up after toidy.

The one who angers you, controls you.
Andais
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 October 20, 17:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really not THAT difficult.  Of course, that is the challenge of building a starter home: providing as much value as possible with a very limited amount of funds.

A big part of Plastic Box's schtick is building 2 story starter homes with a split staircase.  However, those staircases waste a lot of space and money (as do basements).  Also, I question whether it really is a starter when it is built on a small lot, and one has to purchase a larger lot to use it in game.

Maybe a better use of available funds would be to buy the damn sink (and the space to put it in)  and not that extra tree to prettify the place.

You know, I'm not always keen on things that people post here as pretties, just because they aren't my style.  But I do appreciate the work and skill that went into making them.  This thread isn't "let's pick apart something created by a free creator just because it isn't quite to our taste."  MTS has a LOT of lots uploaded and, at least in my opinion, Plasticbox is one of the best lot creators.  You say don't make it a little prettier by adding a tree, just add the bathroom sink that none of the sims use autonomously and that has the same interactions as the kitchen sink.  I say, leave out extraneous items to make the house a little prettier so my sims are happier living there.  And I think the split staircases are cool and I really wish that EA would allow us to stack foundation tiles to make it easier to make them.  It's a matter of taste.  And regardless of whether or not his/her houses (or any items) are to your taste, given that there is nothing wrong with the playability of the lots and they are from a free creator, I don't really see where you get off being so critical.
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 October 20, 17:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Andais. This is paysites must be destroyed. If you want to criticize free items, go elsewhere.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 October 20, 18:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the question really is: would you buy a house with bathrooms which did not have a sink? 

There are houses in real life that have small bathrooms that don't have a sink in them. Usually what it was is the builder had a small amount of space and decided to stick a toilet in there and slap a door on it and call it a bathroom, anyone using it could go to the kitchen to wash their hands.

Why buy a bathroom sink when your sims don't use it?  They don't wash their hands after using the toilet.  Not without a hack anyway (this may have changed in TS3). 

Sims with the neat trait always wash their hands after using the bathroom. Others may from time to time, but it is rare. I've got a hack that makes everyone wash their hands after using the toilet except for sims with the sloppy trait.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: