PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:28:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 127 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)  (Read 597916 times)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
Re: Your Prettiest Freesite Creation Find: Round Two (Apparently)
« Reply #1380 on: 2009 June 25, 16:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was after getting rid of around 15,000 TSR files in my downloads folder and only keeping the work of FA's, SA's and Retired Artists like Aikea Guinea and Gelydh who had x-posted files elsewhere, and some Maxis Matching stuff that had not yet been done by Huge Lunatic, Raggedy Anne, Ailias or Snarky, as well as a bunch of SIP beds that although pretty were not very functional, ( Delphine and Jasmines work is so pretty but their beds just don't work for me) and a bunch of stuff I downloaded in 2005 that I looked at and went "I thought that was good?"
« Last Edit: 2009 June 25, 16:46:37 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: 2009 June 25, 16:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dstar, my sims 2 game is so bloated 11300 files, 1.6Go. Loading time around 6 to 7'. Hate it. rum_nate, 40k? Man, that's HUGE!

That's why I want to avoid being stupid again with sims 3. Haven't downloaded any houses yet. I'm only expecting a dazzling farm lot I saw in a pic and the creator said (s)he'll upload it. But frankly checking the lots page at MTS is a shore as it's already bloated with stuff. In fact this farm is an excuse for me to not grab any lot, since I'm waiting for Godot Smiley. Didn't grab the Hello Kitty watches as I want them for kids only and the tatoos are nice but seem too colored to be realistic, normally tatoos fade out. Plus these are sooo big, I just want classical ones like a small red & black heart with "MOM" written below ^^ or a reasonnably sized dragon in faded black color. No pattern recolors, that's useless. I'm also trying to avoid mods and pattern invasion. Recently added superior bed and gender 50-50 though and the buy flame fruits and whatnot at the grocery. Haven't downloaded any sim either even if I have a huge urge to grab really nice ones. MUST resist. Will NOT bloat sims 3. Gosh that sounds like a group therapy. *shuts up* Lips sealed
 Grin

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1382 on: 2009 June 25, 17:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only lots I have grabbed for TS3 are one by Qbuilderz, and one by BlackOrchid simply because their lots are usually so well done and as a lot builder myself they inspire me to try new things.

The Hello Kitty Watch was actually for my niece- she is really into Anime and Japanese Street Style and there is so little that goes with that in base game TS3 other than the cartooney anime hairs for both genders that she has been suffering from lack of stuff.

I don't mind the new patterns because it allows to take the usually mismatched mishmash that EA gives us because they are to lazy to ever finish a set (even the Story Stuff Sets that I have I can think of a dozen other pieces per set that are needed to make them complete and the Store Sets oddly enough are usually more complete than the stuff that they release in the EP's and SP's when it comes to TS2 at least) and turn it into a nice rather than a typical starter home with mismatched items everywhere- I like eclectic but there are simply some things that should match. I don't have many patterns - right now so many of them are merely recolors of the stuff in game that I can do myself and are posted on the Exchange where I am loathe to go- though I have nabbed HP's, Lethes, Aikea Guineas,. Saraswati's, and many of  Kate at Parsims patterns. I don't even think I have 50 at this point .

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: 2009 June 25, 17:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok there is something really wrong with my game. I took out every single hack because the game would not turn on at all, even when I took out all the hacks I put in in the last 24 hours. I put back in pescado's mod and the firepit mod, won't turn on. I take out all the patterns, then go to turn the game on with only pescado's mod and configur file and the firepit mod. The game wont load. I take out the firepit mod, the game turns on fine. I am again at a loss as to why it is doing this. I'm going to add back in my other mods one by one to see if any of them have problems too, since even when the fire pit and 16 command mods weren't in I still was crashing.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1384 on: 2009 June 25, 17:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you delete your cache files  ? Also there is a file called XCMPT something or other - it has both an unrecognized file format and .txt user logs- if you have more than one of these in your MyDocs/Electronic Arts/TS3 folder in the same area of your folder as the cache files you are supposed to delete when the game goes poof they can also cause problems. I have had my game crash because of that as well. - If you do delete those and it should be fine- that is what fixed it for mine.

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: 2009 June 25, 17:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dstar, these are due to the enablescripterror.package, right? I keep deleting the bloody XCMPT or something since these are useless and just crash logs. Didn't know they could bork your game.

btw rum_nate, try taking out or putting the enablescripterror.package. It may help.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1386 on: 2009 June 25, 17:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was before Pescado uploaded the enablescripterror pkg at MATY. I kept wondering why townies that did not belong in Sunset Valley kept showing up (Bob Newbie WTF), and why I would go somewhere and be unable to interact with townies and pre-mades who were stuck in place. Deleted the cache files didn't work , I didn't have any mods that conflicted with Awesomemod, so I noticed I had like six sets of the XCMPT files I deleted them and the game was fine.

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: 2009 June 25, 18:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bloody hell the borks it caused in your game is frightening. Okay always delete that crap. Thanks for the info dstar.

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1388 on: 2009 June 25, 18:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't get me wrong- when someone figures out how the  relationships memories  and neighborhoods work and creates a merged Riverview -Sunset Valley hood- Bob Newbie showing up in the park to play chess with Mortimer Goth is no problem- After all in my TS1 game they were close friends- but no merged hood is supposed to = no people from other towns showing up on community lots

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: 2009 June 25, 18:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I deleted all those cache files and the crash logs and all those files and put the enablescripterror.package in and the game still didn't work. I took out the fire pit hack and it still didn't work. I too out the knee high socks and the game works. And a few hours ago when I took everything out and was putting it back in one at a time, just having Pescado's mod, the configure file for it, and either the fire pit hack or the knee high socks, the game would crash. The second I took either of those last files out (I never put them in together when I was trying to figure out what files were causing me problems) the game worked fine. So for some odd reason, the fire pit hack and the knee high socks are not compatible with Pescado's mod for me. That really has got me lost.

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1390 on: 2009 June 25, 19:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have about 25 patterns, and most of those I've made.

Thanks for the aquarium mod - I know I'd seen it on some forum, was looking all over MTS and MATY and couldn't find it.  Didn't think you check CustomSims3 [still getting used to it actually having stuff now Smiley].  I'm doing a chocolate chunk with whipped topping Legacy [ie, I'm going with epic lifespan and cheating as needed.  I just can't do the vanilla challenges, I've tried and tried and tried.  Closest was apocalypse with plant sims where I actually got a fair bit into it with 10 generations.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1391 on: 2009 June 25, 19:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am actually doing a Pleasantview/Old Town Pre-Mades Legacy and a Rock and Roll Legacy at the moment. The first one I am playing on epic/aging off with Hand of God Enabled to prevent pre-made move outs- I am playing each pre-made family that are ancestors of the Pleasantview Sims in TS2, and the Old Town Sims in TS1, Newbies, Landgraabs, Simovitch's, Brokes, Crumplebottoms, Goths, Bachelors etc. To ensure that they do what they are supposed to do to make the lives of the premades in TS1 and TS2 possible- e.g. Bob and Betty marry, have kid Brandi who marries Skip Broke, Bella and Morty Marry have Cass and Alex etc, Landgraab III marries whoever the hell he is supposed to marry in order for IV to exist. Story continuity damnit!!!

The second one - is with a CAS Sim that I made- Rose Sinclair who married Jon Lessen in Riverview- all their descendents will have the virtuoso trait and I will try to pick LTW choice with one of the musical options.

Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: 2009 June 25, 19:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HystericalParoxysm did a mod removing the cartoony effects when sims fight for S3: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=346507 Bloody awesome if you're a storyteller, moviemaker, or just plain hate the "Hanna-Barbera" effect EA seems to so insist on in all of The Sims generations. Makes me almost wanna go slap-happy in the game Wink

Edit -> No toony notes when playing instruments either: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=346508
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: 2009 June 25, 22:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So for some odd reason, the fire pit hack and the knee high socks are not compatible with Pescado's mod for me. That really has got me lost.
Nope, fire pit mod is already in my game since I tested it for you and will keep it since it's handy and I just added A. Guinea's socks to the game:
Awesomemod is still in. Game loaded fine and I didn't even delete any cache files.

Okay, what else did you add? Do you happen to have two default skins? Did you add Peggy's hair? I'm going to add the GoS short boots for females, maybe you grabbed this one too (and I want it anyway lol) EDIT: Still working with the boots. Nice stuff btw, look at the second pic. Gosh it feels soooo good to add a new item to the game by only installing one tiny file! YAY! Tongue
« Last Edit: 2009 June 25, 22:23:42 by Dr House » Logged

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: 2009 June 26, 00:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took everything out, all hacks and custom patterns. Then I just put in Pescado's mod and configure file, just to make sure the game wasn't fucked up and I had to reinstall, the game loaded fine. So I put in the fire pit hack, so the only CC that is in the game is Pescado's mod and configure file, the fire pit hack, and the store stuff and some custom textures in my downloads folder. The game crashes on start up. I take out the fire pit hack and put in the kneen high socks, and the game still crashes. I put back in all my mods and custom patterns, take out the knee high socks, so I no longer have them, the fire pit hack, or the 16 commands hack in, and the game loads fine. Nothing I did would get the

Fake Edit: I finally got it working. I had to put the fire pit hack and knee high socks in one at a time and turn on the game after I put each of them in. Then I added Pescado's mod and configure file, turned the game on fine, then added all my other hacks and patterns, game crashed. I took out the air guitar hack, and the game turns on fine.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 127 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: