PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:45:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 597408 times)
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #1455 on: 2009 July 10, 19:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this link has been posted yet: Adele's site I couldn't find it in search. If it's a dupe I apologize.

Screw Sims 3 when there's awesome content like Adele's out there for good ol' Sims 2.

P.S. BTW every single thing has a mesh available for both adults and teens!

Agreed. My teens haven't worn much other than Adele, Bruno and Club Crimsyn in ages (nor have I felt the need to dress them in anything else).
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: 2009 July 10, 23:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been bored and going through my bookmarks, doing a little stalking, all that good stuff... Undecided But look at teh pretties! Grin
New Hair retextures from Yuxi
Mirror recolors from Nocturnal Sims
Cardigans by Amaryll
Skinny Jeans by Bunnylita
Those H&M tops made dresses that dustinger put on MTS...
...now have teen versions to match!
Cute posters by Alleliua
Equally adorable Tees for the ladies by kaputt_geliebt
Sims3 Posters for Sims2 by Simgaroop

And speaking of three:
All About Style is making Sims 3 content...
Good news for those with TS3, not so good for those sticking to TS2 (aka me Cry)

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: 2009 July 11, 02:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good news for those with TS3, not so good for those sticking to TS2 (aka me Cry)

I remember how that was about 5 years ago with Sims 1. I didn't get Sims 2 until Uni came out (I went to the store to get Sims 2, I didn't even know that was the day Uni came out, go I bought both).

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 2009 July 11, 02:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I figure I'll get it eventually, but I'm trying to put that off as long as humanly possible. Till, like, never. So I'm trying to stay away from places I know will have nice pictures of new Sims or really pretty patterns. Basically, AweSims. Also, no pictures where they show the neighborhood zoomed out. Damn that horribly beautiful view and its stupid despicable gorgeous breathtakeyness.

El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: 2009 July 11, 03:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I figure I'll get it eventually, but I'm trying to put that off as long as humanly possible. Till, like, never. So I'm trying to stay away from places I know will have nice pictures of new Sims or really pretty patterns. Basically, AweSims. Also, no pictures where they show the neighborhood zoomed out. Damn that horribly beautiful view and its stupid despicable gorgeous breathtakeyness.

Nothing says you can't play both. I'm enjoying playing around with Sims 3 but it gets boring, fast. Maybe when the community figures out how to create meshes and the ball really gets rolling, it will be more fun, but EAxis has made it so absurdly difficult to mod/mesh for the game that I just can't see it reaching the heights Sims 2 has. Plus, it's difficult to create an immersive non-21st century world when every Sim can pull a cell phone out of their ass. AAS may be creating content for Sims 3 but without new meshing capabilities, their gorgeous Regency, Victorian and Edwardian-era clothing will still be the mainstay of my Sims world, and that means Sims 2.

There are pluses to Sims 3 but I just keep wishing I could play Sims 2 with the new features. Would it have been so damn difficult for them to just incorporate the Sims 3 features into the existing Sims 2 structure? At least the ability to mesh and mod, and keep using all the thousands of downloads I already have. Even if they couldn't be recolored like the new stuff, at least to be able to use them in my game would have made all the difference in the world.

But yeah, you're right about the breathtaking views.

The one who angers you, controls you.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: 2009 July 11, 14:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't be so negative, CC will come to the rescue. Medieval players had all sort of CC to hide the technology in Sims 2. Painting tv, scroll phone, runic fire alarm. Crystall ball tv, hidden computers of all sorts etc... None of these were EA, it all was CC.
If someone made a mod that would graphically replace the sims 3 mobile phone with a banana, that would make it to play other theme. Well at least for prehistoric cavesims and for tropical/beachy sims Cheesy A rolled scroll would do it for medieval sims.
What could it be replaced with for victorians sims? A huge ham? A pitchfork maybe? Grin

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1461 on: 2009 July 11, 15:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly - I do like -playing- sims 3 more, but until there is a way to mesh new items, I won't feel completed - unfortunately, I don't like sims 2 likes this computer - it graphic glitches like mad, and until I find a good spot for the laptop....

Anyway, I do wish it was possible to import the landscaping stuff to Sims 2, and the landscaping stuff from 2 to 3.  I love the look of the new stuff, but the stuff from 2 is better for putting right up against a house.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: 2009 July 11, 16:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, I do wish it was possible to import the landscaping stuff to Sims 2
But then you'ld have all these huge pixels for the outside of your sims lots. All the other lots would look horrible even at the max detail option. It was almost okay for night shots but it ruined all my day shots Tongue

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: 2009 July 11, 17:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't be so negative, CC will come to the rescue. Medieval players had all sort of CC to hide the technology in Sims 2. Painting tv, scroll phone, runic fire alarm. Crystall ball tv, hidden computers of all sorts etc... None of these were EA, it all was CC.
If someone made a mod that would graphically replace the sims 3 mobile phone with a banana, that would make it to play other theme. Well at least for prehistoric cavesims and for tropical/beachy sims Cheesy A rolled scroll would do it for medieval sims.
What could it be replaced with for victorians sims? A huge ham? A pitchfork maybe? Grin

I don't think I'm being all that negative. In fact, it's only my consuming faith in the ingenuity of the Sims community that keeps me from reclaiming the 6+ gigs of hard drive space that Sims 3 takes up. But come on... It's obvious that EAxis has done everything possible to discourage independent, FREE modders/meshers from creating content for TS3. My hat's off to Pescado for the brilliant Awesomemod, but even he has even commented on the insanely convoluted coding. I don't pretend to understand the mechanics of the game engine but I listen to those who do.

I guess it's pissing in the wind to complain about the way EA ignores its customers' preferences. But jeez, you don't need a marketing degree from Wharton to understand that the popularity of this particular series is based on the ability to mod, mesh and recolor. I've been a Sims player since 2000 and I know that without CC, I would not only have shelved TS1 but I would never have bothered to invest in its EP packs or gone on to TS2. Hell, I even bought a new computer based on my Sims 1 needs. Crap from the EA store doesn't begin to meet my CC requirements.

My point in the post you've referenced is that I wish TS3 had been launched as an improvement on TS2, not a replacement for it. And, if the new game engine couldn't accommodate that, would it have been possible to make the existing content usable in TS3? All the thousands upon thousands of downloads, not to mention the hundreds of hours spent hunting for and downloading them, abandoned? No way! TS3 is utter fail in my book on that point alone. I admit I don't understand how the game works, any more than I understand what wyrd magicke goes on under the hood of my car when I turn the key. But it seems to me that the developers could have, if directed to by EA management, found ways to incorporate the nifty features of TS3 like integrated neighborhoods and the pattern/color customization without sacrificing the beloved features of TS2. But no, it seems like they said, "Make it as difficult as possible for anyone but us to create new content, so we can sell the stuff in our online store."

Yeah, I guess that does sound pretty negative. Okay, so I feel negative about this issue. God, I hate EA.

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: 2009 July 11, 17:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree with you on all your points. EA did everything to ruin it. The store items with the game being so empty is really the thing that irks me the most. EA sucks, it's not new anyway. They started with Bon Voyage and now they're getting better with it with each day that passes Sad
But CC is already extremelly close to being done - I mean some new furniture mesh -  so just like Sims 2 and Sims 1 all that matters is the community of awesome modders, creators and recolorers! Nothing new either. And the harder EA tries to nuke CC, the more awesome CC makers and modders are. See it as a huge race and EA cheated and tried to make the other contestants fall Cheesy And the winners are the modders.

So in a nuttshell: EA sucks since BV, CC rocks since Sims 1 Smiley

El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: 2009 July 11, 18:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed. Let's go have a pizza and some beer, Dr. House!  Grin

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: 2009 July 11, 18:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers, mate! Grin

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 2009 July 11, 21:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That had to have been the best thread derailment ever. Cheesy
Back to business, then: Everyone must see this work of... art? Yeah, art. Or something.

Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: 2009 July 11, 22:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New skin replacement at GoS by TummyZa.  Grin

GET HERE!

Pwns Peggy's crappy hairy skin, but since that one is free too for now, I didn't throw this into the Free vs. Pay thread.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 13, 01:35:09 by Lady Vader » Logged
Andais
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: 2009 July 11, 23:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That had to have been the best thread derailment ever. Cheesy
Back to business, then: Everyone must see this work of... art? Yeah, art. Or something.

It is so very awesome.  And so obviously a labor of love.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: