PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:43:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 909955 times)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2205 on: 2008 December 03, 00:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

exactly!

If you start getting in to shades of grey you're lost. Regardless of what K&E were doing with donations, it didn't have a price tag on it, so it doesn't fall under our jurisdiction. I totally understand your point Tabby, and call me naive, but I really think we need to hold ourselves to a higher moral standard.

For me it's black and white. If it must be paid for it's ours. If not, hands off.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
chynna
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: 2008 December 03, 00:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just give up the entire wussy "sleep" thing. That's what I do, and it works out great! The dementia is all in your head, anyway. You can just ignore it.

I'll have you know that the side effect of teaching middle school is dementia - whether there is sleep or not!  The nickname I earned at my place of employment is the "Evil Queen", and it's been well earned.  Wink  but by God those little darlings are going to learn something one way or another.

And another nearly 25 pages.....I am going to have to forego something to keep up..... Undecided
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2207 on: 2008 December 03, 00:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My take on the InSim is that its just mangled EAxis code, therefore up for grabs. I'm not suggesting anyone redistribute their individual creations where they made textures against their TOS, but lets be honest, every part of the InSim came from the game. That's why it was so funny back in the day when Eric got butthurt about Pes using code that Eric had gotten to first when Pes hacked Lethe_s cauldron.

EA owns the InSim, start to finish, because Eric did not make a single part of it from scratch, just spent time manipulating the existing code. I have no issues with InSim being redistributed, on a graveyard site, my site, whatever - at least while it is considered "up to date". What's the difference between this hack and any other hack that shared after the creator Soups from the community? This isn't special.

That being said, it doesn't need to be on PMBD, or the WFIS, but it has a right to be shared.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: 2008 December 03, 00:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ If that's the case, it's legally Walts.
I think in any case, it's legally EAxis  Wink

Sharp! I agree with that too. But it was always "free" so it joins that gray area where the wishes of the creator are respected. But like I said, since the code is EaXis, couldn't it just be cloned and called something else?
In time people will forget "InSim" which perhaps is what is bringing down some members? History after all is history.

Ninj'd by Skadi!

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Foxybaby
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: 2008 December 03, 00:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just another thing I was worried about the Wart doing was selling our e-mail addresses as a mailing list-he seems the type.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2210 on: 2008 December 03, 00:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just another thing I was worried about the Wart doing was selling our e-mail addresses as a mailing list-he seems the type.

Oh frack, you're absolutely right. He does want to make a profit and he's pissed off. No way to tell though is there? Check your spam folders people  Cheesy

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: 2008 December 03, 00:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we did that, hosted his hack without his permission, we may as well join DL, you know? Even though we got the shaft, we can't turn into a bunch of shaftheads!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Smeagol
ARR!

Trixsy hobbitses!

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: 2008 December 03, 00:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically in order for everyone to agree, we need some brilliant person to "re-create" a new insimenator type item. Makes me wish I had the skills......

We wants it, we needs it, must have... the booty... Precious!

"Or better yet, sell 'I survived the INSIM thanksgiving Day Massacre' tee-shirts." SoggyFox
count four
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: 2008 December 03, 00:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been thinking about it, and I believe the only InSiminator function I'd really miss (like I'd miss a lost leg, to be honest) is universal teleport.  If there is another hack that provides universal teleport, I'd love to know where to find it.

Otherwise, whatevah. There are plenty of other mods to handle InSim functions, and it's a piece of bloatware anyway.  
Naria
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: 2008 December 03, 00:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Everything tastes good with ketchup  Wink
Yes, I know, worthless post. Had to say it.
We're all very grateful to Pes, but if people keep coming out with it he might just decide to scrap it all so he doesn't have to put up with all the hugs.

Okay, maybe you are right. Ketchup does make everything taste better ... or, almost everything.

And I promise, I'm not the one for hugs. If you'd like me to retract my gratitude and call everyone offensive names, I'm more prone to that kind of thing anyway.

As for the InSim, after the update for Apartment Life ... what was there really to be done? Even if Walt, who is a no good assclown, said Eric would update it, that doesn't mean he would. Throw it to the fire, the Blender is better anyway. I don't intend to speak for everyone from the InSim community, but I was not there for the hack, I use others. I was there for the people, for the content that others posted on the site. They are what made it worth anything, not the InSim machine itself, that can go out the window for all this one person cares.
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: 2008 December 03, 00:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hold up Skye, of course your creations are yours. Everyone who contributed outside of Eric and Kath should get their stuff back and should have a say where their stuff is getting hosted.
That is why Oasis is very important right now, it's where the organisation for the rebirth is taking place. All members should be active in there, and if not, should be contacted so they could at least say "Aye" or "Nay".

InSim (the hack) is what I was talking about, because Eric put it in the conditions over the SALE of the site (by saying he was going to support it for a year). He had every right to do that, it was his fucking toy in the end.
Is InSIM (the hack) enough to keep Walt in business?

No prob deelink, I was just 'venting' at no one in particular-no arrows pointed at any one person hon. Sorry if you took it that way, k?

I'm just steamed that it's taking so long to let the smoke clear this time.  I do have a question though. Is all this 'meltdown' of the site because people are 'rubbernecking' the wreckage??  Or is there really something wrong with the site?  

I have been looking farther to find other sites to let in on the news. I have an account on tagged, facebook, myspace, snootysims, sapphiresims, plus many others who I am making sure have this information.  Some were already informed.  One gal I corrected. She was posting in there about the train wreck that is insim, and to 'go in there while you can, to get all the stuff you want while there's still a site'  that took me as funny, but it is that kind of thinking that is slowing down progress.  I am just wondering how many others have that kind of panic going on. That kind of traffic could be the prob, right?  That's what I figured, anyways.

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2216 on: 2008 December 03, 00:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically in order for everyone to agree, we need some brilliant person to "re-create" a new insimenator type item. Makes me wish I had the skills......

No need, Sims Blender works absolutely fine as a substitue and TJ will probably keep an eye on the Insim drama as well. It could easily be the new Insim (heck, it practically is already)

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: 2008 December 03, 00:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sharp! I agree with that too. But it was always "free" so it joins that gray area where the wishes of the creator are respected. But like I said, since the code is EaXis, couldn't it just be cloned and called something else?
In time people will forget "InSim" which perhaps is what is bringing down some members? History after all is history.

Ninj'd by Skadi!

This is basically what I was trying to say, albeit in my very own clumsy way. It does irritate me that anyone would not host InSIM because of respect for K or E.

And no, I dont think that by hosting it would make anyone like DL. She is posting things that belong to people that are still in the community. Eric was apparently paid handsomely to fuck off and die. Besides it is just Maxis code and a Maxis object. Eric didn't do anything special.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: 2008 December 03, 00:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more question.

If Eric and Kathy no longer want to be a part of the community, why would they care what happens to the insimenator hack?  Unless it's for the glory, it would make no difference to whomever if another person were to do the same darn thing, and make some new actions to go with it. 

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2219 on: 2008 December 03, 00:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem, I think, is that Insimenator.net is still alive and still free, and the hack is still available there, albeit without support. If he took the thing down and then fucked off, sure, he's not so special, the thing will get shared, just like people share stuff from creators who hae left the community and taken their stuff down. But it's not the case. Here, we just happen to dislike the person who owns the free site that has the hack, which makes it a tad more difficult. That's how I see it anyway.

EDIT: I'm getting hits from Insim on my blog. This makes me unhappy.  Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: