PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:52:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):  (Read 69261 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Oh EA, you money-greedy bastards. ):
« Reply #60 on: 2009 August 16, 14:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mostly it was because at the time they were the only game in town - and actually some of the non-pigs voted to keep me, its just there were enough votes to not keep me [and I didn't know about this because it was done behind my back] I wasn't at all upset to go though.  I can go without a gaming fix for a little while. Cheesy

What was funny is they told my SO at the time he could stay and he told them were they could shove it.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 August 16, 17:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I go into buy games at EB the young me are oh, so polite.  I think they believe I'm buying games for my (non-existent) grand children.  It confuses the hell out of them if I ask something like, "Is there any word about a new TES game?"*  Their expressions are priceless.

*Yes, I know the latest scuttlebutt.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 August 16, 17:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thread at the Sims3 forum still up.  Hydra asleep on the job?  I'm very happily surprised by all the positive comments, especially the ones from parents.  Where are all the 12s screaming at us for daring to criticize EA?  Did they stay at the old BBS?

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 August 16, 20:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We can only hope, Cat. I'm finding that parents do give more of a shit about what their kids see on the internet and I'm liking it.

As for paper gaming and LARP-ing, both my husband and I enjoy it and used to do it quite a bit before we had our young one. Now and then, our old GM comes over to run a game and out come the dice bags, the character notebooks and all of the other game equipment. Right now, I'm lusting over a massive d20 over on ThinkGeek.com. (They have more than gaming stuff over there, btw.) Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 August 16, 20:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's report Hydra's post! Cheesy

Hydra asks us to report inappropriate posts, and write this rule (rule thread)
"Do not link to, request, or discuss content that may raise the game rating to an "M". This includes linking to teen pregnancy hacks, nude hacks, etc. "

So I helpfully quote that rule in my report of Hydra's post because it links to Peggy (nekkid skin) and TSR (innumerable smut and R rated ads).  You too can press the Report button!

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2009 August 16, 21:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would email Ben Bell and the other EA executives- with links, and photographs of TSR's supposedly PG-13 content- , and Peggy and Rose's supposedly PG-13 content including naughty nighties, thongs, and nude skins and point out that none of this is anymore appropriate for a 12 than the teen pregnancy hacks on sites like MTS that have never claimed to be PG-13.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 August 16, 21:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome post Cat, and I am amazed to see it at 4 pages and counting with no deletion. People are even bumping it to keep it in easy view.

*Cheers and rum for you*
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 August 16, 23:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What was funny is they told my SO at the time he could stay and he told them were they could shove it.

Good to hear he met minimal standards of human decency, about that anyway Wink.

That's a great post, CatOfWar. I'm amazed it's still up. Hopefully it will reach a lot of people.

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 August 17, 00:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neriana, thank you.  Sadly, it seems the post is only up because EA censors, oops, I mean moderators, don't work on the weekends.

(We discussed proxies a while back, and I've finally figured out how to make them work on my machine with Firefox.  If you're still interested, there's great pictorial instructions for Privoxy here, in section 5.  Just make sure Vidalia is running when using Privoxy.  You can also use any of Pescado's servers as a proxy, but the setup is different.  Clear all fields except Socks proxy, put the IP of a Pescado machine there, and use port 10345.  I might have the port number wrong, lost my notes in the move.)

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 August 17, 00:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its really great that your thread has brought to light all this for some people, and there is a good amount of people who all agree with it.

I really wonder if any of the mods will post in that thread tomorrow before locking it, and then deleting it. I doubt they will, be you never know.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Alinda
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 August 17, 03:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SoggyFox, maybe those pigs kicked you out because they were afraid of losing to a girl. XD

My little cousin (once removed) claims that girls can't play wrestling games. When I played on his x-box, I started beating up my opponent with moves that he's never seen before. Then I let his little sister (who was probably a 6 at the time) beat up the guy. My cousin was amazed. The funniest part was that the only thing I did was repeated press the same button over and over again.

If the mods only work on weekdays, maybe we should only bump it up on weekends. It'll keep them from deleting your post and plenty of people will still see it.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 August 17, 03:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the mods only work on weekdays, maybe we should only bump it up on weekends. It'll keep them from deleting your post and plenty of people will still see it.

Posting a thread Friday night, probably after 6 or 7pm Pacific time would be a great tool for us. That way people will see the thread all weekend, and if its deleted Monday morning, there will be tons of people who know it was there, rather than posting it during working hours, and one person sees it and then poof, its gone.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 August 17, 05:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*waves to Alinda* Cheesy

Yeah, I'm for the weekend plan too.  It's such a bother to have to repost and repost deleted stuff (not that we shouldn't bother).  I've been busily screen capping, and have the text of the 1st post, so when it gets nuked, reposting won't be tons of work.

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 August 17, 05:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posting a thread Friday night, probably after 6 or 7pm Pacific time would be a great tool for us. That way people will see the thread all weekend, and if its deleted Monday morning, there will be tons of people who know it was there, rather than posting it during working hours, and one person sees it and then poof, its gone.
Nifty idea. Tongue Ninja threads!

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Alinda
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 August 17, 05:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*waves to Cat* x3

There's only one problem. For the weekend plan to work, we need to keep other people from innocently bumping it up on a weekday. Otherwise the gurus will see it. Hopefully they don't read the forums on weekends. :/

Edit: Or I suppose you can just repost every Friday.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: