PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 19:46:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 908520 times)
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1875 on: 2008 December 02, 03:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think for a lot of us its just easier to pick, pock and prod the stranger, than let out how we feel about a betrayal by one of our own.

Oh, my heart is big enough to hold hatred for all three of them.

heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: 2008 December 02, 03:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What makes him think that if money is tight people are going to spend it on something they can easily get for free and most importantly don't need?  I'd fear if I was someone who was relying on donations of any kind, and if money gets that tight for me, there are only a few causes that I would really stretch my pockets for, and none of them are going to be sim sites (no offense sim owners but I'd rather have people eat). 

I didn't think of that, too. It's a little like expecting to make money off a charity for something most people would say comes far after more immediate concerns... Say, a charity for unhappy hamsters opposed to a charity for homeless veterans. Which one is going to get more donations? The second. While insim is not a charity, it is supposedly run on donation money, and I doubt many donations will be finding there way to Walt right now.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1877 on: 2008 December 02, 04:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think for a lot of us its just easier to pick, pock and prod the stranger, than let out how we feel about a betrayal by one of our own.

Kathy and Eric are gone, and while I personally don't think Walt is nearly at the same level of fault as either of them, there is only so much we can say about Kathy and Eric at this point.  Walt just keeps on putting himself out there.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
chynna
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: 2008 December 02, 04:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A person can't sleep or work and keep up!  Another 30 pages since last night and the drama continues....unfortunately it's time to start all over again and I'll be behind again....damn there's not enough hours in the day! 
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1879 on: 2008 December 02, 04:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*gives Chynna some extra hours*  I'm not using them, I'm getting some sleep.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: 2008 December 02, 04:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need to set up a system, we'll all take turns sleeping.  Cheesy
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: 2008 December 02, 04:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you don't know what that is, but it means that I make more money off of poor people when times are bad. So what do you say to investing? If you disagree, blink once. If you agree, blink twice and I'll give you back your feeding tube."

Ok I know I'm behind, but this made me snort milk all over my screen.  Kiss

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
caphiera
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: 2008 December 02, 05:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

de-lurking just to say, "thanks for the lulz"

some people are just too stupid for their own good.  Walty needs to let go mommy's skirt hems and man up to the fact that he is 1) made of fail and 2) eyeball deep in something he'll never be able to fix.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: 2008 December 02, 05:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just give up the entire wussy "sleep" thing. That's what I do, and it works out great! The dementia is all in your head, anyway. You can just ignore it.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Scotty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: 2008 December 02, 05:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he's not a Sims 2 fan what good is he?? If he doesn't know anything about this great community! What is he going to do? Buy all the games to understand this great community.. what ever!!! Anyway it's sad to see a site that what was once a great site be taken over by someone that doesn't even know the game or anything about the community of simmers, I could never do that I have had a site for about year and I have updated for the Sims 3 and I am still working on it, we have do not a huge member base but it's made cause I love the game and the community it's sad when people loose the ability to maintain their site due to financial issues. I am sad to see both Imsim and Insim adult changing hands, I do hope to open an adult version of SimsValley3 really soon... wow still in shock cause who buys a site for a huge community when they know NOTHING about the people with in it? I just don't get it. Like I said sux to see it going out like that.

SimsValley

I dont think he will EVER understand the community. He can buy all the games, EPs and stuff packs and play til the cows come home, and he will still never get it. He can go around to the various fan sites, and read them, and he still wont understand.  Most of us have been a part of the community for years. I've been around since Sims 1 hit the shelves. Hell, the GSC has been around nearly that long too. I've seen so much drama and bullshit over the years, it isnt even funny. (N99, T$R, etc)

Walt has NO idea what he's gotten himself into. He still thinks he will have a site to run after all the is said and done. Maybe some of the N00bs will stick around, but all the regulars, those of us that have been around for so long, will jump off that sinking ship.

I do not feel a bit sorry for Walt, if he was that stupid to fall for the bullshit that Kathy and Eric fed him, then he gets what he deserves.

Inge: Shut your Piehole.
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: 2008 December 02, 05:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wrote to one of the moderators on snootysims, in the forum area...gave them a quick rundown--plus the links.  I hope that will stop folks from zipping over there as well.

I know, sometimes that's a sure way to get them to go there, but here's hoping....
 Wink

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
deathtowalt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: 2008 December 02, 07:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw a link at The Oasis to a SnootySims thread where someone asked as to what was going on with InSIM. One girl stated that Walt was K&E's 'technical friend' and another one claimed that K&E offered her the site like they did good ol' Walt. Both had multi-thousand post count totals there but seriously didn't seem to have a clue as to what actually transpired regarding InSIM. Delusions of grandeur?
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: 2008 December 02, 07:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least they are at snooty sims not here.  It's so quiet on this thread I think the rum was victorious.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: 2008 December 02, 08:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

better off purchasing a community for a game like World of Warcraft or something, one would think, since everyone pretty much knows what that game is even if they don't play it, and there's no "World of Warcraft 3" coming out that would potentially take away a lot of traffic and members of the community.

Actually, no, he wouldn't be better off buying a game for another game, especially WoW. Sims is an aberration in the game community, there is no other game out there that has a fan base that is willing to spend money on fan created content. In fact, when this phenomenon is even mentioned to most other gamers, they laugh their asses off at how fucking stupid the sims community is for letting that shit happen. I say it wouldn't work especially for a game like WoW, because as an MMO everything is run on server side, and so all mods are cosmetic or user interface related at most and don't even effect game mechanics in any large way, other than maybe where you put your buttons.

On most game sites, the only way people are able to run large fan sites is through advertisements, which are annoying but cost players nothing, or voluntary donations which generally do not get them extra content, except perhaps extra features on the site. Sound familiar? What we're basically fighting tooth and nail for is normal everywhere else in the gaming world. People aren't supposed to profit off of fan sites.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: 2008 December 02, 08:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, when this phenomenon is even mentioned to most other gamers, they laugh their asses off at how fucking stupid the sims community is for letting that shit happen.

Maybe Walt thought he could come over here and do that too.  Maybe some one convinced him that we were so gullible we would swallow anything he threw at us.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: