PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:48:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 909309 times)
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2685 on: 2008 December 03, 16:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone i know about is very grateful for what Pescado is doing, including myself, it must have been a hell of a work to back up everything.  And made a good laugh at his avatar, rebel leader.
Which reminds me of Che Guevara, but he suffered a rather cruel destiny. I find it a bit disturbing that people are in a socalled gerilja war with a guy who is trying to save his ass. I think Delphy said everything well, and i agree with him.  I am sure Walt will never ever get close to a fansite again. He could not have had any clue what he was going into, but all this is written and said before. I am concerned about one thing. If Pescado get a deal with him, and get the server and the domaine name, i am afraid there will be another site without rules, where members can flame and insult each other, just like here and over at MATY.  Pescado is allergic to rules, so this is a bit of a concern to me.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: 2008 December 03, 16:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if E&K are lurking around and watching this.  Something for them to get off on together as a couple.

Bonnie and Clyde? They're probably holed up in a motel room somewhere, snarfing down pizza and guzzling beer payed for with donation funds.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: 2008 December 03, 16:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Pescado get a deal with him, and get the server and the domaine name, i am afraid there will be another site without rules, where members can flame and insult each other, just like here and over at MATY.  Pescado is allergic to rules, so this is a bit of a concern to me.

Remember, no one is obliged to use InSim under Pescado's rule any more than we were obliged to use it under Walt.  If the Insim community don't like how the site turns out, they can carry on walking till they get their own new site.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Indi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: 2008 December 03, 16:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like I went to sleep and all the fun happened without me, that's what I get for sleeping.
And I rofled about the Kathy and Eric posts..bravo there!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2689 on: 2008 December 03, 16:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And made a good laugh at his avatar, rebel leader. Which reminds me of Che Guevara, but he suffered a rather cruel destiny.

Completely useless info: that's a Flame Warrior. I laughed my ass off when I saw that.

If Pescado get a deal with him, and get the server and the domaine name, i am afraid there will be another site without rules, where members can flame and insult each other, just like here and over at MATY.  Pescado is allergic to rules, so this is a bit of a concern to me.

Pescado has said, multiple times now, that's he's not interested in running InSIM in any way, shape or form.

lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: 2008 December 03, 16:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about that Amazone. The same moderators and super moderators will be there to keep the status quo on the rules. I don't think another MATY will be allowed. Anyway, there is only one MATY so that will suffice.  Grin

I don't take Pes too seriously. My goodness this is the web, being thin-skinned will hurt to much here, just stay away.

Anyways, I have a sekrit crush on Pes, but will  not say it. (Doh! you just put it over the interwebz)  Lips sealed

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2691 on: 2008 December 03, 16:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Pescado get a deal with him, and get the server and the domaine name, i am afraid there will be another site without rules, where members can flame and insult each other, just like here and over at MATY.  Pescado is allergic to rules, so this is a bit of a concern to me.

Remember, no one is obliged to use InSim under Pescado's rule any more than we were obliged to use it under Walt.  If the Insim community don't like how the site turns out, they can carry on walking till they get their own new site.

*clinks wineglass*
Cheers to that, Quorneater. First post you made I agree 100% with.

I'd jut like to say that I think it's terrific that Pes has put forth so much effort on this.
No fangurling, just respect.
And I think it's great that another large and well-known site will now be pirate affiliated. Nothing better to spread the word.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: 2008 December 03, 16:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I go to sleep for a few hours, blow my nose (I have a terrible cold right now), and there are several pages added to this message. Oh to be caught up....

I did go in to site-determined to email somebody-gave that up quickly-but landed on one message from Nov 27th where Walt tries to explain himself. I want all my downloads removed too, but cannot get in there long enough to do it myself. To no avail...

I have put up what was said on our site Here    This way you can read what was said, in Walt's own wording!

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: 2008 December 03, 16:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hai - over on GOS Bloom has come out of the closet as a Walt fanjerk. My first instinct is to pillage and burn, however that isn't the nicest thought while he is still free. Thankfully I don't have any of this person's stuff in my game - I'd need a bath for the computer.

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=7852.615;topicseen

I know that Bloom is omg free creator, and that lots of people like his stuff, but he has pissed me off so much at this point...
Hellyes
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: 2008 December 03, 16:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's gone!  isitjustme says no such site.
I get a "Failure to Connect, Firefox can't establish a connection to the server" error, as well.  I think the server's just down - do you really think Walt would kill the site without another last ditch attempt to recoup his money?

I am sure Walt understands by now that his ship is sinking and at least he can recoup something of his investment by keeping it up until the flooding is over.  Everytime anyone goes to that site he's earning advertising revenue, even when it says the server is busy.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: 2008 December 03, 16:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Pescado get a deal with him, and get the server and the domaine name, i am afraid there will be another site without rules, where members can flame and insult each other, just like here and over at MATY.  Pescado is allergic to rules, so this is a bit of a concern to me.

Competely true. But i wouldn't compare Pescado and Walt. So you see, the reason for my question, is to know what is going to happen, before i can make up my mind, if i want to use Insim or not.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2696 on: 2008 December 03, 16:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I go to sleep for a few hours, blow my nose (I have a terrible cold right now), and there are several pages added to this message. Oh to be caught up....

I did go in to site-determined to email somebody-gave that up quickly-but landed on one message from Nov 27th where Walt tries to explain himself. I want all my downloads removed too, but cannot get in there long enough to do it myself. To no avail...

I have put up what was said on our site Here    This way you can read what was said, in Walt's own wording!

Skye honey, please stop talking.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2697 on: 2008 December 03, 16:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hai - over on GOS Bloom has come out of the closet as a Walt fanjerk. My first instinct is to pillage and burn, however that isn't the nicest thought while he is still free. Thankfully I don't have any of this person's stuff in my game - I'd need a bath for the computer.

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=7852.615;topicseen

I know that Bloom is omg free creator, and that lots of people like his stuff, but he has pissed me off so much at this point...

I was upset at this attitude as well, but at least in the end he bothered to argue his point (badly, I'll admit) instead of just going "Nope, don't like the guy". And this has nothing to do with Bloom being ZOMG FREE!!eleventy1!! but if he doesn't want his stuff burninated, that's his right. We can't go deleting his stuff just because we don't like his attitude. That would be all kinds of wrong.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: 2008 December 03, 16:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime anyone goes to that site he's earning advertising revenue, even when it says the server is busy.
Not anymore, he doesn't. The advertising modules were crippled during the rioting.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: 2008 December 03, 16:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoever thought of this. BRAVO!

WIN!

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »