PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:03:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New paysite opens (JB Sims)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New paysite opens (JB Sims)  (Read 13102 times)
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
Re: New paysite opens (JB Sims)
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 05, 22:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the purple dress is just a recolor of an all-about-style dress http://www.all-about-style.com/adult_fefor_2.html and the yellow is from Foomika http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=310606 . I guess the others are also stolen.

No- the purple dress is a recolor of a mesh..just as the one you linked to is a recolor of  a mesh. The site the mesh came from? Their policy is no paysites without getting permission first. Which I bet ole JB didn't do.

All the rest of it aside. The whole idea for the site is ridiculous anyway. JB plans on offering the oldest files for free after awhile? Ooooooook. Then anyone who wants them would be better off waiting.  Cheesy
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 05, 23:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mustluvcatz, look at the texture on the purple JB and the red All-About-Style dresses. They're identic, just different colors. The same with the yellow JB and red Foomika. Those are just crappy, hue/sat/colorize recolors of someone elses textures. Thus, he not only took meshes, but stole someone elses work and turned it into fug on the way.

This guy actually makes me wanna breakdown, he's not only dumb (a five year old covers his tracks better), but he can't use photoshop in the most basic stuff, anyone with any experience of graphic editing knows that just using hue/sat colorize adjustment, royally fucks up almost any texture.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 05, 23:19:41 by Lady Vader » Logged
RiotOnTheRooftop
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 05, 23:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RiotOnTheRooftop, where did you find the link?

I found a link on his YouTube page, I was horrified to see he started a paysite, and even more horrified at the content that people are expected to pay for. Shocked
Qing
ARR!

Kek

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 06, 02:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Know what's even scarier? If people actually buy his stuff. D:

JESUS CHRIST IT'S T$R! GET IN THE CAR!
siyko_narko
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 07, 03:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW! You know, if he was going to steal things from paysites just to resell them, he could have picked pretty things. Cheesy This is just too much. This crap would just take up space in the booty, I doubt anyone would touch it with a simulated 10 foot pole. My eyes have been raped. I feel so violated.
RiotOnTheRooftop
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 07, 23:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JB has posted an apology for using other people's textures on his website and has apparently removed those downloads. His site is also now 100% free.

I'm glad this paysite was a short lived one.  Grin
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 08, 00:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The free version must've been even shorter-lived? Clicking the original link brings up the page to sign up for your own website.

There was a comment on there yesterday chastising JB for having the purple dress on there. 2 comments actually, but one was from the creator of the dress..
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 08, 00:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JB has posted an apology for using other people's textures on his website and has apparently removed those downloads. His site is also now 100% free.
Wow that was fast! Grin

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 08, 00:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good news. Smiley  Nice to see that sometimes public disapproval of unethical (or maybe just ignorant) conduct can have an effect.  I would have sent a nice note thanking the site owner for going free, but his site went poof.  Too bad actually.  Not saying I'll miss the content on it, but creativity, making CC for the joy of it, and free sites are all to be encouraged.  Maybe the guy was only doing it for the money, didn't make any, so gave up?

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 08, 00:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

his site went poof.
And that was fast too! That guy is a winner for a triple award. Most expensive paysite, Shortest paysite state and Shortest site EVAR.
Carla Niven was more expensive... But Carla Niven is an exception, a virtual nature abnomaly. So it doesn't count.
I bet he'll come back with another paysite under another name. I really hope I'm wrong.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
RiotOnTheRooftop
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 08, 01:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most expensive paysite, Shortest paysite state and Shortest site EVAR.

The first two still apply but it looks like the third award will have to be rescinded since the site is seemingly back up now (at least for me?). The design is quite nice and I'm glad he saw the light. Smiley

I watch his YouTube videos and he seemed nice enough so it was a shock to know he was a paysiter. I did too a double take though when I saw the websites slogan. I thought it said 'Where The Creations Are Useless' but it actually says 'Were The Creation's Are Unless'.  Undecided
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 08, 02:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the site is seemingly back up now (at least for me?). The design is quite nice and I'm glad he saw the light. Smiley
Down for me.  Is it still the same url?  I tried googling jbsims2, can't find anything resembling a site.

mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 08, 02:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://jbsims.tk/

If you take the "donation" out of the first link, it takes you to the original site that has a link to his new one.
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 08, 03:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The preview of the swimsuit still has "Donation" in the pic Embarrassed There's still some things to fix. Oh well...
A paysite saw the light and became a freesite, Yay! *offers rum soaked popcorn*

Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 08, 04:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So he isn't a dummy brain-wise 12've. Good. In this case, I'm taking back the venom in the first comment. An occassion like this, is one of the times I actually like that my judgement was wrong  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: