PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 07:34:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 905227 times)
Lael
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1020 on: 2008 November 30, 07:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are plenty of lost souls that don't have a clue or know about the potential resurrection of the site at the hands of the Pirate King. Given the sheer number of people away for the weekend and getting home and trying to log on, I really am not all that surprised. Realistically, only a fraction of the InSim members know what Pescado is doing and though we try to get the word out and around, most of them can't be reached. Also those that only come on sporadically, they wouldn't know either. With a huge membership, plus lookie loos that don't give a crap one way or another... what do we do?
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 2008 November 30, 07:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I checked GP's section for myself before Friday evening's meltdown, all the attachments in the section were "awol", guest recolors and all.  Are those also restoreable, or are they pretty much moot since the "deletion"?

I took a nap and three pages popped up!
Hm, does this mean the evil Walt might be able to get his new toys back as well?

Yeah, the 300 visitors were probably the 12s. I don't recall the average number of visitors to that site at any given time, but I'm sure it was a lot larger than that.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1022 on: 2008 November 30, 07:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No info on any of the sites of value about what was going on, so I posted and ran so I wouldn't get glomped by their 12ness.

Cheesy Next 12 I see, I'm gonna make them glomp you.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
rosess
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: 2008 November 30, 07:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The threads themselves may be able to be brought back, but how about those deleted attachments for them also?  When I checked GP's section for myself before Friday evening's meltdown, all the attachments in the section were "awol", guest recolors and all.  Are those also restoreable, or are they pretty much moot since the "deletion"?
For the non-Sims site I work on, there is an option for mods and up to remove attachments when deleting posts.  Not sure if they use it, but I have never had a problem restoring attachments when necessary.  Besides, at worst you go back to the last database or server backup.

Items can still be deleted in protest and a fuss made if they are restored without permission, but for the time being, deleting anything just increases the number of people who see the rug pulled out from under them.
Lael
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: 2008 November 30, 07:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I checked GP's section for myself before Friday evening's meltdown, all the attachments in the section were "awol", guest recolors and all.  Are those also restoreable, or are they pretty much moot since the "deletion"?

I took a nap and three pages popped up!
Hm, does this mean the evil Walt might be able to get his new toys back as well?

Yeah, the 300 visitors were probably the 12s. I don't recall the average number of visitors to that site at any given time, but I'm sure it was a lot larger than that.

Actually, with my random hour lurkerness, the #'s I can recall are between 350 to 600 at a go.
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: 2008 November 30, 07:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, with my random hour lurkerness, the #'s I can recall are between 350 to 600 at a go.

Darn. Then apparently a lot more people than I thought are either not hearing the message to stay away or completely disregarding it.
kattenijin
Landlubber

Gnarrraaahhhhh!

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: 2008 November 30, 08:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No info on any of the sites of value about what was going on, so I posted and ran so I wouldn't get glomped by their 12ness.

Cheesy Next 12 I see, I'm gonna make them glomp you.

Nonononononono!!! I'm still recovering from the nephews and nieces from Thanksgiving! This time of year always reminds me why I don't want kids of my own.

350-600 seems kind of low to me, about a quarter to half of the normal total.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: 2008 November 30, 08:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Items can still be deleted in protest and a fuss made if they are restored without permission, but for the time being, deleting anything just increases the number of people who see the rug pulled out from under them.
Actually, all information available suggests that there IS no backup, at least not one that is COMPLETE in any way, and if the site is incinerated by, say, someone deleting all the attachments, or Liegenschonheit removing a few DB tables, Hasta la Vista, Baby.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lael
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: 2008 November 30, 08:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was on InSim at extremely odd hours... 2am, 10am, such and so forth. Dunno, like I said, that is just what I can recall. I didn't always look at how many people were there when I lurked.
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 2008 November 30, 08:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The threads themselves may be able to be brought back, but how about those deleted attachments for them also?  When I checked GP's section for myself before Friday evening's meltdown, all the attachments in the section were "awol", guest recolors and all.  Are those also restoreable, or are they pretty much moot since the "deletion"?
For the non-Sims site I work on, there is an option for mods and up to remove attachments when deleting posts.  Not sure if they use it, but I have never had a problem restoring attachments when necessary.  Besides, at worst you go back to the last database or server backup.

Actually, all information available suggests that there IS no backup, at least not one that is COMPLETE in any way, and if the site is incinerated by, say, someone deleting all the attachments, or Liegenschonheit removing a few DB tables, Hasta la Vista, Baby.

Ah, I see.  Thanks for the info.   Smiley
kattenijin
Landlubber

Gnarrraaahhhhh!

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: 2008 November 30, 08:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh! Fire! I wanna be in at the burning, I'll bring marshmallows and rum for all.

Wait...

Um, no rum, how about Courvoisier?
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: 2008 November 30, 08:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a "business" man, Walt is made up of so much phail. I imagine mommy banrolled his latest "investment". Now she gets to hear at some point in time, her precious son has phailed yet again.
I did watch that video where he sat in front of the goofy wallpaper and tried to sell his on-line website. Yup, I'm sooo gonna contact him after seeing that to have him promote me in my business attempt on the internetz.
Oh yeah, I'm gonna want some idiot like him to assist me, when other sites offer the exact same thing, only the spokeperson or owner at least knows how to put forward a professional sales presentation.
Makes you wonder how many other so-called "investment" mommy has bankrolled. Keep it up Walt, that inheritance you are counting on isn't going to last forever.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: 2008 November 30, 08:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did watch that video where he sat in front of the goofy wallpaper and tried to sell his on-line website.

You mean the Nemo wallpaper?
Who wants to bet that's his basement bedroom in his mother's house.  Cheesy
Aarron
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: 2008 November 30, 09:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are plenty of lost souls that don't have a clue or know about the potential resurrection of the site at the hands of the Pirate King.

True. If i hadent googled for more info on what was going on i'd probly still be trying to log in to see what was up. Still, would of thought the 300 odd peeps would of had the good sence to do the same.
Lael
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: 2008 November 30, 09:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aarron, if it is 12's, they may not have thought of that. That age bracket can get extremely one-track and stubborn about it. If memory serves, once upon a really long ago, I was known to keep at a video game for hours until I beat the damn thing. It isn't a far stretch that hundreds of teens are stubbornly hitting refresh and not looking for other ways to find out what is wrong with their site.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: