PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 21:40:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 598063 times)
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #1740 on: 2009 August 21, 15:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Echo has one, super easy. The only option is to open and extract.  I don't know where it went now that Simlogical is down.  I uploaded to file factory, I think she would be ok with it?

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah26bfb/n/PackExtractor_rar

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: 2009 August 21, 17:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF happened to SimLogical?

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1742 on: 2009 August 21, 19:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry  I shouldn't have said simlogical, I should have said Sims3Tools.  Now that all the tools have been moved to MTS, they took that forum down.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Veles
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: 2009 August 21, 19:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard that geneticized skins are bad (if you decide to pull them out after some time of playing with them), but if this is the result, I might forget about the warnings. I wanna alien burglars, and alien maids, and alien everything in my game!

This is actually possible without geneticized skins, I think. Somewhere out there there is a hack that allows your NPCs to spawn as Creatures. Like Zombie Maid. Not sure what exactly the hack entails - I'm still trying to find it - but I think it should be possible to have alien NPCs/Townies, and they of course will use the default alien skin. My default currently is FantasyRogue's green Canvas one, so that would be pretty awesome. Crap. Now I have to find that mod! Cheesy

Oh, thanks for the tip. I've never heard of such hack before. I must look for it. On default skins - I have so many downloaded and switch them all the time. I wish there's an option for multiple replacements. The ones that you linked to are simply gorgeous.

lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: 2009 August 21, 20:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody really needs to make a simple program to extract a sims3pack to package without some fancy pants installer asking you a bunch of questions. I know Delphy has his sims3pack installer thing so maybe try that one out.

Once you get it to a package it's super easy to compress, just drop it on the s3rc.exe file from Pescado's site and that's it.

I tried, I failed on the compression part. I did everything you said, made my package, renamed it, dragged over the s3rc.exe put into the Mods/Packages folder, started game.  No show. Had the bright idea to try CTU, the compressed files showed as original meshes, but the whole body was the textures, head to shoes. I laughed so hard.

Delphy's multi-installer made the package files, but naming them would be a  mess if I had a batch to do. Compressed a copy of the packages with s3rc.exe, turned on the game, no show.
Deleted those compressed files and moved the original .package files extracted by the multi-installer and they showed up in the game. I guess I can only keep the original size after all. I must be doing something wrong. Bummer.

At least I have .package files now. Yay.

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: 2009 August 21, 22:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be sure to have the latest version of s3rc. I'm myself testing what can be sompressed, 'til now it's approximately 90%. And when you compress stuff be sure to delete the caches to force the game to see them. I often made the mistake of forgetting to do that and it wouldn't show until I did.
About the multipack extrator, Delphy will correct the renaming feature right after the CTU update is done. So all look out for these 2 tools updates. Will test the pack extractor, 'love tools Tongue

Thanks about exoticelements, didn't know she was doing stuff for sims3. That's awesome!

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: 2009 August 22, 00:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry  I shouldn't have said simlogical, I should have said Sims3Tools.  Now that all the tools have been moved to MTS, they took that forum down.

Ok, panic averted.   Smiley

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: 2009 August 22, 06:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, I would hate Inge's place to go down Tongue

I tested the pack extractor uploaded by HL: very useful! It extracts where you want (no double install in the downloads folder and no extra clicks anywhere) and lets you rename the package. I'll keep on using it Cheesy I should have grabbed it when I saw it a looong time ago but I was only discovering all the tools and was a bit lost. Ah shit I would have saved time with that thing. I don't know if it can handle mulitpacked files but hell it's really nifty.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: 2009 August 23, 16:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Semi invisible parking space: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=365570

Instead of that bar, its now a simple little white line. The creator had made it 100% invisible, only problem with that, you can place it, you just can never pick it up, so he settled on just a simple line.

And Mango sims has a bedroom set up now:

http://mangosims2.free.fr/s3-sets1.htm

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: 2009 August 23, 16:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The set has a bed. I wonder if the covers are animated.

EDIT: FP posted a new gorgeous car that has the lights working! It appears the lights problem was because he was cloning a car that had no lights Tongue http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=365943
« Last Edit: 2009 August 23, 17:05:03 by Dr House » Logged

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: 2009 August 23, 23:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude is doing great work and I luv how enthusiastic he is in his descriptions. He makes me laugh. MOAR CARS!.

Dr. House I'm using that bed now. I'll let you know.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1751 on: 2009 August 23, 23:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay while Kenmtl is sleeping in Mango's Bed (Kenmtl's Sim rather) I can tell you the bloody Bugatti looks fantastic in game. Also Exotic Elements remade part of their Traditional Living Set including my favorite chair for TS3 -http://www.exoticelements.org/

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: 2009 August 23, 23:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The creators are coming along with great stuff for TS3. Hmm, doing great with "free modding tools".

It has been a few months since I played TS2, but the chairs have a Suza style from "SimplyStyling".  I don't remember Mango having those chairs, but they are very nice looking at pictures.

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1753 on: 2009 August 24, 02:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack.  I keep clicking on links of nifty looking stuff only to find it's sims 3.  At least the pudding faces help me figure it out for Body Shop stuff.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: 2009 August 24, 04:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack.  I keep clicking on links of nifty looking stuff only to find it's sims 3.  At least the pudding faces help me figure it out for Body Shop stuff.

You know, it's funny because I have seen many screenshots of the Sims 3 look like the Sims 2, especially in lower settings.  Someone posted a series of pictures on MATY and I couldn't tell which game it was.   Cheesy  It turned out to be Sims 3 pictures.

ETA:  Aren't both games built on the same engine or am I losing it?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 24, 04:25:00 by missangelica » Logged

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: