PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 22:59:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Retail Sims
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retail Sims  (Read 101527 times)
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #60 on: 2006 November 04, 23:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's worked really hard on those new sets! *Stamping foot* Smiley

How much anyone want to bet she found the meshes on some dl site and just made them into packages. Thanks to Quaxi and SimPE, the FREE program, that is NOT hard to do....

She will get so antsy to have people admire her work she WILL put them up someplace.
Cyberdodo
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #61 on: 2006 November 05, 00:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*munches popcorn*

verytime a paysite is destroyed, God saves a kitten from the InTeenimater.  
Please, think of the kittens.  Pillage a paysite today!
BootStrapBill
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #62 on: 2006 November 05, 00:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, she and all the other paysite owners can take heart, because in a few more years this site will be toast and it won't matter anymore.  World's gonna end, dontcha know.  :p
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #63 on: 2006 November 05, 03:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "snadradeocconer"
so can she really put viruses on the site?

It doesn't work that way. Unlike some people, we're hosted on secure Unix servers, and Unix does not have virii. The ignorant like to bandy about how their hacker friends will get you. Those of us who actually know anything about how this works like to point and laugh at them.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #64 on: 2006 November 05, 06:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The following screenshots were taken in the Work-In-Progress stage.  Please visit each set's page for the final result screenshots.  And no, you can't download the files.

I think I may cry because I can't download that tacky candy cane bed.
How shall I go on with my life... :roll:

The bad news, for all of you, is that I may charge for some of the upcoming sets. I hate to do that but if it keeps me from having to leave the house for a job for a while I may have to resort to it.

To be honest I really don't care about her mental health seeing as how she's using it as an excuse to justify charging people.
I have my own damn prescription pills to pay for, not anyone elses.
And I pay for them by working at my crappy job for the crappy pay that I get.
Other than some "substantial mental scars" I see no reason why she can't do the same.
Hell, at my job we have people who come to work half drunk.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #65 on: 2006 November 05, 06:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, dramawhores like this should all be killed. Solve the overpopulation problem in one go.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #66 on: 2006 November 05, 06:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then who would entertain us with their self-righteous whining?
I say contaminate their drinking water so they can't reproduce.
Then there won't be any of their offspring starving from lack of "donation" money.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #67 on: 2006 November 05, 07:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
Ugh, dramawhores like this should all be killed. Solve the overpopulation problem in one go.

Give it about 10 years. Society will collapse into rioting and anarchy and only the survivalists will make it.

In other, unrelated news, Some "SimFreak" fellow on S2C in the BOO FRICKETY HOO thread seems to think we're claiming credit for the paysite booty...because yeah, stuffing them in directories named after their creators is so credit-claiming.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Chris
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #68 on: 2006 November 05, 08:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Retail sims closes on December 1st.
PMBD: 1
Sims Pay sites: 0

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #69 on: 2006 November 05, 10:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. If they go through with it, I have a special killmark to commemorate the occasion prepped.

Rovam
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #70 on: 2006 November 05, 11:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it involve starving babies in any way?  Shocked
Captain_kirst
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #71 on: 2006 November 05, 11:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The retail sims thread has just been locked http://forums.sims2community.com/showpost.php?p=649750&postcount=68
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #72 on: 2006 November 05, 12:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, I understand you don't like the giant paysites with huge amounts of pay items and only a few free. Because that IS close to ridiculous.

But why would you want to get a site that only has one or a few sets for a few dollars? Because that IS what EA/Maxis/whatever allows. And they obviously can't live of it.

I know, my site is completely free ad makes it on donation without selling anything, so it IS possible, but a few pay items ( a FEW, not hundreds), who'd care? I can believe it's for the bandwidth. and if their site is mainly free and the free items aren't sh*t, what's the problem...

(This does not have anything to do with the fact that her later reactions to it was a bit out of proportions anyway, but just that I noticed a few sites that only have a few pay items, like this one.)

Inactive
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #73 on: 2006 November 05, 12:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain_kirst"

Heh. Even if Delphy's claim that "game content and materials" refers to only what was contained in the game, there's STILL a problem with that: Every single object ever made is an existing EA object that has been cloned and modified. The only thing that truly consists of completely unique code not at all derived from anything EA in origin is certain small hacks created from scratch-hexing and SimPE. Everything else is built on parts that were, at some point, extracted and cloned from an EA part.

Quote from: "Nouk"
Guys, I understand you don't like the giant paysites with huge amounts of pay items and only a few free. Because that IS close to ridiculous.

But why would you want to get a site that only has one or a few sets for a few dollars? Because that IS what EA/Maxis/whatever allows. And they obviously can't live of it.

Because you have to draw the line somewhere. And if they're really supporting just their bandwidth on it, then the money one of us paid to get that item in the first place covers that bandwidth already. Since the items are hosted at our expense, not theirs, we therefore can only alleviate their bandwidth costs in doing so.

Also, all paysites look the same to me anyway. If someone has acquired this item and claims to be a paysite, my criteria for not yanking it consists of the inability to acquire it for free. I don't actually *USE* any of this stuff. It all looks the same to me. As far as I'm concerned, a paysite is a paysite. Perhaps this is a somewhat hard-line view of the matter, but I was never known for doing things in moderation.

Enelar
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #74 on: 2006 November 05, 12:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Point #1 - I have MH issues too but instead of fucking publically whining about it and pointing fingers and writing a huge OH NOES I'M LEAVING TEH INTARNETS 4EVER!!! BEG ME NOT TO!! post, I get up from my computer, turn the damn thing off and work on getting my head together instead. If that means I'm MIA from forums or sites, big fucking deal. The internet isn't that important.

Point #2 - No fan artists in ANY other fan community I know of are stupid enough to think they have the God-given right to make profit off someone else's copyright and some of them work ten times as hard as your average Sims creator because they love what they do. I am sick of this attitude that somehow if you create things for the Sims, you are entitled to cash when no other fan artist would be.

Point #3 - One down, more to go.

Kill fandom now, got it memorized?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: