PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:40:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 163951 times)
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #285 on: 2009 October 03, 10:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you scroll down the page, you'll see that the person who posted Secret #20 is now accusing us of being greedy.

From all the people I have asked to tell me what they think of PMBD, and to tell me honestly, and not just what I wanted to hear, their opinions were always negative.

Well, you know what they say. Everybody lies.

Edited because I obviously can't spell.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 03, 10:40:31 by aeris » Logged

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
chann
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: 2009 October 03, 10:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly, TSR is a beacon of transparency and accountability that PMBD must strive to emulate, if we wish to have as much credibility as they.

PAYSITES EUNT DOMUS
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2009 October 03, 12:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, from now on we'll just make stuff up. 
TSR can understand that terminology. They're familiar with pulling ideas out of their arse.

ARE WORKING WITH AN ABOMANATION LIKE TSR
I'm glad the secret individual sees TSR for what it is - an "abomanation". Cheesy

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2009 October 03, 18:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, according to Secret Butthurt Pirate we need to do some pretty deep soul searching and figure out why we're turning off all of those incredibly virtuous leading lights of the sims community and what we're doing wrong that's causing them to go running off into Thomass' arms. Well, if I weren't so busy NOT giving a shit about being liked by people who will never like me, I might just do that.

But probably not.

As an auxiliary to the booty, I see the phorum existing primarily as a place for people to share information about the shady, greedy practices of paysites. It also gives them a place to vent their frustration and disgust with those activities. It's not about winning over people who CAN'T be won over.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2009 October 03, 19:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least none of you folks get the finger pointed towards you with the words, "YOU are the reason the cause is damaged, YOU are what's wrong with the freesite community and you suck!" So what, I don't express myself with hearts and flowers and sunshine goodness, but at least I genuinely believe in what the cause was founded for. I speak my mind honestly and if it doesn't sound like something out of Oxford, oh well, I didn't go there. I'm a plain-spoken, at times aggressive, person. I make no apologies for being true to myself and what I believe. If people think I'm mean and suck, they think that and nothing I can do will change it because there is no way I'm going to beg forgiveness for not being the Emily Post of the free site movement. Although there does come a time when a person tires of being a scapegoat for all that goes wrong and they gradually fall silent.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2009 October 03, 20:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden - Who cares what some fool on a silly 12 site thinks?  They're just jealous because you have fanboys who call you empress and they don't. Wink

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2009 October 04, 00:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how anyone else feels about the secret. BUT I do know that my particular feelings are somewhat diappointed. If you, dear anon who replies to our comments on PMBD via Simsecrets comment box, are/were a long time member, why not mention your beef here? If you honestly feel there is something that needs improving, then guess what? Unless you come right out and name specifics, nothing will even be considered. You can't just tell someone something is wrong and to fix it, without even alluding to what the problem is. Yes, some might yell and scream, but that is to be expected. If you came to my house stomping mud in my kitchen, eating my oreo's, I would yell and scream as well. BUT by posting via SimSecret, your losing credibility because we can only refer to you as "anon." Not to mention your pleas for change falls on deaf ears.

I would like to invite this member to either PM myself, or any member of staff if they don't feel comfortable bringing these issues to light in the open under an identifiable name. Why? Because it's easier to negotiate with a name. Wink Also because how do we know your not a butthurt member that got ripped a new one? How do we know that your honestly trying to improve the image?

Yes I have seen people on other sites rant about PMBD. My opinion, some of it could be valid. Opinions are just like assholes, everyone has one, and some are more stinky than others. So for someone to voice on another website about their dislike on PMBD doesn't mean that there aren't other who enjoy the phorum. Not to mention, with how hard the staff has to work, I feel the secret is a slap in the face. Even if you did clarify later on that you don't include all staff, to me the secret still includes everyone. So for those staffers who have fought the good fight, been there and done that, your pretty much saying that they are shitty now.

Finally, times change. Atmospheres of forums change constantly. New members join, old members leave. It's a never ending cycle. To pretty much say that the members now suck, and them prime was late 07/early 08 is very insulting to new members who have contributed a lot over the past couple of months. Or even the older members who have recently become more active.

Again, I know I am more than all ears for someone else's opinion. But I won't negotiate with an anon on mystery problems whom insults other members of the forum.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2009 October 04, 01:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone is People are taking this secret thing so seriously.  Why?  I'm not convinced this person is really from the phorum.  Granted, I've been here a very short time, but in my experience, people here have no problem voicing their disagreements with each other.  Debate and disagreement are allowed and encouraged and considered healthy.  Hasn't that always been the case here?  Complaining anonymously on a gossip site seems out of character for someone from here.  If the poster really is from here, but can't be bothered to discuss things openly, why even bother with them?  If they don't like how things are done, they can do things differently themselves, then show others what results they got.  Unless whoever it is comes forward, I'll continue to think they're just a shit-stirrer and maybe a fake too.

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2009 October 04, 01:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least none of you folks get the finger pointed towards you with the words, "YOU are the reason the cause is damaged, YOU are what's wrong with the freesite community and you suck!"
Eeeeek! Stop quoting my fight with BeosSuckItBoy! That hurts, painful memories and probably reason number 1 why I joined PMBD Embarrassed
Yes I'm giving him an awful name 'cause yes I hate that bastard. So those who want to say that I'm being evil go to a pink fluffy forum filled with love blinking smilies and when you're fed up come back here for some rum'n reality!

That secret is odd, poster is either blind or dumb. People are turning to TSR?! Hahahahaha. Moreover OP seems to has a personal peeve against Inge, which is even more odd. I mean we all know Inge's stand for years, we're used to it... So why the hater from an ex troll?! 'cause yes it seems OP was a major troll: misunderstanding everything that much is amazing. What more if OP hates us so deeply well good for us, one less troll to keep up with during weekends Tongue

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2009 October 04, 03:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yanno, the fact that this person is producing walls of commentary that they started themselves about their own secret and is practically live blogging the responses from here kinda makes me question the actual altruism of their mission.

It's been my experience that anonymity somewhat negates the point of attention whoring.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2009 October 04, 04:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd almost responded to it at simsecret, kenmtl, but then I realized that it displays many of the same characteristics as a particularly infamous phorum troll. The one that gets off on claiming that what she's doing is for the greater good, when in reality it's all about her knowing more than anyone else (and woe to those that don't heed her advice!). Whether or not it is that particular troll doesn't even matter, they both spew the same counter-productive bullshit and enjoy being in the spotlight way too much.

Done with that.
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2009 October 04, 04:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ignore it and it'll go away. Feed it and it'll hang around the back door forever...like some stray dog. An ugly, unlovable dog. With fleas. One eye. Half a tail. 3 legs. And warts.

*nothing against dogs, I love dogs actually. Smiley
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2009 October 04, 05:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People are taking this secret thing so seriously.  Why?  

I don't know why anyone ever pays any attention to anything at SimSecret, frankly. I mean seriously, is the phorum going to start rending its garments AGAIN because some cowardly brat whined about us? Obvious shitstirrer is obvious.

minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2009 October 04, 12:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with neriana. Since it's an anonymous sekrit, I think we ought to just consider it a farce and move on. If there was a name attached, then I might try to care a little.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2009 October 04, 13:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing about that secret, in the comments, I love that we got attacked because we don't go out and alert companies because we are afraid it will do more harm then good. So all of a sudden we are supposed to risk free sites getting shut down to be more credible than TSR? Thats some logic there.  Roll Eyes

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: