PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 00:04:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 908579 times)
catbyte
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1995 on: 2008 December 02, 18:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, seriously I think it's a bad idea to even suggest it.  A large number of InSim users will think you are seriously proposing to give money to this guy and the "donations" will come streaming in like obedient sheep.   I think the irony will be above the heads of a large proportion of people.

If that's the case then Option 3 is the way to go.
Roadkill
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: 2008 December 02, 18:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lurk-mode off

Pescado is being too nice to even think about giving him the money, but then I guess he's thinking about what's best for the regulars of InSim so that the site itself is freed and the 12s don't have to update bookmarks. You can say what you want Pescado, but your actions says you care. Thank you for your time and effort invested in this salvaging operation, you're a trustworthy man! I'm not going to say anything nicer, you might resent that.

How stupid does this Walt think the community is anyway?! Everyone knows that if you fuck up with an investment you claim your money back from the people who screwed you over. He should demand his money back from K&E, but we shall give him nothing but butthurt and send him straight to bed without dinner. If he's such a savy business-man then he should know never to risk more at an investment than you are willing to lose, that's the nature of business. And too bad for Walt, you lose this time. "Though luck, get over it"  Grin

I really do hope he goes to K&E for the money back and that they are stuck with a crippled site all alone on top of Mount FAIL! They screwed us all over and should be the ones taking the consequences!

Lurk-mode on
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: 2008 December 02, 18:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, seriously I think it's a bad idea to even suggest it.  A large number of InSim users will think you are seriously proposing to give money to this guy and the "donations" will come streaming in like obedient sheep.   I think the irony will be above the heads of a large proportion of people.

If that's the case then Option 3 is the way to go.

I second (third?) this.

I sing along with elevator music.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: 2008 December 02, 18:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back up.  Did Walt just suggest that WE pay for his shitty investment?  He's making a "deal"  with us to keep Insimenator.net a going concern if we turn our pockets inside out for him?  This really boggles me(even tho I'm half brain dead from speed reading this bloated thread.)  Why should we or anyone else care if the IP address stays alive?  What of value does Walt think he's selling??

It cracks me up.  He's making a DEAL with us?  No, he's offering us a way to contribute to the annual fund of  the Walt Family Business School of Phail.  No tax deduction for that. Roll Eyes  

FUCK. While I was typing 13 new replies have been posted.  Couldn't you all just take a break and walk around the block or something? Grin

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: 2008 December 02, 18:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just coming up to speed, but Walt sent me this in PM yesterday:

Delphy,

Would you be interested in acquiring InSimAdult?

Walt

I said sure but only for the domain and the files - not the server or anything else.  I have yet to see if I have an actual response yet. 

Also in other news, I was the one who said I'd offer to buy Insim/ISA originally.  Pescado isn't the first to offer that. Tongue

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2000 on: 2008 December 02, 18:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, I would like to know what his asking price is.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
count four
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: 2008 December 02, 18:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This guy dived head first into a situation (i.e., community) he didn't understand--and apparently, idiot that he is, didn't try to understand beforehand--and now he's whining because he's hit the bottom of the lake and found out that the fish are piranhas.

This is the lulziest shit I've seen on the internet since My Ponies Hate You.

Option 3 FTW.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2002 on: 2008 December 02, 18:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes - I'm sure once youget WFIS set up, you could do a donation drive for a server to run it on.  Probably easier at this point than option 2.

Or better yet, sell 'I survived the INSIM thanksgiving Day Massacre' tee-shirts.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: 2008 December 02, 18:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we still gotta pay for a server, Walt or no Walt. We can buy Walt's server, At Cost, relieving him of the burden and saving the effort of unpacking, or go through a lot of extra bother to repack about 100 GBs of crap. Incidentally, Walt will not be receiving the donations. I will appoint someone to screen those donations to make sure that the taps do not overflow, *AND* to cut the lines once the goal is reached. Just like on MATY, where we stopped accepting donations once the goal was met.

Walt will have to retrieve his ACTUAL money from Kathy. Given that server bills are normally paid monthly, it is quite likely we have sufficient funds to cover this immediately and he can be gone faster than the door can hit him in the ass. And I'm not a patient man, so if he drags his feet, he'll be left holding a server that will run at a loss AND probably get no donations because his inept server management is incapable of keeping the site up long enough for anyone to WANT to donate. Relieving him of his duties can only work out for him.

Of course, the offer is quite bad, from his point of view. He will refuse, and we will go ahead with the original plan anyway. But it's like I always say: "Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later."

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2004 on: 2008 December 02, 18:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just coming up to speed, but Walt sent me this in PM yesterday:

Delphy,

Would you be interested in acquiring InSimAdult?

Walt

I said sure but only for the domain and the files - not the server or anything else.  I have yet to see if I have an actual response yet. 

Also in other news, I was the one who said I'd offer to buy Insim/ISA originally.  Pescado isn't the first to offer that. Tongue

So what are you and Pescado going to do with your mutual interest in getting a hold of Insim?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2005 on: 2008 December 02, 18:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, I would like to know what his asking price is.

Not just out of curiosity for me. I want to know what his asking price is because it shows what he thinks he bought from K/E. We know he bought a server and some stuff to go with it, but does he? I don't get that impression.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2006 on: 2008 December 02, 18:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I've got a new sig - thanks, Pes.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: 2008 December 02, 18:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what are you and Pescado going to do with your mutual interest in getting a hold of Insim?

It's been communicated to me that people really don't want me involved in this going forward, so as far as I'm concerned this is all Pescado from now on, and thats fine.  Smiley

I'll help as and when people want shiny new things for download sorting and filtering.

« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 18:30:29 by Delphy » Logged
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2008 on: 2008 December 02, 18:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we still gotta pay for a server, Walt or no Walt. We can buy Walt's server, At Cost, relieving him of the burden and saving the effort of unpacking, or go through a lot of extra bother to repack about 100 GBs of crap. Incidentally, Walt will not be receiving the donations. I will appoint someone to screen those donations to make sure that the taps do not overflow, *AND* to cut the lines once the goal is reached. Just like on MATY, where we stopped accepting donations once the goal was met.

Walt will have to retrieve his ACTUAL money from Kathy. Given that server bills are normally paid monthly, it is quite likely we have sufficient funds to cover this immediately and he can be gone faster than the door can hit him in the ass. And I'm not a patient man, so if he drags his feet, he'll be left holding a server that will run at a loss AND probably get no donations because his inept server management is incapable of keeping the site up long enough for anyone to WANT to donate. Relieving him of his duties can only work out for him.

Of course, the offer is quite bad, from his point of view. He will refuse, and we will go ahead with the original plan anyway. But it's like I always say: "Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later."

Actually, that is a really sound plan that will cause a lot of squirming, on Walt's part.  Like you said too, there is going to be server costs to pay out either way, so why not cause some discomfort and possibly save time with the set up.  I vote for this plan, just because it's so well thought out and devious in a fabulous way!

And Delphy, it was really great of you to step in and help.  It was also noted that you were really quick in trying to stop this mess, by offering to buy the site, right away.  Thank you for that.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: 2008 December 02, 18:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not just out of curiosity for me. I want to know what his asking price is because it shows what he thinks he bought from K/E. We know he bought a server and some stuff to go with it, but does he? I don't get that impression.
There's no evidence that he bought a server, really, either. Intel has shown no evidence he has moved anything on his own, and indeed, such a task seems quite daunting, given how much trouble we've had doing the same! As such, we know he does not have a server, or if he does, it is of no relevance to us.

Well, a domain is worth about $10. The files are worth $0. Without the server, that means your offer is $10. Tongue

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: