PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 06:52:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 907975 times)
Mirabilia
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1035 on: 2008 November 30, 09:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

70 pages...wow! 

I was an InSim regular for a few months before RL got in the way, then I mostly lurked.  I didn't know what was going on until a friend posted about it on MySpace.

Thanks TK, for letting me know the forum was gone.

Thanks, Pescado, for doing your best to grab what's left of the site.  I look forward to whatever you come up with, as I'm sure it'll be better than ever.

And hello, Pirates! I look forward to getting to know you.  I'm sure I recognize some of you, but you "look" a little different in your eye patches.  Or maybe I've had too much rum.

jokerswild
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 2008 November 30, 09:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of you really know me so take this for what you will but none of it is meant to be offensive, to bash or to take anyone's side. I think there's plenty of that around this whole affair and I, out of reflex, have already contributed my small part early on.

After reading every single post in this thread and many at the Insim sites yesterday, I saw a lot of people pretty upset about "Our Site". I too once considered it that way and I didn't contribute near as much as many others. Yet, I too was totally pissed for a bit. But then I realized something I had over looked. The old Forum Jedi Mind Trick!!! I've played this one on myself a few times before.

I'm not taking sides on the Eric and Kathy thing. I will say, they offered sites for many to share our hobby for some time, and apparently they pissed a lot of people off in the end.  That doesn't seem right. But just to point out a hard cold fact. They owned the site. Old FORUM JEDI MIND TRICK>>>It never did belong to the community. That's the way with many sites. In the end the community shouldn't be indignant about "Our Site" for it never really was, it was the Jedi mind trick.Why waste any more time to morn, piss and moan about something that never was. Let's move on to something that is hopefully better.

Walt, whomever this person might be, apparently didn't know to much if anything about these communities. That is about all I can say from what I've seen in his few posts. Other than that, he remains a nobody to me. Wait that's not entirely true. I did have the thought of a market plan for dart boards. It was only for the Benjamins and I didn't file for a patent.

Maybe it's just me but the whole name thing kind of had me thinking. Even though the names I see mentioned are amusing, commemorative and inventive they still seem to in some way refer to what has happened. Why make any reference at all to what is happening? Spite? How can a site truely have a new beggining when the very name is tainted with bad thoughts?

So that's my current thoughts on the whole mess. Take them for what they are worth. Use them if you can and ignore them if you can't. It's nice to be able to voice them openly. I really don't want to debate any of this post, it's just offered as food for thought.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 30, 10:09:15 by jokerswild » Logged
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 2008 November 30, 09:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Jokerswild.. the way things run in the Sims community, it's a "community" which means that it belongs to everyone who choses to be a part of it, and everyone has a stake in it. So the person who owns the site while they're the figurehead and make the decisions, they're nothing without the people behind them.. Which is why I'm always very careful with the people I work with on RYG and Sublime.. I'm not saying I don't make mistakes, I do.. but I'm very aware that they own things and have a stake as much as me. It's a two-way trade or it doesn't work.

The people who're upset about this are upset about it because they've poured their heart and soul into this site, helped Kathy and Eric out and gotten nowhere.. so they've got a right to feel how they feel. It's an each to their own thing.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Lael
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: 2008 November 30, 09:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No debate needed, Jokerswild. I think what you said makes very real sense about moving on. And a healthy attitude too. Good on you, bloke.

*passes the rum bottle over*
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1039 on: 2008 November 30, 09:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

btw. jokerswild.  A little suggestion.  Don't double post.  There's a button if you look, that says 'modify'.  Its your bestest friend in the whole wild world, and will save you from the acidic tongues of other pirates.  This site ain't sugar coated like most forums are.  Slip up and you get toasted, nicely.  Trust me on this one.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
jokerswild
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 2008 November 30, 10:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

btw. jokerswild.  A little suggestion.  Don't double post.  There's a button if you look, that says 'modify'.  Its your bestest friend in the whole wild world, and will save you from the acidic tongues of other pirates.  This site ain't sugar coated like most forums are.  Slip up and you get toasted, nicely.  Trust me on this one.

Thanks,edited it several times in Word but missed that typo before the actual post, I figured there was a button somewhere but not that familiar with SMF layout and my hover search didn't locate it Probably because I was looking for "Edit".

I noticed the forum tone but thanks for the heads up any way.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: 2008 November 30, 10:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is complete carnage!   It's not something I am particularly affected by player-wise as the only files I ever downloaded from there were by Squinge, and we know he already has everything safe.   I am not even affected emotionally as I always found the forums a complete turnoff, other than where there was some fight going on, but even they got frustrating as usually someone closed the threads just as it was getting good.  Smiley

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Rata_Chen
ARR!

One Bad Apple

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 2008 November 30, 10:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I leave for a week and, DAMN! This is bull. InSim was not my #1 go-to site, but they housed damn good genetics that I loved in-game. Now, I don't even want to (can't) access the site for the goodies that I need to re-download. I can't wait for Waltergate to be over...

But, killer effort y'all. Hopefully all of the downloads, not just those of the "big" creators, will be secured on a new site before too long.

Pescado, awesome, managing to secure the downloads while inadvertently crashing the site...kudos!

Edit: Can someone explain Warplan Beige auf English? Ich bin sehr konfus.  Huh
« Last Edit: 2008 November 30, 19:10:30 by Rata_Chen » Logged
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: 2008 November 30, 10:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rant ahead:

The community paid for that site. You damn well bet it was the community's site. Kathy just popped in occasionally to bitch and whine and blackmail. As for the insiminator, it's just in-game cheats applied to in-game graphics. Yeah, boy howdy, Kathy and Eric sure did a fuck of a lot for everyone, didn't they.

You know what, I'm really ticked off that no one, including me, called Kathy and Eric to the carpet for their bullcrap. So many of us saw that something seriously fishy was happening. We didn't say anything because it was a "free" site, and because anyone who tried to go up against Kathy would be screamed at by her and many of her followers. That's fucked up.

I think paysites are at least partly to blame for this. The Sims community is ready to lay down and worship at the feet of anyone who runs a free site, no matter what shit the freesite owner pulls. This is NOT NORMAL. Other gaming communities do not do this. In other communities, shockingly, it's quite normal for modders/hackers/creators to thank people who use their products. Here, because of paysites, if a creator doesn't charge, they are apparently to be worshiped and never questioned. After all, no matter how much disgusting bullshit owners of freesites pull, they're free so let us worship. It's outrageous.

AnubisDaughter
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 2008 November 30, 10:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have lurked here for a very long time.  I have lurked simply because I have been trying to avoid being beaten with any concrete filled crockery.  But I am prepared to be beaten to death-with-all-things-concrete now, because to stay quiet at this time just doesn't sit right with me.

I believe that the integrity, generosity of spirit, and selflessness displayed by the Pirate King, himself, and those who are working tirelessely (or tired, as the case may be) along side him, speaks volumes about everything that is good and noble about PMBD and what it stands for.  Big words are spoken here, but they are backed up by big deeds, and 'Warplan Beige' is one mighty big deed, imo.

Although the 'demise' of Insim is shocking and sad, I am a happy member of the Sims community tonight.  I am happy, because I am a member of a community that contains persons like your good selves.

PMBD may be despised by some (imo ignorant) people in the community, but I feel nothing but pride for this place, and the people here.  I also feel pride in the members of other forums who are trying to get the word out to stay away from Insim while Pescado does his thing.  People are banding together and it is truely inspiring.

Yeah, I know that this is a rather soppy post.  But I am moved, damn it!  Bloody well moved by the efforts being made by those who are offering a helping hand at a time of need.

Ok.  Hit me with something concrete, or pass me some rum.  It's time to STFU now  Wink
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 2008 November 30, 10:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there no way to deter or prevent access to everyone except Pescado?

As for Warplan Beige, I'm guessing that Pescado has got the core server files for InSIM. Everything on InSIMadult (with "damaged" probably referring to missing files pillaged during the riot looting or some sort of corrupted transfer) and has an unknown status on the InSIM files. That's how it came across to me anyway. Throw me into the vat of boiling sharks if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 30, 10:47:34 by Pirate Alex » Logged
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 2008 November 30, 10:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ISA files were truncated by a cheezserver meltage. They are thus "incomplete" and many attachments and other whatnots are MIA. We will attempt to retrieve them. Coretexts have already been captured.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
BlackBeards Bitch
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 2008 November 30, 11:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck with all'a this Pes...hell of a task to take on!!!
Ive managed to stay clear on the Wart-Zone since I heard and that's a miricle.... just keep refreshing here instead. Eledhel has the stuff by ElvenRanger backed up if you didnt get it.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: 2008 November 30, 11:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, at times during this operation, have you felt ever so slightly like Canute? 

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 2008 November 30, 11:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, at times during this operation, have you felt ever so slightly like Canute?
Not particularly. For one, *I* would never have anything to do with ANY EMMA!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: