PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:15:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 908732 times)
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2940 on: 2008 December 04, 01:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, each time I start to reconsider and give Walt the benefit of the doubt and accept that he's a possibly gullible victim of K&E's duplicity, greed, lies and treachery, and each time I start to consider feeling a teeny bit sorry for the poor old fool, he goes and does or says something so incredibly asinine, idiotic and / or douchey that I can't be bothered to feel any mercy for the asinine, idiotic, douchebaggy DUMBASS anymore.

YAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!
PIRATEY RAEG!!!!!!
KEELHAUL THE BASTARD!
NO MERCY!

*passes around rum caek*

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: 2008 December 04, 01:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to chuckle at a few parts of this email that Walt sent me earlier today after I enquired what the hell was going on:

Hi Ali,

Thanks for writing. I've had some professional server administrators looking at the server the past couple of days, and they confirm that the problem is that the sites are getting more traffic than the server can handle. I'm going to order a new server today with about twice the horsepower. It usually takes quite a few days to complete a transfer of sites to a new server. Under normal circumstances, I would expect the full process to take a week or so.  I'm going to try to accelerate that process as much as I can. While I don't currently have a clear ETA, that's about the best I can tell you. The site access problems are making it hard for me to connect, too, so everything I try to do is dragged down to a slow crawl.

I'm hopeful that once we get everything transferred over to the new server and have the site activated there that most of the server problems will be behind us. Unfortunately, I can't be sure because of the chaotic nature of all that's going on. About the best I can do is to keep trying.

There's a group of very angry users, led by someone named J.M. Pescado, who apparently gained administrative access to the control panel (someone put him in the Administrative group...I don't know who did it) and posted a new home page message entitled Viva La Revolucion which led to a thread where he announced that he has acqured all the website files and is threatening to create a clone somewhere else if I don't accept $500 token payment for everything and go away. A lot of people have posted messages in support of what he's doing. There have been hints that they're engaged in denial of service attacks against the site, but I can't verify that's true. I've removed the home page listing and pulled him out of the administrative group.

Walt

and then when I asked him why he'd made some of the hidden boards public:

I'll see if I can get those threads straightened out. I'm still learning the admin control panel myself, so it may take me awhile

still learning?? Isn't that something that you should really know how to do beforehand??
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: 2008 December 04, 01:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, he can't verify that it's true, because it's not. Tongue

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Aoife
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: 2008 December 04, 01:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, he doesnt know a thing about the admin control panel so he demotes the people that do. Smart move!
Neptune
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: 2008 December 04, 01:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eledhel: that email is hilarious thanks for sharing  Smiley
Simlover
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: 2008 December 04, 01:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What sort of a brain surgeon do you have to be to figure out that the server can't handle the traffic?  He is a web developer but needed a team of experts to tell him this?  I think he is full of crap to be honest
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: 2008 December 04, 01:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fucker can't tell the difference between heavy traffic and dos attacks? Who let him out of his cave?! I nominate him to the highest echelon of the the Douche Waffle Brigade...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Genlisae
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2947 on: 2008 December 04, 01:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eledhel: Thank you for sharing that. It was enough to bring me out of lurking.

I had just been sitting here catching up again and starting to feel a little sorry for Walt who I thought must be very confused by now. Now I realize that confusion takes a certain level of intelligence that he obviously doesn't have.
vindi
ARR!

Nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: 2008 December 04, 01:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone should reply to him with a link to wikipedia's page on DoS/DDoS attacks. Cheesy
I can't believe this man with all of his 'professionals' and what not can't figure how to work the admin panel so that Walt Dismal doesn't fuck up the site more.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: 2008 December 04, 01:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFL....he evidently doesn't know that you need no help, Pes.  Maybe you should offer your services at a reasonable price.  Recoup some of our monies and get us a new cheez server.  Grin

Ali...nicely done.  You are a definitely a rum-worthy pirate.

Bravo Lorelei!  That's exactly how I felt at first until I read more. I hadn't seen the financial model that Devilfish (and thank you very much for that) posted until last night.  We don't know what sob story Walt was given and what information was presented that made Insim seem like a profitable venture.  However, he could have and should have researched his purchase much more than he did.  K&E didn't pay for those creator files, they only hosted them.  If I was going to invest that amount of money, you can bet your case of rum that I'd have become a member and had an observation period to follow with a transitional period of 30-60 days prior to any money changing hands.  

This reminds me of a used car that is actually a lemon.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: 2008 December 04, 01:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"There's a group of very angry users, led by someone named J.M. Pescado..."

Priceless
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2951 on: 2008 December 04, 01:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the part where he is going to sink more money into the site by buying another server. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Nec
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: 2008 December 04, 01:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That email was hilarious, Eledhel! He really is A #1 DoucheBag.  Cheesy

Viva La Revolution thread pages 1-13 download here: www.tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucion Part 2 Here: http://tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucionPt2
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: 2008 December 04, 01:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy What an awesome thing to read to make my day a little bit better. And with him saying that, it will only make our InSim clone that much more enjoyable once it opens.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: 2008 December 04, 01:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is priceless, I spewed on my monitor.  Cheesy
Again, thanks dollface, NEC and anyone else who manages to take screenies and post them for us less fortunate.  Kiss

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: