PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:44:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 909897 times)
simaholics
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2070 on: 2008 December 02, 19:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all here. I have not read through all 138 pages, will do so later. I know from the sim oasis that insimenator is being cloned and that we are all asked to stay off the site until cloning is completed. I have been spreading the news like wild fire warning people to stay off insim, but I keep on getting the question from them...How long?
Is there anyway you could give us an idea so we can answer those other people. They mostly want to get onto insim so that they can download their favourite creations before a creator pulls it off the site. Thanks so much for everything you are doing for insim. Smiley

Come and join us pirates on facebook as well Cheesy
Scotty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: 2008 December 02, 19:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't meaning to be defensive, was going more for a Maxwell Smart type of thing... I've been watching the series most the night cause I've not been able to sleep and have a massive headache. Gotta love Don Adams, though. Cheesy

Thats the first thing that popped into my head with the "Would you believe" comment. That used to be my favorite show. Smiley

Inge: Shut your Piehole.
ThatScaryChick
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2072 on: 2008 December 02, 19:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no way in hell I would offer Walt a dime for Insim, nor will I ever "donate" anything there again. I know there are some people who will be willing to donate and have, but after all the lying that Kathy and Eric did, I'm surprised people are still willing to hand over their money. I wonder if Walt is aware of this site and the others talking about how he has basically ruined the community? Maybe that is why he has decided to sell.

thatscarychick.com and simsoaps.com
What Lies Beneath (A sims soap opera comic strip.)
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2073 on: 2008 December 02, 19:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sherry we already paid for several months of that server!

No you didn't.  If that was the case you'd be able to take some kind of legal action to be able to recoup your goods.  I know you thought you did just like Walt thought he paid for a community, and files and several thousands of willing members who would donate. K&E conned you out of money thinking you paid for the server, and then turned around and sold it to Walt.  

I know what you intended to pay for when you gave K&E that money, but without real proof of ownership, you paid for nothing.  Walt owns the server, not you guys, and no amount of money anyone donated to insim can change that.  I can understand that sting of that might make you unwilling to pay the guy anything, but keep in mind you didn't pay for anything, you just donated a large sum of money that went to K&E.  

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2074 on: 2008 December 02, 19:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What really pisses me off is:

"...I'm really very concerned about this prior understanding that the community supposedly had with Kathy and Eric, the one that said that only server costs and domain fees were to be covered by donations and ad income. Obviously you can tell from what I wrote earlier that I don't think much of that approach..."

Supposedly? What we made it up? You don't think much of using the files in the only way we are legally allowed to? You don't think much of upholding the TOU to which we all agreed when installing the game - oh, wait, you never installed the game. So it's not his problem, it's ours. We're just too stupid to realize how much monies we could be making here, so Walt's going to fleece us to cover up his own management phail and move on. Uh, huh. Valuable life lesson in 3...2...

TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: 2008 December 02, 19:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all here. I have not read through all 138 pages, will do so later. I know from the sim oasis that insimenator is being cloned and that we are all asked to stay off the site until cloning is completed. I have been spreading the news like wild fire warning people to stay off insim, but I keep on getting the question from them...How long?
Is there anyway you could give us an idea so we can answer those other people. They mostly want to get onto insim so that they can download their favourite creations before a creator pulls it off the site. Thanks so much for everything you are doing for insim. Smiley

basically tell them what I been saying to my friends, just sit on your rear and waite for the clone to go up... we will have our downloads thier and if any of the creators moved and dont repost their stuff at the cloned site I have no doubt that a where are they now post will be up to make it easyer on all of us. So basically dont worry about downloading thier favorite stuff... it will still exist... just at new homes.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: 2008 December 02, 19:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've got a poll going among the staff, yeah. And no, not at the old site, so no worries about that bandwidth getting sopped up by our activities. We're keeping all of this away from the InSIM site, none of us want anything to do with the old name whatsoever. I'll let you know when I make my resignation post on InSIM, though, promise it's going to be a fun one to read, at a PG-13 level, though, of course. Cheesy

My obvious question is.. Sim Oasis appears to my eyes to be doing very well. Why don't you look at moving it somewhere more powerful and maybe make that everyone's new home? Everyone loves the layout and stuff. All it requires is more powerful server space and expanding out to include stuff like the old Insim downloads. That would be my suggestion anyway.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: 2008 December 02, 19:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pillage, pillage pillage! There must be plunder! No quarter to the infidel!

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: 2008 December 02, 19:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He doesn't think much, period.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Vod Kaknockers
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: 2008 December 02, 19:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What really pisses me off is:

"...I'm really very concerned about this prior understanding that the community supposedly had with Kathy and Eric, the one that said that only server costs and domain fees were to be covered by donations and ad income. Obviously you can tell from what I wrote earlier that I don't think much of that approach..."

Supposedly? What we made it up? You don't think much of using the files in the only way we are legally allowed to? You don't think much of upholding the TOU to which we all agreed when installing the game - oh, wait, you never installed the game. So it's not his problem, it's ours. We're just too stupid to realize how much monies we could be making here, so Walt's going to fleece us to cover up his own management phail and move on. Uh, huh. Valuable life lesson in 3...2...

I actually seem to recall Kathy stating in one of her beg-fests that there was no profit to be had.  Of course, I have to way of finding that post at the moment, and worse, I could be wrong. Tongue

'Cause beans and cornbread, they go hand in hand.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: 2008 December 02, 19:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walt owns the server

He does not!  He already said he was intending to change to a new one soon, which probably means the hosting agreement is not even going to be transferred to him.  There is no reason the hosting company would just accept any old tom dick or harry coming along and saying "well HELLO hosting company, you're now dealing with me, cos Eric said so!"  The contract a hosting company sets up is with an individual or with a company - a proper company.  Walt would have had to take out a new hosting account even if he used the same hosting company.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
simaholics
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: 2008 December 02, 19:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the advice TKPurrrrs Cheesy

Come and join us pirates on facebook as well Cheesy
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: 2008 December 02, 19:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He doesn't think much, period.

But he can't think with his head stuck so far up his ass.  Cheesy clueless Walt is clueless.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: 2008 December 02, 19:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do end up wanting to make a deal with Walt, the first step would have to be naming his actual price, then people can make a decision one way or another. If it's exhorbitantly high, it's going to be easier to say one big, fat "hell no" and move onto something new. The trouble with this conversation is when Walt's being very nonspecific, it's hard for us to be specific enough either.. but I still think you guys should look at building up Sim Oasis if it's possible and if you don't hate the idea.. it seems to be developing to be a really nice site.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: 2008 December 02, 20:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christ! 10 pages since I was last on. Why does everything explode when I'm not here to watch?  Cheesy

That said, Option 3 FTW. Leave that sucker holding the bag.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: