PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:53:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 190887 times)
Tempest Limmerfer
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #180 on: 2009 March 04, 05:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, ass cancer to pirates, their associates, their hired help, the people who like pirate movies, those who are related to anyone who was ever a pirate, those who have dressed as a pirate, and anyone who says "arr".
Got it. what about those who read the posts? What about anyone who might have talked to a pirate once? It would be nice to know who all is covered by the mean words.

Pretty crude and angry over a game. If someone is that concerned that they wish cancer on someone, I can do a work-in for some therapy. I have 15 minutes on Wednesday next week.

www.limmerfer.com
proudly hosting designs by : Nii

EA Games: Welcome to Pixel Hell, Bitches! (Snarky)
sleegee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 March 04, 05:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think i follow the sentiments of most people here when I say that BBB can go fuck himself over and over again.  My grandfather died because of rectal cancer 10 years ago and I only hope that BBB gets the same and that it is as slow and painful as it was for my grandfather...complete with catheter...fucking man-twat!
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 March 04, 06:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think i follow the sentiments of most people here when I say that BBB can go fuck himself over and over again.

You might want to rethink that "punishment", sleegee, - Cheesy - I'll wager that he's all ready fucked himself over and over again at least twice today.

edit - Thanks for the signature, Beos. But not really.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 04, 07:07:44 by SnarkyShark » Logged
Sarahsuke
Landlubber

INFJ - The S is for Sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 2009 March 04, 07:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BBB claims that he's stopped giving a shit about what people think of him, and yet he moderates the comments in his blog. Roll Eyes
giggy
ARR!

Stompable giggy is stompable - ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 March 04, 07:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BBB claims that he's stopped giving a shit about what people think of him, and yet he moderates the comments in his blog. Roll Eyes

I think maybe he's just a spoiled 36 year old brat and doesn't care what others think of him (Just as long as everyone agrees with him). If he whines about CC and why it's not fair that people are allowed to take his stuff then he's just an example of a person that has no life whatsoever (His excuse for that Ass Cancer comment was a reference to South Park. Phft! Yeah fucking right).

For crying out loud, get a real job and grow the fuck up BBB, you're embarrassing yourself.

Edit: Corrected. Thanks Missbonbon. However now I can't stop laughing from that sentence.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 04, 07:47:44 by giggy » Logged

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
I don't really understand this concept at all.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 March 04, 07:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if it were confirmed that anyone could ask for that damn tanning bed without a donation, I'd say ditch it.  Regardless of what Numenor may or may not think about us, if its available for free, its not a pay file anymore.

That statement had me curious so I went digging around on Numenor's site and found a pretty interesting quote.

Do you think that in order to have some of my "private" creations you *MUST* pay? Well, ask to the many people that got my donation gifts for free; and I'm NOT talking about my friends, but about people that kindly asked for them, because they couldn't afford a donation, or didn't have a credit card, or just were doubtful about the quality of my tanning bed (some promised a donation, if they liked the object, and then never donated...).

I don't really see the need for the last snippet. If they didn't pay, so what? If it is a "gift" that he calls it on his website, then he shouldn't need money for it. It annoys me when people try to cover up being a paysite with the word "gift." Gifts to me are like the bed Cala made me. I didn't pay her for it, but she made it as a gift.

Secondly, you don't *need* to pay. Of course, I'm not giving it to anyone who asks for it; but nevertheless there are a lot of people that - for various reason - got my Tanning Bed, or my Numenorean Phone or other "private" objects for free. A gift is a gift, and I give it to anyone I like; and if someone feels bad because he isn't eligible for receiving a gift from me, then he should think that we can't have everything, in this world, and this has nothing to do with pay content.

This really bugged me though. Basically says "Oh I will give away my tanning bed! But only if I like you!" Not to mention just reading over his website, it seems to me like his idea of a gift vs. product seems to be skewed.

I think maybe he's just a spoiled 36 something year old brat and doesn't care what others think of him (Just as long as everyone agrees with him). If he whines about CC and why it's not fair that people are allowed to take his stuff then he's just an example of a person that has no life whatsoever (His excuse for that Ass Cancer comment was a reference to South Park. Phft! Yeah fucking right).

For crying out loud, get a real job and grow the fuck up BBB, you're embarrassing yourself.

Bolded the fixed part.  Tongue

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 March 04, 07:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for taking a BBS mod's word - well, that's sorta like SMBurpie, whose abusive and absolutely wrong SecuRom advice I screenshotted at the time and sent along to the SecuRom class action people.

Unfortunately, SimMasterBurpie was only following orders given her by the Maxoids.  And when it blew up, they threw her under the bus as a sacrifice.  She's a very good friend of mine and she was not happy about any of it.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: 2009 March 04, 08:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gifts to me are like the bed Cala made me. I didn't pay her for it, but she made it as a gift.

You mean you might pay me? *tents fingers evilly.

As for taking a BBS mod's word - well, that's sorta like SMBurpie, whose abusive and absolutely wrong SecuRom advice I screenshotted at the time and sent along to the SecuRom class action people.

Unfortunately, SimMasterBurpie was only following orders given her by the Maxoids.  And when it blew up, they threw her under the bus as a sacrifice.  She's a very good friend of mine and she was not happy about any of it.

The point still stands that SMs are not untouchable - nor are BBS mods.  Having been one of the well behaved people who was generally threatened with a ban for mentioning my SecuRom problems, I don't agree, and have screenshot evidence of her post where she said the *exact* opposite - that she wasn't in fact towing a company line:

Can't have it both ways.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009 March 04, 08:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point still stands that SMs are not untouchable - nor are BBS mods.  Having been one of the well behaved people who was generally threatened with a ban for mentioning my SecuRom problems, I don't agree, and have screenshot evidence of her post where she said the *exact* opposite - that she wasn't in fact towing a company line:

Can't have it both ways.

She has had a lot of fucked-up opinions in the past, which I have disabused her of, but I know for a fact she was indeed toeing the company line with the SecuRom shit.  She got caught up in it, not knowing anything about technical stuff, and purely echoing what EAxis told her to say.  She came off looking stupid, but believe me, she was merely parroting what she was told.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 March 04, 08:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I pay you with kittehs?  Tongue

Someone at GOS made me look an notice Beos edit to his article:

* for those of you reading this and whom are unfamiliar with the cable television programme South Park, the mythical “ass cancer” originates from the premiere episode “Cartman Gets an Anal Probe”, which was first broadcast 13 August 1997. As far as I know, the only known cause of “ass cancer” is having a rather cumbersome and elaborate rectal probe inserted during a UFO abduction.

Yeah nice cover up. Trying to blame your offensive comment on tv. Sheesh. I'm guessing since he made the edit to his article he must be getting a lot of hate comments on his end about it.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 04, 08:56:22 by Missbonbon » Logged

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: 2009 March 04, 09:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but I know for a fact she was indeed toeing the company line with the SecuRom shit. 

I provided the screenshot for my assertion, my very own pictorial fact of my exact recollections, which match what she said at the time. So I don't intend to suddenly act like that wasn't what she said, no matter how many revisions are now made to the public statement she made to everyone. 

Can I pay you with kittehs?  Tongue

Happily. Cheesy

I'm guessing since he made the edit to his article he must be getting a lot of hate comments on his end about it.

Perhaps in his selfish mind somewhere the realisation came that other people might have bigger problems with his statement, like say, having actual cancer. Looks scrambled to me, but he's never failed to sink to as many lows as he can in the past.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 March 04, 09:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I provided the screenshot for my assertion, my very own pictorial fact of my exact recollections, which match what she said at the time. So I don't intend to suddenly act like that wasn't what she said, no matter how many revisions are now made to the public statement she made to everyone. 

I don't intend you to.  Nor is she making a statement now, this is what *I* am saying.  I have no doubt she said that at the time, and she may have even believed it.  After all, EA did put that information together for her.

I'm just saying, the SimMasters (all of them) were not in the wrong there, EA was pulling at their puppet strings the entire time.

I think I've said all I need or want to say on this.
dragonballz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 March 04, 09:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one will not be buying TS3 due to a raging and sudden case of ass-cancer. Thanks BBB for bringing the term "butt-hurt" into a whole new light.  Undecided
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2009 March 04, 10:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good morning.  Grin Wow, sleep does you good, doesn't it?

Hope you all won't be terribly angry if I jump back a page or two. Because frankly, if you want to talk about logic, then there is some logic here that I don't understand. I mean, now Numenor is a class A fuckwit because he didn’t tell Beos that the cancer comment was out of order?  Huh What kind of logic is that? Definitely one where pretty much most of us here are class A fuckwits because we didn’t post that either on Beos’ blog. Besides – just for the sake of argument – how do you know that Numenor didn’t write that in his post, but that Beos edited it out. Come on, guys.

Two years later, Numenor heartily agrees with a sentiment of a very adamant paycreator that all pirates are now wrong, even though the EULA has not changed, and that we should also all get asscancer.

Uhm, no. And I think several people are making that mistake. Numenor did NOT say anything about ass cancer. Only Beos did that. What Numenor did was say ‘FUCK YOU’ to all pirates. I'd say that's an entirely different kind of comment.

Maybe I also need to point out that I’m not defending Beos. I fully agree that that comment was absolutely uncalled for. But Beos’ wrong-doing doesn’t make Numenor guilty. I completely fail to see how Beos and Numenor can have any resemblance to Bonnie and Clyde. What’s the connection between them? Do they have the same kind of personality? Most certainly not. If anything Beos has much more likeness with Pescado.

(And speaking about Pes, just as a sidenote, funny how it is fine for him to for instance say to a newborn mother (not me) and her child that they both need to die horribly and painfully, whereas Numenor can’t say ‘fuck you’ without getting his head chopped off. Double-standards anyone?)

I guess what I'm trying to say is let's just lay off Numenor a little, okay. He's angry at pirates, and personally I understand why he's peeved. Apparantly some people are offended by his anger, but honestly, cut him some slack. We all owe him, and on that account I think we can spare some slack-cutting.

Missbonbon, please go back and read my original post – the one you replied to. I am not talking about CEP, but SimPE. For the simple reason that there were false claims going around that the creators of SimPE did not allow pay objects to be made with their tool. So far I have seen nothing to back up those claims. So until there is a statement on the SimPE site or an equally ‘official’ place can we please all stick to facts and refrain from creating that rumour.

Oh, and this --->  Grin

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 March 04, 10:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(And speaking about Pes, just as a sidenote, funny how it is fine for him to for instance say to a newborn mother (not me) and her child that they both need to die horribly and painfully, whereas Numenor can’t say ‘fuck you’ without getting his head chopped off. Double-standards anyone?)
Well, there's a point to be had that Numenor claims to be a good guy, whereas I claim to be a shameless asshole that neither expects nor deserves sympathy. This takes the bite out of any attack against me right there: If I do a jerkass thing, what are you going to say about it, that I'm a real jerk? I think that this is already an established point. Besides, you agree with me. And that's what really matters. Don't pretend it doesn't.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: