PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 02:32:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!  (Read 86027 times)
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
Re: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
« Reply #135 on: 2009 April 09, 17:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As some one said earlier, I think he tries to "Americanize" is with the "c" instead of the "k" which is the legal way he spells it. If it were me, I'd spell it the way it should be spelled legally instead of trying to making it more "hip".

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Lilwen
ARR!

Dirty Fanny La Bouche

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 April 09, 17:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For one thing I don't think that Thomas is as stupid as some people would like to think, if he is misspelling his name, then he is doing it for a reason, what that reason is? Is anyone’s guess. Maybe so when we p & l at him then he can say "It is a fake, look even my name is spelt wrong".

Life! should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 April 09, 17:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he's a blathering/blithering idiot that doesn't even know how to wipe his own nose when he sneezes, too...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 April 09, 17:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to agree that he may want to make it seem more American. A fair amount of people who move to the US do that. When my great grandfather moved to the US and was old enough to change his last name, he changed it to make it more American-Italian, rather than just Italian.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 April 09, 17:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's lucky, when my great-grandparents came here, both sets, their last names got changed without their permission in order to sound more "American." What's wrong with Christiansen or Fredericksen? If Thomass were to immigrate here to the states, I know pretty much what he would be called. "Roadkill." Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
CowgirlJulius
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 April 09, 17:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahahahaha.  That was the worst "legal" letter I have ever read.  Whoever wrote it was trying very hard to sound like they know what they are talking about.  Next time they need to do a little research before they try to threaten someone.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 April 09, 18:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2: Thomas uses Isacsson on the site, because it looks more "Statesider " and the majority of his users do come from the USA, but his legal name is spelled Isaksson.  And yaknow, that was such a professional letter, he'd want to make sure to sign it with his 100% legal name.

That's most likely. I found a cached google page which refers to "Jan Isaakson" as a personal reference from TSR.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 April 09, 19:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2: Thomas uses Isacsson on the site, because it looks more "Statesider " and the majority of his users do come from the USA, but his legal name is spelled Isaksson.  And yaknow, that was such a professional letter, he'd want to make sure to sign it with his 100% legal name.

That's most likely. I found a cached google page which refers to "Jan Isaakson" as a personal reference from TSR.

That's what I figured too.  As much as I'd like to see TSR be stopped, I won't stoop to finding demons where there are none.  There is plenty of guilt for them, we don't need to find stuff where there isn't. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Emma
Goopy Lover
ARR!

All Pescados Suck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2009 April 09, 19:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That could be 'Johan'. My feelings are they are all the same guy. Is there such a thing as a 'professional schizophrenic'? Cheesy
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 2009 April 09, 20:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could just be Jan is short form of Johan.  And yeah, my mother's father's name was americanized - oddly, my fathers birth and adopted names weren't, but then they'd been here for a century or three.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
sleegee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 April 09, 20:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or Isakson (or whatever myriad of spellings there are) is just an assumed name.  Or maybe a professional name.  Maybe his real last name isn't that at all...but to be more appealing to the unwitting Sims fan, he uses something that's easy to pronounce...Just a thought

*goes back to lurking*
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 April 09, 21:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's real and the confusion is just from translational issues. It's hard to kiss EA's butt without being real.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 April 09, 21:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so he knows how to spell his own name.  It still doesn't explain why he can't spell his company's name.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Evanesce
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 April 09, 21:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can see while reading through that was "BAHHHH! DEY MEANIES! MAEK EM STOP!"

So many contradictions, misspellings, and lies. 

Also, I am sure many of us were against paysites and didn't need Pes to 'brainwash' us, as they so believe.  I hated paysites before I found this place, and ended up finding this place.  Not because I do not wish to pay for their items and want them for free (Because even if they were free, they would NOT find a place in my game, too icky) but because it is illegal to sell the content, and theft.
nihil
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 April 09, 22:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI - all of my PayPal receipts for my (now-canceled) subscription were to "AB Jan Isacsson".
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: