PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 14:21:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 909684 times)
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2700 on: 2008 December 03, 16:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I go to sleep for a few hours, blow my nose (I have a terrible cold right now), and there are several pages added to this message. Oh to be caught up....

I did go in to site-determined to email somebody-gave that up quickly-but landed on one message from Nov 27th where Walt tries to explain himself. I want all my downloads removed too, but cannot get in there long enough to do it myself. To no avail...

I have put up what was said on our site Here    This way you can read what was said, in Walt's own wording!

Ok, skye. Hope you are not allergic to fur.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Hellyes
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: 2008 December 03, 16:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime anyone goes to that site he's earning advertising revenue, even when it says the server is busy.
Not anymore, he doesn't. The advertising modules were crippled during the rioting.

Oh that's good news, in fact, that's hilarious!  Grin
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: 2008 December 03, 16:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am concerned about one thing. If Pescado get a deal with him, and get the server and the domaine name, i am afraid there will be another site without rules, where members can flame and insult each other, just like here and over at MATY.  Pescado is allergic to rules, so this is a bit of a concern to me.
Actually, that's not how it works. Firstly, I'm not actually allergic to rules: It's just that I don't like enforcing them, and similarly dislke making them. The only thing I REALLY detest is impedance to the free flow of information. This is pretty much why the only policy I'd bother to implement at all is the firm destruction of the anti-PMBD-linkage policies. Everything else, well, that's not my concern. Notice how I have not actually intervened in any way on Garden of Liegenschonheits, either. I don't enforce anything...but I don't stop the existing staff from doing it, either. A lack of interest in creating rules is not the same as a lack of interest in rules: We just lack such rules HERE because there are no other site authorities: Since there is no one ELSE to make up rues, rules don't get made here. Which, again, suits me just fine: I didn't want to enforce them anyway. I'm an engineer, not a policeman!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2703 on: 2008 December 03, 16:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So there.  Cheesy

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: 2008 December 03, 17:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hai - over on GOS Bloom has come out of the closet as a Walt fanjerk. My first instinct is to pillage and burn, however that isn't the nicest thought while he is still free. Thankfully I don't have any of this person's stuff in my game - I'd need a bath for the computer.

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=7852.615;topicseen

I know that Bloom is omg free creator, and that lots of people like his stuff, but he has pissed me off so much at this point...

I was upset at this attitude as well, but at least in the end he bothered to argue his point (badly, I'll admit) instead of just going "Nope, don't like the guy". And this has nothing to do with Bloom being ZOMG FREE!!eleventy1!! but if he doesn't want his stuff burninated, that's his right. We can't go deleting his stuff just because we don't like his attitude. That would be all kinds of wrong.
I know! I am just... kind of shocked? I always assume that these people who have been around forever and aren't on a paysite yet are firmly entrenched on the side of free and reasonable.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: 2008 December 03, 17:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am concerned about one thing. If Pescado get a deal with him, and get the server and the domaine name, i am afraid there will be another site without rules, where members can flame and insult each other, just like here and over at MATY.  Pescado is allergic to rules, so this is a bit of a concern to me.
Actually, that's not how it works. Firstly, I'm not actually allergic to rules: It's just that I don't like enforcing them, and similarly dislke making them. The only thing I REALLY detest is impedance to the free flow of information. This is pretty much why the only policy I'd bother to implement at all is the firm destruction of the anti-PMBD-linkage policies. Everything else, well, that's not my concern. Notice how I have not actually intervened in any way on Garden of Liegenschonheits, either. I don't enforce anything...but I don't stop the existing staff from doing it, either. A lack of interest in creating rules is not the same as a lack of interest in rules: We just lack such rules HERE because there are no other site authorities: Since there is no one ELSE to make up rues, rules don't get made here. Which, again, suits me just fine: I didn't want to enforce them anyway. I'm an engineer, not a policeman!

Thanks! Btw. You're an engineer and a rebel leader :-P

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: 2008 December 03, 17:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am VERY surprised at Bloom; Walt's own words say he is gunna make Insim a paysite....how can Bloom ignore that, unless Bloom hasnt read a damned thing...    Undecided

I am not surprised about Miros however; Miros runs Wooden Simolean, the one that used to be on the paysite Simshost and hangs at SunSims, run by that d-bag Greg (the sleazy paysite owner).
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2707 on: 2008 December 03, 17:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn you all!

For the last three days I've been trawlng like mad through this thread every little chance I get. But I'm constantly 60 pages behind and never catching up.  Angry Will there ever be an end to this epic?

Feel free to scream at me or macro me to death because of the interruption. I don't care. I won't reach this page before the weekend anyway with the rate you're all going.  Wink

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: 2008 December 03, 17:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime anyone goes to that site he's earning advertising revenue, even when it says the server is busy.
Not anymore, he doesn't. The advertising modules were crippled during the rioting.

oopsies.... Wink

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2709 on: 2008 December 03, 17:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am VERY surprised at Bloom; Walt's own words say he is gunna make Insim a paysite....

Not to stick up for the guy, but no he didn't. He was contemplating making Insim Adult pay and dropped that idea fairly quickly. What we objected to was him expecting to be paid for his 'hard work' with our donations. The fact that we expect our donation money to go towards keeping the site open and nothing else seems to have baffled him. But he was expecting to profit of the community, and that's what cheesed us off.

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: 2008 December 03, 17:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn you all!

For the last three days I've been trawlng like mad through this thread every little chance I get. But I'm constantly 60 pages behind and never catching up.  Angry Will there ever be an end to this epic?

Feel free to scream at me or macro me to death because of the interruption. I don't care. I won't reach this page before the weekend anyway with the rate you're all going.  Wink

Suck it up.  We're all going through the same thing.   Kiss

Have some cookies.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: 2008 December 03, 17:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assuming he really was just a purchaser and not E&K's sockpuppet, he didn't really upset me at all.  But there was an important principle to demonstrate once and for all - you can't sell other people's work, whether that be game content or writings.   He couldn't buy it because K&E couldn't sell it.  In a way, he's being set up as an example.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: 2008 December 03, 17:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*phew* Got home about an hour ago and finally caught up on 40+ pages.

Sadly I missed all the action. And does anyone have a list of Warplan Beige theme tunes? I want to know what I missed...
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: 2008 December 03, 17:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to stick up for the guy, but no he didn't. He was contemplating making Insim Adult pay and dropped that idea fairly quickly.

I dont believe Walt for a second; I dont believe he 'dropped that idea' at all.  I can see him backpedalling furiously NOW and later say 'gee, we need to make this pay to cover the bandwidth'.

I dont believe Walt and I dont trust Walt.
SynapticSim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: 2008 December 03, 17:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, I'm inclined to believe that Walt was just in the dark about what he was buying as we were in finding out it was sold.  I know it's been suggested that Walt is potentially Eric or Kathy masquerading as someone new.  But according to the (publicly available) domain records, it was transferred into Walt's name on November 18th.

http://tinyurl.com/69nkdw

And from what I remember, Kathy and Eric are in a completely different state than the one Walt resides in (not that that means a whole lot).  But I tend to believe that Kathy and Eric went to Walt's site, specifically the "We Buy Websites" section http://www.dirtcheapadvertising.com/we-buy-websites.asp and filled out the form.  With other information that is available, you can pretty much fill in the blanks from there.

From what I've been able to gather throughout this 150+ page thread, transferring the domain would have cost some money, and I doubt the money hungry Kathy and Eric would have forked out the cash just to pull some elborate stunt like this.

~ Syn
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: