PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:30:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 10 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 894440 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1140 on: 2008 November 30, 17:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, no one post anything for about 4 hours.  I have to make a road trip and I don't want to miss anything.  Grin

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1141 on: 2008 November 30, 17:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(This is directed towards Freeshitonly and NotApsalar) BOTH of you shut the hell up because you sound like a couple of six year olds screaming about a goddamn toy! You are not helping the situation at ALL. If Pescado uses SMF, I can help the rest of the staff learn it, it's not that ruddy hard! Would you please save it until it's all a done deal! CHRIST!

What the fuck are you doing? They have just as much right to discuss things here as you do.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 2008 November 30, 17:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but I wouldn't like the insim being just a game object of some epic "Pes vs. Delphy" war either and right now it feels like that's what it's heading towards.

Its not - Pes is doing his damn hardest to make sure he saves everything he can incase Walt, one of the reasons why he's working his ass off, decides to pull the plug and you loose everything over there (i.e. creations etc). Delphy asked Walt before Pes started doing this if he wanted to sell the site to him as he could tell that he had no experience what-so-ever how to work a site and a sims 2 site for that matter. Both of them have and still are trying to save your home, appreciate their work will you? Roll Eyes

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: 2008 November 30, 17:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Security threats to the other sites Pescado hosts, like this one and MATY, have to be taken seriously. If VB is going to screw with the servers/make headaches/stress the guy putting it all together out - then hey, maybe it isn't worth the huge amount of money VB creators want for it.

Do you run your game as is, or with a no-cd crack? Do you like the taste of SecuRom in the morning? I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence, but come on - the differences between VB and SMF are small enough in light of everything else that's happening to Insim.

I for one really didn't expect the save effort to be anything like it is - I saw something along the lines of sharing threads around for the items potentially lost, with all of the Insim users just... having to find somewhere new. It almost seems like a lot of people are taking it for granted that there's a HUGE community out there to help you guys out.

I'm not naming names, and I know everyone (including us non-Insim pirates) is stressed out right now, but come on guys - think before attacking each other/flipping out.

Paden excluded, because you wouldn't be you without the anger posts Smiley
Bliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 2008 November 30, 17:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, no one post anything for about 4 hours.  I have to make a road trip and I don't want to miss anything.  Grin

It is time to invest in a BlackBerry!  
pierreandreply
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: 2008 November 30, 17:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you very much delphy and from my point of view as an insim member you would make the forums much easyer to search through.

Pierre Wink
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: 2008 November 30, 17:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apsalar, seriously.  One can have a preference.  I'm sure you have yours.  I'm on a simple machines forum right now so obviously I know how to work one, use one, etc.  That would explain whether or not i'm "ready to work" and switch to a new format.  I've been registered here for over two years (maybe) so i'm more than ready.

I personally don't give a shit WHAT format InSim is switched to.  I just gave a fucking opinion.  Which are like assholes... which you and I both have... which makes us one. You, me, we baby, we. Shall we dance?

LOL @ Paden.. how are you gonna say (This is directed towards Freeshitonly) and then say BOTH of you.  Woman you crack me up!  Tongue
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: 2008 November 30, 17:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoyed Paden is annoyed.

I did not scream and I was not going to either. I just spotted a really big hole in FreeShitOnly's ship of Argument and was curious about whether he/she was considering mending it or if the ship would go down. I'm all for watching a ship wreck though.  Wink

*shares rum with anyone that wants*

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: 2008 November 30, 18:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of interest, was vBulletin fees a part of what started the whole "we need monies NAO!" mess in the first place (before they started being unscrupulous with the donations that is)?
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: 2008 November 30, 18:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing getting wrecked around these parts is my sobriety.  *snatches rum bottle*

There are no 'holes' in ones' preference.  Me likes it cuz me likes it.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: 2008 November 30, 18:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(This is directed towards Freeshitonly and NotApsalar) BOTH of you shut the hell up because you sound like a couple of six year olds screaming about a goddamn toy! You are not helping the situation at ALL. If Pescado uses SMF, I can help the rest of the staff learn it, it's not that ruddy hard! Would you please save it until it's all a done deal! CHRIST!

What the fuck are you doing? They have just as much right to discuss things here as you do.

And besides, some of us quite like watching people fight Smiley

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: 2008 November 30, 18:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you.

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 2008 November 30, 18:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I was able to get the two of you to stop arguing, sometimes a shock like that can bring minds back together. Look, I know you guys are worried about the site and what's happening. So am I. Very worried. I've got a few homes on the net, and that was one of them. I also worked there and thought that the people that took off were actually friends. Big disillusionment, you know?

VBulletin is a massive pain in the ass to manage for a mod, SMF is way easier. But, I can use either one. It's up to Pescado and those involved in finance to take care of shit like that. I don't have the money to give, the budget here is tighter than William Shatner's girdle during the second season of the original Star Trek. All I can give is my time, and that I have done/am doing. Let's just get the stuff from the database before we start arguing about what is gonna get used where.

The mods and admins DO want to change some policies, I know that for damn sure. We WANT to be able to freely mention PMBD and link and offer alternatives. As far as I know, that's gonna happen. There are things we're trying to talk over getting done and changed and keeping and it's just a very confusing time. Now, if you'll please excuse me, all, I need an ice pack for my wrist, it's swollen past what the brace can hold. Good thing we've got snow going outside, cause we don't have room in the freezer for ice.

And, Apsalar, I forgot about your name change! Please accept my apologies for that. FreeShitOnly, please, could ya pass the rum when you've had your swig??

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: 2008 November 30, 18:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*passes rum and xanax to Paden*  Grin

On a serious note, i'm only a member of InSim, have been since 06.  NOT STAFF.  I've been an admin on another non-sims related vB board before also.  My 'preference' has more to do familiarity than anything else.

To me, Ultrastreet Fight 8: SMF vs vB is really minor right now and shouldn't even be a worry for any of us.  There are more important kinks being worked on right now all of which have been touched on in the 77 pages we've been discussing this.
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 2008 November 30, 18:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, Apsalar, I forgot about your name change! Please accept my apologies for that.
Apology accepted. It kind of brought back old memories. There's a whole story behind the name change; some day I might tell you it, if you lure me into some dark corner and bribe me with enough rum to make me almost incoherent.  Tongue

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: