PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 01:16:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!  (Read 165167 times)
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: IN UR COMPUTER, VIRUSIN' UR FILES!
« Reply #135 on: 2009 August 02, 18:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kaspersky complaints too. Global trap. Intercepting all processes....

YES IT IS THE SAME MESSAGE THAT TREND MICRO SAYS, IT IS JUST SAYS IT IN OTHER WORDS

ISSUE CONFIRMED. MALWARE BEHAVIOUR CONFIRMED
« Last Edit: 2009 August 02, 20:22:11 by Nightmare » Logged

Die! Securom! Die!
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 August 02, 21:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my. I read "[...] is trying to intrude module into all processes by installing the total crap."
I was extremely busy these last days, I'm now busted and my eyes are playin' tricks on me. Eventhough they're right for that one Grin

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 August 02, 23:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you think that Pescado would care about retaining credibility? Tongue If stupid people are so stupid that they're fine with having a proven malicious entity install unknown junk on their computers, I say they deserve it.

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2009 August 03, 07:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nightmare; could you get a screenshot of just the A/V alerts in a higher resolution - I'm working on something Sekkrit and need the picts. Thanks for you input btw, I'm glad I could help. (Also, very smart of you to use a virtualization!)

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Nightmare
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2009 August 03, 09:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nightmare; could you get a screenshot of just the A/V alerts in a higher resolution - I'm working on something Sekkrit and need the picts. Thanks for you input btw, I'm glad I could help. (Also, very smart of you to use a virtualization!)

I have PM ed you a secret link that contains ALL warnings in high res. Including this one. If you want an specific cut say it.  Tongue

BTW virtualization is a must when testing dangerous ware

Die! Securom! Die!
MrsBulldog
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 August 03, 19:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have PM ed you a secret link that contains ALL warnings in high res. Including this one. If you want an specific cut say it.  Tongue

BTW virtualization is a must when testing dangerous ware

Could you also send it to me? I have a formal complaint pending and I would like to attach these links to it if it's okay. Thanks

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 August 03, 22:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has a new tool out now. TSR Merlin. It is the same thing as Delphy's install program, with the exception the TSR one also installs .sims3packs too, so you don't have to use the launcher. This is the info they posted about it:

We are very proud to announce the beta of TSR Merlin. This will soon be your best friend when it comes to Custom Content and The Sims 3.

This tool lets you quickly and easily install custom content, mods and other creations in both .sims3pack and .package formats for The Sims 3. You can just as easily uninstall the same content through Merlin's easy to use Download Management facility.

To make installation safer you have the option to view the content of a file before you install it, giving you complete control over what you install into your game.

Points of note:

* It's very fast. Installing/uninstalling a .sims3package file takes seconds instead of up to a minute with the Sims 3 Launcher.
    * Supports both Mac and PC. Since Merlin is written in Java it supports both platforms, making sure noone is left behind. You will need the latest framework of Java available here: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp.
    * Full preview of the content. You will see all contents of a package including images and every file included, making it easy to decide whether to install it into your game or not.
    * Keeping your downloads organized. With the Download Management facility you have full control over the content installed into your game.
    * On the first run the required framework for installing and using .package files is automatically completed, making sure all you need to worry about is what content to install or not.

Post beta feedback, questions and requests in our Merlin forums here: http://forums.thesimsresource.com/forumdisplay.php?f=690

Coming soon:

* Detailed information about installed content types, such as a Sim's traits, an object's behavior, a clothing type's age groups etc.
    * An icon in Downloads Management that indicates whether a file has been installed or not.
    * The possibility to install files using the right click option on a file.

Download the tool from here and read installation instructions here. Enjoy!

Credits: Jfade for development and Echo for letting us use her libraries.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 August 04, 02:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a bunch of horse shit to this gal, and it probably is. I don't trust them as far as I could throw a Cray computer.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 August 04, 02:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you trust them as far as you could throw a VAX though?

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 August 04, 02:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR... Sorry, we've had a Dr. Seuss day here, my son is hooked on it.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 August 04, 03:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR... Sorry, we've had a Dr. Seuss day here, my son is hooked on it.

Lol, I like that Paden, I'm stealing it for my sig. Smiley

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: 2009 August 04, 03:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy has already made a Sims3pack Installer.  Been available since...end of May.

http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3ToolsForum/index.php?topic=53.0

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 August 04, 06:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope everyone reading this thead also read the details in the PRISM thread as well.  Thoma$$ and Johan wrote replies.  Personally, I hope the code injection warning is just due to sloppy handling of the alt key on T$R's part and not anything deliberately malicious.  Waiting to see what Sblade makes of Johan's reply, and the new version of the TSR code.  Glad someone with lots more know-how than me is doing thorough testing.

What does global trap mean?  Is that a separate issue from the dll injection, or another name for it?

Nightmare
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2009 August 04, 10:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does global trap mean?  Is that a separate issue from the dll injection, or another name for it?

It is the same as the dll injection. As for the test. TSR latest version 6.4 is Neat & Clean. I think the warnings were due to a faulty programming. Donīt be so harsh with them. The TSR tool is a BETA, and beta state means bugs can happen.

The Global trap/hook/dll injection is DISABLED when you exit the TSR tool. So nothing out of the ordinary here.

Die! Securom! Die!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2009 August 04, 17:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!  I feel safer now!

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: