PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:43:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Retail Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retail Sims  (Read 101521 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #390 on: 2006 December 06, 16:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just went more thoroughly through the hate mail section - particularly the one for HChangeri.

She threatens to do a John Galt, and after all, she is true to her word - the link she gave says this at the end.

Then Galt stops, looking off in the distance beyond the mountains.

"The road is cleared," he says. "We are going back to the world."

He raises his hand and, like a benediction, traces in space the sign of the dollar.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #391 on: 2006 December 07, 03:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ScurvyLass"
I paint and draw.  My paper, canvas, pencils, paints and brushes cost a lot of money.  I paint because I enjoy it.  If someone wants one of my paintings or drawings...they can have them.  I do it for personal enjoyment and don't act like I'm some long-suffering saint because I can make something that others may want.

She's an Ayn Randite. It's against her religion to do anything for anyone else unless she gets paid for it.

Evirus
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #392 on: 2006 December 07, 07:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*is amused*
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #393 on: 2006 December 07, 08:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"

She's an Ayn Randite. It's against her religion to do anything for anyone else unless she gets paid for it.

Ayn Rand would be somewhat unhappy with someone referring to her personal philosophy as a "religion" considering she was a staunch atheist. :roll:

But too bad for HChangeri that the nature of the internet itself doesn't lend itself to the capitalist framework, online businesses aside. Information, despite everything, is still free. Also, let's face it, only one person really needs to purchase something and since most people are fairly charitable they'll share it with their friends, who'll share it with others, which is why a lot of Sims "creators" have crack versions of Milkshape in the first place. And paysite owners are essentially profiting on the backs of others (namely, EA, since EA owns the package format), which is more or less what Ayn Rand was against in the first place. So yeah, she missed the point by a fucking mile. But, it's not like this woman ever presented herself as intelligent anyway.

I know I've ranted about this a bunch of times but stupid people FILL ME WITH RAGE and I needed a brain break anyway from writing these goddamned papers. Arghargharghkfdsk.
Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #394 on: 2006 December 07, 08:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And paysite owners are essentially profiting on the backs of others (namely, EA, since EA owns the package format), which is more or less what Ayn Rand was against in the first place. So yeah, she missed the point by a fucking mile. But, it's not like this woman ever presented herself as intelligent anyway.

Bingo!

Still, since enough people are willing to give blind and foolish support to this lunatic, they also will not figure out that she's blowing smoke.  I know a Cliff's Notes literati when I see one.  And apparently, she couldn't compehend those either.

God forbid they too start misquoting Atlas Shrugged without a clue.  I mean, "non-existent deity forbid."
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #395 on: 2006 December 07, 15:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pariland"

God forbid they too start misquoting Atlas Shrugged without a clue.  I mean, "non-existent deity forbid."

This probably isn't very far-fetched, though how one would go about doing so in this context... the thought causes me pain on a level I can't even comprehend.
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #396 on: 2006 December 07, 15:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Solution:

Start teaching our children that sharing is BAD, BAD, BAD, and the filesharing issue will be solved. Tongue

I'd love to see them try that one.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #397 on: 2006 December 07, 23:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"

Ayn Rand would be somewhat unhappy with someone referring to her personal philosophy as a "religion" considering she was a staunch atheist. :roll:

Ayn Rand set herself up as leader of her own cult, no matter what she called it. You don't need a god to have a religion.

Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #398 on: 2006 December 08, 03:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ayn Rand set herself up as leader of her own cult, no matter what she called it. You don't need a god to have a religion.

Oh, sure you do. She is the god.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #399 on: 2006 December 08, 22:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"

Oh, sure you do. She is the god.

I stand corrected.

Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #400 on: 2006 December 10, 18:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, until now, I didn't know she'd been on MTS2.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=74435

:roll:
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #401 on: 2006 December 10, 18:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused.  Is it John Gait or John Galt?
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #402 on: 2006 December 10, 18:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Galt.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #403 on: 2006 December 11, 01:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She thinks she's SO clever, for having read a book, doesn't she?

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #404 on: 2006 December 11, 01:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's funny oniella

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]