PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:13:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Retail Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retail Sims  (Read 101582 times)
Nala
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #225 on: 2006 November 08, 07:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG the thread about Retailsims closing over at Simbella's is hilarious. Someone called *Melissa* posted this:

What I don't understand is why is it okay for JM to charge for Sims content, but not anybody else?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/

*cough*HYPOCRITE*cough

And all that talk about how pescado is a pervert.. oh and someone being disgusted because an admin said 'shit' on their precious little forum!  Cheesy
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #226 on: 2006 November 08, 11:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO! I'm sure for a while she felt really proud of her shattering argument too. That is, until someone let her in on the intricacies of "sarcasm"...

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #227 on: 2006 November 08, 12:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They seem to be dreadfully confused. First Pescado opens paysites, and now he created the Inteen?  :lol:

Oh, come out of under that rock, already!
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #228 on: 2006 November 09, 02:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She cleverly disguised her TRUE feelings by coughing. That's impressive.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
dr.philthy
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #229 on: 2006 November 09, 02:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It blows my mind how many of these doorknobs are coming out saying 'Oh well how can he charge for his sight than blah blah hypocrisy blah jerk blah' and it's like umm, didn't you ever notice that no matter what the front page says, you can dl every fucking file on there free?

Give 'er.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #230 on: 2006 November 09, 03:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well of course they didn't!! What, you think these people are the type to engage their brains and investigate a matter? It's pretty much a commentary on the state of the community that people see the front page, think 'oh, dude, it's an exorbitant paysite that I can't afford' and don't actually bat an eyelid at the fact of it, that in their minds, you're expected to pay $39.95 to access a site. To them, it's almost normal, it doesn't occur to them that there's anything amiss there. Because they never ever everevereverevereverevereverever EVER bother to think, and are so used to paysites being overpriced anyway.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
travellersside
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #231 on: 2006 November 09, 04:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the way I got onto the site involved a link I found to one of the files. I just worked from there. My assumption about the mainpage was that it was an intelligence test. i.e. If you were stupid enough to try to pay that much money to get in, you probably deserved to.
I didn't find out about it being a complete smokescreen until a while later, after which I quickly worked out an elaborate story to tell people, involving potential refunds based on their behaviour and perceived contribution to the morale of the community. Shame I never got to use it. Wink
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #232 on: 2006 November 09, 05:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember how I stumbled upon MATY.  I'm pretty sure I ended up there because of MTS2, and got to MTS2 because of GameFAQs.

I usually don't say much at all, so I can only surmise that I just took the time to read about the site and lurk a bit before joining after getting into the forum and, ahem, paying my subscription fee.  :wink:
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #233 on: 2006 November 09, 06:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nala"
OMG the thread about Retailsims closing over at Simbella's is hilarious. Someone called *Melissa* posted this:

What I don't understand is why is it okay for JM to charge for Sims content, but not anybody else?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/

*cough*HYPOCRITE*cough

And all that talk about how pescado is a pervert.. oh and someone being disgusted because an admin said 'shit' on their precious little forum!  Cheesy

Wow.  I can almost hear the gears sticking on that one.

For $40 Pescado would have to do alot more for me than give me hacks.  Maybe if he folded some laundry or shoveled my driveway I could see forking that kind of cash over.  

It honestly goes to show you how out of it they are.  I don't really know Pescado well outside of SFV, so I am not sure how he behaves on MATY, but I can't imagine it being much different.  Having, err debated with the lad on a number of topics, I have come to the conclusion that he is many things, none of which are perverted.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #234 on: 2006 November 09, 06:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what? I never knew how to access MATY forums from the frontpage, though I knew the exact url of the forums. XD I think it was pretty clear that the frontpage of MATY is a mock-up of paysites.

simplystella, it's "cute", isn't it? Hehe. I got it from kawaii_not @ LJ. Cheesy I love the icons there.

And GOSH, I'm happy the PMBD forums are back. I need my dose of gossips, you know!
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #235 on: 2006 November 09, 15:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"
Having, err debated with the lad on a number of topics, I have come to the conclusion that he is many things, none of which are perverted.

Yes, perverted comes very very low in the list of things I consider him to be...Frankly, Pescado + perverted is one of the scariest combinations of things my brain can conceive...

Also, have you notived, RetailSims, even in its emptiness, is S2C's Featured Site....

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #236 on: 2006 November 09, 17:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Also, have you notived, RetailSims, even in its emptiness, is S2C's Featured Site....

It's random. So, as long as it's not deleted, it will appear as a Featured Site. :roll:
Enelar
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #237 on: 2006 November 09, 17:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear the front page is a sheep test. If you don't get sarcasm, you are not awesome enough to d/l for free.

Kill fandom now, got it memorized?
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #238 on: 2006 November 09, 18:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "coliss"
Quote from: "jesserocket"

It's random. So, as long as it's not deleted, it will appear as a Featured Site. :roll:

Ahh...That's just silleh...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #239 on: 2006 November 09, 18:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On another hand, even if the probability is low (since it's set on random), people will get to know that RetailSims is now closed (if they've never heard of the website or if they rarely ever visit it). If her website dies, there might be a chance that they know about certain things about PMBD existing and such if the thread is a "Featured Site". Yup, yup. :lol:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: