PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 09:17:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  NEVAR FORGET! BLUESOUP HAS FAILED US DAY 2009 COMING SOON!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NEVAR FORGET! BLUESOUP HAS FAILED US DAY 2009 COMING SOON!  (Read 44763 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: NEVAR FORGET! BLUESOUP HAS FAILED US DAY 2009 COMING SOON!
« Reply #75 on: 2009 March 18, 13:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh gosh Darqstar that was hilarious! I have always loved your comic book style of things.  Kiss

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 March 18, 14:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Pescado put a stop to this" frame made me start laughing out loud.  That and "the owner dealt with the techincal end".  Priceless.   My sim even looks pretty close-although I was tomato back then.  But that would be confusing. 

I totally forgot your alter ego!  As for your Sim looking a bit like you, I have seen pictures of you before.  Of course, I didn't have time to attempt to fine tune, but I could at least get hair color correct and glasses and such.  Thank you.  I'm glad you liked it.   Cheesy

And your comic book style storytelling cracks me up.  And inspires me.

Thank you!  Inspires?  Is this inspiration something to be shared here?  *looks hopeful*

Oh gosh Darqstar that was hilarious! I have always loved your comic book style of things.  Kiss

Thank you.  I never noticed until after I did the "Saga of the Magic Bed" that now "Icanhazcheezbuger" is allowing people to make lolcats with speech bubbles.  I just got the idea because 1: Old comic book fan, from back when Wolverine was supposed to be a 19 year old kid and his claws were part of his gloves and 2: Sims just seem to suggest comic book styles.  I'm actually surprised more people don't do stories with Sims that way. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 March 18, 16:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the time or energy to make screenshots look good and I hang my head in shame. *Hangs head in shame*. Is it just me or are all the girls wearing armywife hair?

With Pescado there with all those women he looks like some kind of Pirate Pimp with a ship full of salty wenches wearing ID t-shirts. The shot where they are all sitting cross legged together made me think of Charles Manson and his girls for some reason. I need to watch more wholesome television.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 March 18, 16:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the time or energy to make screenshots look good and I hang my head in shame. *Hangs head in shame*.

Print screen.  Honestly, it makes the best pictures.  Print screen, paste them in your favorite paint program (I use PSP7 myself, but many prefer Adobe or Gimp.  Gimp is absolutely free)  The camera in the Sims game is horrible, I never use it. 

Is it just me or are all the girls wearing armywife hair

Yes, they are.  I've noticed that the Maxis style that hair was based on is the most popular style for women to put on their Self Sim if they don't use custom content.  Oddly, it's a style I rarely see in real life. And usually, if there is an issue they say, "Well, my hair is longer, but this is close..."  Since the Army Wife hair is pretty much that style, longer, I figured it would be perfect and everyone could say, "Yes, that's MY hair!" 

With Pescado there with all those women he looks like some kind of Pirate Pimp with a ship full of salty wenches wearing ID t-shirts. The shot where they are all sitting cross legged together made me think of Charles Manson and his girls for some reason. I need to watch more wholesome television.

I did think of throwing in at least one other "Guy Pirate," but then decided that I wasn't too sure what a default "Self Sim" would look like for a male as much as I did for a female.  The naming Tshirts were just to identify the characters.  If they wouldn't have been so tiny, I would have had "Hello My Name Is" badges on them. 

My goal with the Pirates was to give a feeling of being somewhat different, but really quite alike.  The only people I had an idea of how they really looked was Paleoanth. 

And, since I brought up "Hello, My Name Is' badges, I was meeting someone for lunch at the Radison the other day.  There was some type of convention happening and I saw a lot of very well dressed men and women wearing those badges.

A woman wearing an expensive business suit walked by and on her "Hello My Name Is" tag  was written, "Left Tit."    I couldn't see if she had one on the right too.  But I had to choke down that laughter pretty quick. 

ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 March 18, 16:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that print screen would be better but I was too lazy to do more than think about it. I don't usually take pictures in game because I never really have an excuse to spread them around.

I love the "Left Tit" idea. I don't want to do it myself, but maybe I'll try to convince somebody else to do it sometime. I can just see people talking to this women and staring, pretending that they don't notice but still staring...
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 March 18, 17:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the "Left Tit" idea. I don't want to do it myself, but maybe I'll try to convince somebody else to do it sometime. I can just see people talking to this women and staring, pretending that they don't notice but still staring...

I think half the humor of the situation was that she was a very polished, very professional looking woman wearing a very expensive business suit and yet she had that on her nametag.  Having once done the whole "professional" circuit once in my life, I could really appreciate that flash of what I'm sure many of her fellow attendies though completely inappropriate behavior.  Yet, they do have a habit of slapping those stickers right on your boobs, or expecting you to put them there yourself. 

Lilwen
ARR!

Dirty Fanny La Bouche

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 March 18, 18:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar,I love the comic strip way of telling storys and you are right, it does suit the sims.

Is it just me or are all the girls wearing armywife hair

I quite like the fact that everyone has the same hair and t-shirts, after all we are all here for the same reason.

« Last Edit: 2009 March 18, 18:31:15 by Lilwen » Logged

Life! should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 March 18, 20:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, my hair used to look like that, but now it's more collar length. My husband saw that comic strip and laughed, he loved it. Of course, he wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't choked on my Sprite cause I was laughing and trying not to spray... Well done, loved it!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 March 18, 21:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent job there Darqstar. And everyone's so purdy. Ok well almost everyone. But still excellent.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 March 18, 22:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bravo, I loved it Darqstar. 

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 March 18, 22:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: kenmtl

What he said.

Quote from: Pooki

What she said.

-  Cheesy
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 March 18, 23:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: kenmtl

What he said.

Quote from: Pooki

What she said.

-  Cheesy

What they all said.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 March 19, 00:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, thank you everyone.  I really appreciate all your comments. 

Maybe I should work on the idea of the TSR Sim comic book... 

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 March 19, 00:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brilliant job! Cheesy

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2009 March 19, 00:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I should work on the idea of the TSR Sim comic book... 

I wanna be a superhero.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: