PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:03:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy  (Read 102415 times)
SimARR
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
« Reply #150 on: 2009 July 24, 09:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

7. If you find any infringement, please E-mail us: Peggysims2.net@hotmail.com

Your kidding right. She uses a hotmail account to run her site. Does she realise that it takes about 30 seconds to set up a example@peggyzone.net email address to redirect to a hotmail account and be able to send as that address from hotmail?
Axeleefe
ARR!

This Chair be high, Says I

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 July 24, 10:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Hotmail.com is commercial and can be accessed and used anywhere in the world. If it was @Hotmail.co.uk for example, we'd know she was in Britain.
lijahl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 July 24, 10:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of chinese 'businesses' just use their hotmail address to talk to customers. I dealt with one website in which the staff responded back to me through their personal hotmail account and even added me on MSN.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: 2009 July 24, 10:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there currently any posts about this on her forum, or all they all officially deleted?

Also keep in mind that most of the people who fund Peggy seem to be non-English speakers or spoiled little teenagers, so always remember to keep your rebuttals simple. I've been using the "Peggy is mean!" approach over the "Peggy's actions are illegal and unethical" approach. I mean, clearly anyone who has been a Peggy fan for more than five minutes is dumb or doesn't speak enough English to know what we're yelling at them.

ETA: Aww, I got IP banned. I was thinking about PMing her about this:

Quote from: Wes H
While the methods I use are my own "trade secret" the way the file is made leaves markings are irrefutable evidence she generated the final output of the two pay hair file I examined with my plugins. And the license terms very clearly prohibit commercial use.

She can claim she is using something else, and it may be true, to the extent she may be modelling with maya. But the final file was created with one of my plugins, or by code stolen from my plugins. Her rattling statements about insult, libel and attack are nothing but bluster and bravado. She is on the wrong side on this issue.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 24, 11:20:24 by Plum » Logged

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: 2009 July 24, 14:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For all the Peggy 12's that like anime hair - SAU is almost running and I would just embed links to Coris and Myos's site- they do very similar hairstyles without the gaps, funky weird meshing, poor textures, ugly colors, etc- all 100% free - and even though their current TS3 hair replaces the guys Mohawk it doesn't rely on shit you have to buy from the Store - and even if it did you are only paying once to a corporation who has the legal right (though probably not moral since they could easily include the shit in a SP/EP and charge less for it) to sell it in the first place

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 July 24, 16:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The recent SAU hair was causing people issues and also replaced another hair if I recall correctly. People need to chill out on the hair making for a bit until everything is figured out and there's proper tools and tutorials. HP has acces to some private tools Delphy hasn't released yet so that's why her stuff works and works well without replacing.

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 July 24, 16:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the hairs that replaces ingame hairs are extremelly buggy and make your game crash. Stay away from it, don't even look at it Cheesy
The only thing that work on existing EA hairs is alpha edits, there's one really nice on MATY that removes the pinapple thing (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15775.msg454129.html#msg454129)

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 July 24, 16:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well now!  Let's sick Peggy on Jassims and see what happens!

---------------------------------------------------------------

edit: Someone please tell me which EA Store hair is needed for Peggy Sims 3 hair to work.  And which Peggy hair?  All her Sims 3 hair?  If we tell the Sparkle Landers exactly how to make Peggy hair work, they'll do it, and then they'll know it's not independent.  She won't be able to lie to them anymore about that.  I don't have Sims 3 installed, can't check myself.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 24, 16:46:15 by CatOfWar » Logged

Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 July 24, 17:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the hairs that replaces ingame hairs are extremelly buggy and make your game crash. Stay away from it, don't even look at it Cheesy
The only thing that work on existing EA hairs is alpha edits, there's one really nice on MATY that removes the pinapple thing (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15775.msg454129.html#msg454129)

I wish someone would alpha edit some others, like raise the male shaggy bangs a bit so you can actually see their eyes and maybe make that sticking up hair a little less sticking up.

I tried but I clearly did something wrong because it crashed my game when I selected the hair I did with the alpha edit in the CAS. Tongue

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 July 24, 18:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too Motoki, clearly some EA choices for hairs details is awful. Ditto for your suggestions. Plus lowering the fringe for the female hair/making it longer, it's ridiculous as it is Roll Eyes *hint hint for all the alpha editers*

Strange. The pinapple edit works flawlessly for me, delete your caches.

CatOfWar, there's no way to know which store hair is needed for Peggy's shit. Try checking peggy's file with postal, the store hair name may be buried somewhere inside.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 July 24, 18:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too Motoki, clearly some EA choices for hairs details is awful. Ditto for your suggestions. Plus lowering the fringe for the female hair/making it longer, it's ridiculous as it is Roll Eyes

Strange, it works flawlessly for me, delete your caches.

No I meant I tried to do an alpha edit myself on the male shaggy hair and I did something wrong obviously because it crashed my game. Meh, I guess I could keep at it and try harder or ask around, but I wasn't in the mood at the time.  Tongue

I think 'delete your cache' is the Sims 3 community's catch all cure for all problems. It's like when people say defrag your hard drive for any and every computer problem under the sun.

I should try deleting my cache and seeing if it makes my bills go away irl.  Grin

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 July 24, 18:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PM the MATY alpha editer that made the pinapple thing, you could grab some advices or infos.

LOL true, 'delete your caches' is the number #1 voodoo solution for sims 3 crashing when adding new stuff. The thing is that it works most of the times Roll Eyes So why not? It won't hurt ya ^^

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 July 24, 18:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CatOfWar, there's no way to know which store hair is needed for Peggy's shit. Try checking peggy's file with postal, the store hair name may be buried somewhere inside.
Will try that.  However, can you confirm for sure that Peggy hair does indeed require Store hair, or it won't work?  I don't have the game and won't arr it.  That's my understanding, what I'm getting from Delphy's post on MTS and the MATY thread, but I don't have the game, so can't confirm this myself.  I've been running around PeggyZone screaming "Peggy's crap requires store hair!!!" (well, not in those exact words), but I want to make really sure.  This is what I've gleaned from user reports at PeggyZone (the ones that weren't deleted before I saw them).

- Peggy hair works if you have hacks (duh!)
- Peggy hair works if you don't have hacks (duh!)
- Peggy hair works if you have EA Store hair

What I *don't* see is reports that say "Peggy hair doesn't work if you don't have EA Store hair".  If that were posted, I'm sure the mods would nuke such posts, so someone from here or MATY or MTS needs to tell me.

edit: I can't spell.

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 July 24, 20:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's what Delphy & users at MATY reported. Delphy checked her hair & concluded to that, frankly I trust him for that. Anyway I cannot check since I have almost all the store hairs installed. It's gonna be hard finding someone who has sims 3 yet don't have any store hair to check. Sad

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 July 24, 20:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New info about this at MTS! (see post #119)  I asked Delphy to clarify what "doesn't work" means.  Doesn't show up at all?  Shows up but crashes?  Meanwhile, check out Delphy's latest learnings!

Quote from: Delphy
I used the package comparison tool I built into QADPE to compare one of Peggys free hair meshes to the particular store item it takes from. Here are the results:

* NUMBERS SNIPPED, GET THEM AT MTS *

Note that of 86 different chunks, only 16 differ, and these are primarily for textures (0x00B2D882) and Meshes (0x015A1849). She's not even bothered to change the mesh name (both are called afhairkhalil) and in a lot of cases, is using chunks directly from the store packages themselves.

So, in reality, this package file is 80% EA Store, and 20% Peggy.

Any claims this this works totally independantly of the Store hairs are bogus. There are still many links from the Texture Compositors and Visual Proxys to the pre-existing Store resources. This is why the hairs simply don't work properly unless you have this Store hair installed in your game. Nothing to do with "Hacks" - it's plain and simple reliant on the Store.

And this useful info from HP, tells you exactly *which* hair Peggy used.

Quote from: HP
Her files reference resources that come with this hair: http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...ck=categoryPage

And her hair files have the same internal mesh name as that hair.

She's distributing resources that come with that hair, too, btw, without making any changes to them.

I love MTS to bits.

----------------------------------------------

edit:
Quote from: Dr House
It's gonna be hard finding someone who has sims 3 yet don't have any store hair to check.
Can't you just temporarily remove the EA store hair, then put it back?  Or does Sims 3 not allow that?  Meh, I'm going to have to find a used copy of Sims 3 somewhere, so I don't have to keep bugging people to check stuff for me.  Stupid EA.  Stupid Peggy.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 24, 20:28:08 by CatOfWar » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: