PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:02:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 591742 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #1395 on: 2009 June 26, 02:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a lot of bullshit just to run a game. Wow, what a dog and pony show they've got on the store shelves. I'm more glad than ever that I am not getting that thing. Grin I'm glad you guys like it an all, but I'd snap the game disk out of frustration if I had to go through all of that garbage to play.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: 2009 June 26, 02:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: dr. House
MUST resist. Will NOT bloat sims 3.
Yeah, I remember saying similar things about Sims2.  I hope you'll have more willpower with Sims3 than I did with Sims2. Wink   I'm at 1.4Gb (old machine, tiny hard drive).  I swear I only download stuff I actually use, and I compress everything, and I don't have 50 different versions of the same thing.  None of it helps.

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: 2009 June 26, 03:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, I never had problems with Sims 3. Awesomemod kept crashing at a certain builds for some days but it quickly resolved with Pes' updates. I'm a happy sailor Cheesy And reading some at MATY or here that have a lot of problems I don't understand why I don't have any: my computer is average and in a very bad state, it badly needs dust cleaning plus one nuked fan is slowly dying (of course it's the worst placed one, you have to completely dismember the computer to reach it. Arg.). And 2 of the 3 HDs I have are very unstable and sometimes act like crazy bitches (huh their produce was quickly stopped because of these borks!), my soundcard is so old it doesn't have any updated drivers and now Windows hates my speakers...  Well, lucky me I guess: my computer is a total wreck but Sims 3 runs flawlessly. *knocks on wood* ROFL Happy Happy Joy Joy
Sometimes I wonder how come my comp doesn't self-destruct and explodes.

LOL I discovered one of my sim couple hate each other! Left them alone and they immediately started fighting and insulting eachother Cheesy Okay their relationship wasn't awesome but they've been too busy to talk and cuddle for a lot of days, not my fault.

CatOfWar, I'm trying hard and WILL try to RESIST Grin Don't want to redo the same shit than with sims 2. Oh well at least an item now = one tiny file. No need for a gazillions of recolors, which must have made approximately a fourth of my Downloads folder in sims 2. You and me are both strong kitties and we will resist! *rambo mode*

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1398 on: 2009 June 26, 04:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden I actually haven't had that many problems with TS3- it has crashed fewer times than my  TS1 and my TS2 did unpatched, and unmodded with no CC when I first got them- I am sure that this problem existed for both TS1 and TS2 when hacks/mods first started coming out because everyone was trying something new and modders didn't always consult each other on what they were doing- These things happen. I enjoy both of them- and have actually been playing TS2 most of today once I found my M&G disc (which is good since I have a re-color set to test out) which was luckily not buried to deep in my boxes of stuff to move. Hell I even still play TS1 and just now found my Sims Mega Pack with Sim Golf, Sim Theme Park, Sim City 3000, Sim Coaster, and Sim Safari (and my machine is an XP which means they work to) and am planning to drag them out later tonight.

Dr House I know what you mean about the downloads. My main issue with TS2- was I never purged my d/l folder. I realized this yesterday when I purged some God Awful Sims Connection, hairs that I got when I first started downloading stuff and realized that their hair is awful even in comparison to Peggy. Now objects and clothing will be purged from the d/l folder on a regular basis- as soon as subfoldering becomes a possibility it WILL be organized according to type and creator. Some creators are also uploading 7 different recolors of an identical pattern so when I download patterns I only download one color of the pattern since they can be recolored in CAST anyways. I will limit it this time.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1399 on: 2009 June 26, 04:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently purged my dl folder for the first time ever, for many of the same reasons. It had 10 g's.
In the last 2 weeks it's gone from 3 gigs to 9. This time I am organizing it as I download. Each site gets a folder and each creator gets a folder within that. Some creators like Adele, Buggybooz, Bruno, etc, get their own folders not within a site folder. Even if I get a mesh from a recolor set, I put in the folder of the original creator.

It's very time consuming process, but it's already come in handy. I had a file that was crashing my game during the loading. I was able to isolate the problem file so much quicker because everything was organized. Then I was able to see where it came from, so I could let the creator know about the problem.

My Deviant artwork here.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: 2009 June 26, 11:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few weeks before Sims 3 came out I used Delphy's Download organizer and Sim PE to purge and organize my downloads folder. I did it by the catalog sort, so One folder for buy mode, build mode, and body shop, and then the different sections in them. Then also folders for foods, default replacements, hacks, nhood objects, and a few creators have their own folders in the main downloads folder. But I have over 6gig in my download folder and probably 1 to 2 gig in the files in the the files in C/Program Files/ EA Games. But I ended up deleting about 2 to 4 thousand things when I purged, and I am still deleting stuff in game. But I haven't been playing lately, I would rather the 2 minute load time for Sims 3 than the 30 to 45 minuet load time for Sims 2.  Tongue

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1401 on: 2009 June 26, 14:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get a lot done while waiting for my game to load. I usually go do dishes, or laundry, or I'll just play with my daughter. She usually gets bored with me by the time the game has loaded. So it all works out.

My Deviant artwork here.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1402 on: 2009 June 26, 14:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try and play TS2 just as often because there are still things I am loving about it- like the ability to make a custom hood- including all of the houses, community lots, and so on, and the fact that the other families that I am playing don't age up and die along with my character if I don't play with Pescado's TS2 Style Aging from the Aweseommod or Aging Off. I still even play TS1- cause I like TS1 Vacation better than BV. I have a 500 GB HD so it isn't exactly an issue just leaving my game on the computer. As for downloads I do a purge from the TS2 bin about once a week----

Oh shoot- I have to have this - didn't see anyone else post a link or picture so here we go- new kitchen by Buggybooz- http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=342880

But as you can see often for every set I purge another gets put in

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1403 on: 2009 June 26, 15:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I could keep playing sims 2 - I need to find out what's causing my graphics issues.

Sims 1 I'll reinstall because I like Makin' Magic far better than Free Time/Apartment Life.  The spells and hobbies are more whimsical and sims 1 expansions built into each other better, imo.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: 2009 June 26, 16:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to get complete collection because I borrowed some of the EPs from my aunt and uncle to install and my makin magic second disk is messed up, I don't know what happened though. But yeah, The Sims 1 EPs worked together better than on The Sims 2, and vacation was so much better, there seemed to be more to do. But I could go on and on about how good Sims 1 was, because every EP had so many good things in them.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1405 on: 2009 June 26, 16:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the truly new things about TS3- but it seems like with the elements of TS1 and TS2 in the game they only included a few of the really good elements from the previous games like gardening  and included a lot of the worst- e.g. the uneditable hoods from TS1 . It doesn't make sense since we were all telling them for nearly a year what elements of TS1 and TS2 we would love to see in TS3- of course they were probably to busy listening to the noobs on the BBS and the 12's on the TSR forums to pay attention to what any of us who had actually been playing the franchise since TS1`actually wanted.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: 2009 June 26, 20:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not only this site that I'm reading about the problems, all. There are plenty of others out there where people are saying they keep having crashing issues with or without mods. Some people have the good fortune not to crash at all. It just seems to hit or miss to me, you know?

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1407 on: 2009 June 26, 21:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that is true of any game in the beginning- as I said I like the game but there are issues and I am not blind to them- and I can also understand your frustration with EA- I am just lucky that I have not had many (although I have had some ) of the problems associated with EA games products. And I really wish that EA's execs and the Sims Design Team would start listening to what the majority of the Sims community wants instead of listening to what a whopping 15 people (most of whom are  probablyTSR/Paysite execs or Maxoids honestly) want from a game- they could have actually used the 6 months delay to accomplish something to fix the problems with the game that have been existent since apparently the build the creators played with at the Camp last fall- but they didn't and now the rest of us are having to deal with it- with me not so much the Awesommod thats the problem - but the content by creators like Peggy who and TSR creators who are after the quick buck (all of Peggy's and TSR shit is free at the moment but you know the minute that we have the ability to put brand new sparkly non=EA cloned objects into the game - they will be pay) and don't really give a shit if their crap conflicts with damage control mods like Wintermutes or Pescados

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: 2009 June 26, 23:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's just too bad that people will pay for shit when they shouldn't be obliged to. You get the people with talent curing the problems that the company makes, you get people with drive making the tools needed to make original content and then you have the leeches that take all of that and make a buck. We know which side of that fence the paysites fall on, now don't we?

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1409 on: 2009 June 27, 01:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes we definitely do- Peggy TS3- DNW - TSR TS3- DNW- I intend to stick with TS2 just as I have with TS1- and enjoy TS3- but until more Cc comes out and Pescado figures out how to fix moar of the glitches and bugs the other two are simply more fun - even with TS2's 15 minute load time due to my overpacked downloads folder and TS1- outdated graphics. Personally there are things that I like about each game - just like I enjoy different things about the other franchise type games I play such as Heroes of Might and Magic.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: