PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 08:55:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 597838 times)
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #1785 on: 2009 August 27, 01:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks bunches, Paden, for the link to the computer. How'd I miss that all this time?  Huh

The one who angers you, controls you.
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: 2009 August 30, 09:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adele posted a new bathroom set  Grin  http://adelevk.com/sims/?page=objects

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: 2009 August 30, 13:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adele's stuff is gorgeous unfortunately that set is very high in polys...87.3 MB.WOW!!

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: 2009 August 30, 13:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adele's stuff is gorgeous unfortunately that set is very high in polys...87.3 MB.WOW!!

Actually the polys are ok its just the file sizes of the sink colours which are huge. 15MB of alternative sink colours, to be precise, out of a total 20MB for the entire set. I dont know why she says its 87.3MB, according to my laptop its 8.3MB..

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: 2009 August 30, 17:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get 8.3 MB for the whole shebang, too. The extra "7" must have just been a keyboard slip. So, go ahead and download it. It's Adele, for God's sake! *does happy dance*

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1790 on: 2009 August 30, 19:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it is rarely the poly count that create large files. It's the size and detail of the texture map that makes the biggest difference. A 512 x 512 complex and colourful texture map can make a package file 3, 4 or even 10 times as big as a 256 x 256 simple black and white texture map. Adele's textures are very detailed and I'm guessing she's using rather big texture maps, which is why those sink recolors get that big.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1791 on: 2009 August 30, 19:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that candle last week...it is the most adorable thing!  I had kept the testing one until she released the set.  Wink  I'm greedy that way.

Regarding the size though, maybe they can be compressed and wont' be so big.  I haven't looked yet to see if they are, but her textures are nothing short of amazing, IMO.  Maybe she didn't compress, some people have crashing issues with files compressed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: 2009 August 30, 20:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded it, and, no, she didn't compress. The files named 'Adele_opheliaSet_alt1' through 'alt9' (which I'm assuming are the sink recolors) went from 1711 [KB] to between 858 and 902. The sink mesh itself went from 1954 to 985. The rest of the files are relatively small, but they all went down some, too. All in all, I'd say those are numbers that I wouldn't be afraid to put in my overly-crowded DL folder. Wink
Booty stuff is not compressed, and this is because it does change files and sometimes they don't work for some people or have problems being recolored, etc. I think it's better, anyway, to have the file whole and intact and let the downloader decide what to do with it from there.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: 2009 August 30, 21:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I've been waiting for,  a vaulted ceiling set - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=366443
putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: 2009 August 30, 23:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After your comments I went back to check and  she changed it...it was a typo, it's 8.73MB.
What a relieve! Smiley

Those ceilings look fantastic!

paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1795 on: 2009 August 30, 23:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm not asposed to download anymore stuff, but I must have anything and everything that Adele makes. I've been waiting for her to make a bathroom. Now all I need is a kitchen by Adele and I can build a house decorated entirely with her stuff. SQUEEEE! Grin

My Deviant artwork here.
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: 2009 August 31, 03:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded it, and, no, she didn't compress. The files named 'Adele_opheliaSet_alt1' through 'alt9' (which I'm assuming are the sink recolors) went from 1711 [KB] to between 858 and 902. The sink mesh itself went from 1954 to 985. The rest of the files are relatively small, but they all went down some, too. All in all, I'd say those are numbers that I wouldn't be afraid to put in my overly-crowded DL folder. Wink
Booty stuff is not compressed, and this is because it does change files and sometimes they don't work for some people or have problems being recolored, etc. I think it's better, anyway, to have the file whole and intact and let the downloader decide what to do with it from there.

You're talking about using the Compressorizer, right? I remember reading somewhere (maybe here, I dunno, I go lots of places) that sometimes compressing the mesh file fubars things, but compressing any recolors is no problem. I never had a problem that I was aware of, but better safe than sorry. So, since reading that, I make sure to separate out any mesh files and only run recolors through the Compressorizer.

It does astonish me how much smaller the files get. It doesn't make load times any shorter, sadly, but it does save considerable hard drive space, which is at quite a premium for me these days.

Anyway, I'd make room for Adele no matter what! She is a goddess. Or an alien or something. She's not of this world.

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: 2009 August 31, 08:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moune's put up a new bathroom:

http://mounes-neighbourhood.110mb.com/

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1798 on: 2009 August 31, 10:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love both the new bathrooms! Yay for Moune and Adele updates!

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: 2009 August 31, 15:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who are sticking with TS2 but have been oogling over some of the TS3 items, the new update at Clutter-a-holic is a must.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: