PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:44:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 190885 times)
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #555 on: 2009 March 20, 01:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Church Lady!

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2009 March 20, 01:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, isn't that spashul! Cheesy *sniff* old memories

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2009 March 20, 16:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Satan were a lawyer wouldn't his pitchfork be a security risk? I'd like to see a security guard try to confiscate it. "I'll hold your briefcase, Mr. Satan, while you go back through the metal detector."
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2009 March 20, 20:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a copy/paste of a post I just made on the BBS:

My petition has indeed been hacked - by who, I don't know.

It would not surprise me IN THE LEAST if TSR had hacked into my petition.  We all know they are fully capable of such a devious and dirty-handed trick, and they are the only ones, besides EA Games, who stand to lose from my petition being printed and mailed.

Under threat of the privacy of all signers being revealed here on the BBS, I've decided to close the petition to new signatures.  The five signers we've gained since the petition was re-opened were already deleted from my view, proving this "hacker" is still actively stalking the petition.  I don't want to compromise anyone's privacy, and most especially not to TSR, since I am well aware of what sort of damage they have no compunction whatsoever about causing.

Thank you to everyone who signed this petition.  As stated previously on the BBS and in various other forums, I will be printing and mailing my letter to Electronic Arts in Redwood City, CA.  I will be adding an addendum to my letter outlining the details of my hacked petition "adventures" and just how many signatures we received.  If you would like to do more, I urge you to do one of two things: 1) write your own letter and mail it to EA Games, or 2) Copy/paste my letter and mail it to EA Games.

Electronic Arts
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA  94065

Attn: Nancy Smith

The petition was re-opened to new signatures - I'm not sure how or even WHO reopened it, since I haven't received any email from the petitiononline people - but I closed it again.  I simply don't want to risk the privacy of anyone who signs.  It sucks, but I'll definitely be sure to emphasize this happening in my letter!
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2009 March 20, 20:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Blue Soup. I will be writing my own letter to add to yours. Thank you for the address as well.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2009 March 20, 20:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both the G4 and PennyArcade ideas are good, but has anyone volunteered to spearhead the effort?  We can all individually write to G4 and PenyArcade, I plan to, but I'm not sure how much that will accomplish.  Is anyone here a journalist or public relations person?  Does someone have experience putting together a press kit?  I don't.

BlueSoup, I hope you can uncover some incriminating evidence of hacking your petition.  It had 600 or so signatures before it got hacked, right?  To me, that's a lot, but I didn't think 600 would matter to anyone corporate.  Apparently it bothered them enough to hack.  Does that mean our voices matter, even in small numbers, or does it just mean TSR is ultra paranoid and extremely petty?

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2009 March 20, 21:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup, I hope you can uncover some incriminating evidence of hacking your petition.  It had 600 or so signatures before it got hacked, right?  To me, that's a lot, but I didn't think 600 would matter to anyone corporate.  Apparently it bothered them enough to hack.  Does that mean our voices matter, even in small numbers, or does it just mean TSR is ultra paranoid and extremely petty?

I have no idea what it means.  The entire thing is tiring.  I don't have the energy to fight like this anymore, for Sims shit.
Progriff
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2009 March 20, 21:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually just lurk but the more I hear about this crap the more pissed off I get! Giving their previous record and set precedents, I'd say that this definitely means TSR is ultra paranoid and extremely petty!  Its ridiculous that they have nothing better to do....don't they have lives for goodness sake?
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2009 March 20, 22:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both the G4 and PennyArcade ideas are good, but has anyone volunteered to spearhead the effort?  We can all individually write to G4 and PenyArcade, I plan to, but I'm not sure how much that will accomplish.  Is anyone here a journalist or public relations person?  Does someone have experience putting together a press kit?  I don't.

I know how to write a press release, but I don't have time to spearhead anything. Here's the thing: I don't think G4 would notice, and I bet Penny Arcade gets mail from kooks all the time. I think there would have to be more behind it that just PMBD, though coconut's journal helps.

First, what other gaming websites do y'all visit? Somethingawful would be good, if anyone's a regular there. Kotaku would be great. Also, gaming blogs, like http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/. We could use one big write-up of the history, something like the Duchess of Richmond did about the Harry Potter fanfic community and Ms. Scribe (http://www.journalfen.net/community/bad_penny/1074.html).

The Sims community isn't taken seriously in the wider gaming community, partly because we're mostly women, but also because most of us don't seem to interact a lot with everyone else, or play other games. The idea that EA is evil incarnate is going to get a big yawn, along with, "yeah, and also the earth revolves around the sun. Tell us something new." Plenty of people hate EA. If we can get concrete evidence of that "something new", as it ties into TSR, we could get somewhere.

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2009 March 20, 22:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somethingawful would probably jizz all over tsr happily if someone compiled info for them.  They love sick shit like what tsr and thomass has done and continue to do. 

Also, I think they love giving butthurt more than Pes.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: 2009 March 20, 22:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Minor point, but I just noticed that Drea's 'clarification' has disappeared from the stickied threads in General Discussion.

It's not been deleted, because I can still follow the direct link to it, but it ain't in the stickied section anymore.  And I just quickly scanned the first few pages of threads in GD and couldn't see it.

Could be important, might not.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2009 March 21, 03:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They could have felt that everyone who was going to see it has seen it and there is no use keeping it stickied anymore, but I really doubt that. It does seem odd it was let drift down pages already. I mean, it hasn't even been a month yet since it was posted.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2009 March 21, 03:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes me happypants that my thread is back on the front page and their "clarification" isn't.
Mr Pew
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2009 March 21, 06:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The very fact that someone went to the trouble to hack the petition with only 600 signatures on it is proof that it's hitting very close to home. One can only imagine the reaction to 30,60, or even 100,000 signatures.
As for the email addresses in the petition, well my email address is there.Ea games don't count, they banned me, so that leaves TSR and I would be only to happy to trade insults with that scum.
If the purpose of the hack is to gain access to my PC. in order to see who i am and how much of their custom content I have, well fuck me all they have to do is ask.
Just what are those idiots gonna do? take me to court.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2009 March 21, 11:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the only definite proof is if Thomas does his usual and blabs on his own forum " no we did not hack the petition..... well we did erase some names... but it was only five... honest."  Till then it's a mystery.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 21, 11:08:39 by justso » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: