PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:16:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Retail Sims
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retail Sims  (Read 101609 times)
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #30 on: 2006 November 03, 22:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Simchic did and supposedly she wasn't even trying. Tongue

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #31 on: 2006 November 03, 23:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not going to comment on anything to do with HR's personality or anything like that, I've kind of decided to take a high road and try not to make things personal. Besides, I've had some contact with her before and she is a pretty nice person.

However, uhh... Okay. Having everyone band together and make an "everything pay" day would totally backfire. If that were to happen, people would realize exactly how bad the problem has gotten, and how much worse it can get. I seriously doubt making everything pay would make people stop sharing, if anything it would make them start. How much money do people have to keep shelling out before they realize that everyone is jumping on the "easy cash for sims content" bandwagon? I mean, how much does the community have to take before we won't take that crap anymore?

And Motoki touched on the most fundamental thing in my opinion. Game mods done by a community of game fans have always, with good reason, been free. The people who make mods have traditionally known that they own nothing that they are modding, it takes a great deal of work and creativity, but in the end they actually have rights to squat, and charging for it is anathema. You just don't charge for something you don't own. Somehow during TS1, the Sims community forgot about all that, and now it is an epidemic.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
siggylove
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #32 on: 2006 November 04, 17:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading through these posts, it seems clear that nobody actually gives a damn about this person's mental health issues.  However, she chose to communicate this with the members of her site and she obviously felt comfortable in telling them all about herself in this way.  It wasn't intended to be read on any other forums but as it ended up here it has now become more of an issue than perhaps it should.

I can empathise with her (and Motoki) having had experience with this myself, the difference being, I wouldn't air it publicly like that and go into any great detail, after all, we've all got our own problems to worry about and shit happens.

She can try and justify taking payments for her "creations" all she likes, and I just wish I could have seen Pescado's face when he read that she asked her husband to hack his site, I bet he was grinning behind that waggly beard.

'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotamy
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #33 on: 2006 November 04, 17:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I could have sworn I expressed exactly the same sentiments, Siggylove. So there are people here concerned with her MH. I just worded it all differently. Didn't I say the same things? Really, someone enlighten me if I am completely off here.
siggylove
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #34 on: 2006 November 04, 18:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sickpuppy"
Well, I could have sworn I expressed exactly the same sentiments, Siggylove. So there are people here concerned with her MH. I just worded it all differently. Didn't I say the same things? Really, someone enlighten me if I am completely off here.

Oh so that makes three of us, my apologies for not acknowledging your views.

'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotamy
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #35 on: 2006 November 04, 18:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why am I getting a Livejournal vibe? :roll:

Quote from: "shishmish"
I'm sure you all know the wonders of people pretending to be something they are on the internet (i.e the whole Donna from Eyecandy thing)

I did not hear of this. What happened?
Absolute
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #36 on: 2006 November 04, 18:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I gather, she pretended to be her brother and posted a message about her own death, I'm not to sure on how it was found out that it was a hoax.

quot;Well let me give you a quote from Colonel Sanders...."I am too drunk to taste this chicken.""
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #37 on: 2006 November 04, 18:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: siggylove

Oh so that makes three of us, my apologies for not acknowledging your views.

Oh good. I'm not crazy, I'm not..... :shock:
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #38 on: 2006 November 04, 19:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read that Donna has been constantly lying about everything in her life... if you want to read about her:

http://baratron.livejournal.com/431744.html
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #39 on: 2006 November 04, 20:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Goodness. Looks like SOMEONE had a visit from the dramallama...Why is it that people online seem to think that the only way to get people to like them, which really isn't all that anyway, seem to think the only way to do it is through getting their pity, rather than through any merits they might have...ANY?!

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
photo
ARR!

Ish a vampeah

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #40 on: 2006 November 04, 21:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was recently brought to my attention that a group of individuals have decided they have ultimate authority over all sims creators and web site owners.  This group has decided that anyone who creates content for The Sims 2 must distribute 100% of their content freely and failure to comply with this rule will result in "punishment."  Those who run websites that are subscription based or that offer donation sets (like I do) will and have had their content purchased and then redistributed freely by this group.  They distribute these files on a website hosted in a country known for fraudulent and criminal websites and that is outside US and EU laws.  These second-raters have not only stolen my donation sets but have stolen the content of nearly every paysite in existence.  The leader of the group told me that I should be more than willing to shell out my personal money for bandwidth (which he contents costs only $8 per month) and all other expenses related to object creation and distribution.  Failing that he will continue to steal and redistribute any content I or anyone else attempts to charge for.  My first reaction was the take my site to a 100% subscription format but then I would be subject to the arbitrary "punishment" of this group - unless I charge a very high subscription fee in which case my files would safe but no one would be willing to pay the fee I would have to charge to ensure their safety.  I did not start my own site to get rich or even supplement my income, that's why 99.9% of my content is free.  However, I will not have this group force me to do anything against my will and I will not play by their ridiculous rules.    

What this group evidently doesn't have the mentality to grasp is that there is a third option which I am going to exercise - I will merely pull a John Galt.   I am under no obligation to share anything I create with anyone.  I will NOT have a group of low-life second-raters dictate the terms under which I can distribute what is MY WORK, MY EFFORT, and MY CREATIVITY nor will I allow them to dictate how I choose to spend or not spend MY MONEY.  To this end, the contents of this website will be available only until December 1.  After that point ALL sets will be permanently removed.  I will delete all of my content from MTS2 and TSR.  I will not allow these people, or anyone like them, to hold my work or my website hostage.  I will continue to post pictures of my creations as I have no intention of halting all object creation on my end - I just will refuse any and all requests to share what I create.  I cannot trust that *anyone* out there is not apart of this group so I have assume that everyone is.  There is nothing more infuriating than to think that I may have sent a thank-you note to someone who donated only so they could steal my files.  

Creating for The Sims 2 was and is a hobby I enjoy and I will continue to create as I have done for over a year now.  I will make my meshes available on TurboSquid.com.  They will NOT be free or even cheap.  They will not be merged, sized, placed, UV Mapped or textured, for The Sims 2.  They will come with a requisite EULA agreement limiting the manner in which they are used and disseminated.  

If you are a site owner and/or content creator I highly recommend the same course of action.  Ignoring these people is the same as agreeing to abide by their rules.  I am not willing to do this.  

No one is entitled to anything in this world and nothing is free either.  

hehehe from the retail sims front page.... wow someones pissed.... lol

Is a female
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #41 on: 2006 November 04, 21:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, even though I'm not working for Pescado on this project any longer, I still find that paysite owners seem to think they're owed a lot more than they actually are.

So she takes down all of her creations?  And does she think she's winning then?  Umm not exactly, because it means she's no longer a paysite/donation site and thus Pescado wins.

He doesn't give a flying fuck if she doesn't create, he doesn't even use any of her stuff.

And if all sites followed the same course of action, well, then the paysites are destroyed and these sites have given Pescado exactly what he set out to accomplish.

And it didn't take too long either.

So then, considering Pescado is negotiating a deal for even more space (like 60x more), he'll just throw up all the free stuff from these sites too.

They really shouldn't let their anger get the best of them and just do it for the reasons they claim to do it - because they love it.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #42 on: 2006 November 04, 21:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, handbags at dawn!! And once more, the word STEAL is bandied about.  :roll:

Nonetheless, I MUST run and beg her to reconsider, and how wonderful her things are being and....waitno. Nevermind.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #43 on: 2006 November 04, 21:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with BlueSoup. I don't really see the point... but that's her decision.

I didn't download her stuff, so I don't care. It sucks for those who actually did though.

... maybe she's going to make a comeback. Under a different name. Who knows?
BootStrapBill
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #44 on: 2006 November 04, 21:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not all that impressed with her stuff anyway, personally.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: