PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 05:23:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 905946 times)
Killzone
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1005 on: 2008 November 30, 06:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goths Section Title:-

Gothplague's Gear
it's all gone Smiley i'm the fuck outta here
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 2008 November 30, 06:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aw... now I feel like the name is ruined... dang emos. *giggles*

I think either gothplague herself did it or that she got someone who managed to get into the site to do it for her... but Im not for shure... I been on so many diffrent sites trying to keep up with whats going on with everyone that my brain is compleatly on the fritz
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 2008 November 30, 06:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, she's pretty much had it with the whole place, I'm afraid.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1008 on: 2008 November 30, 06:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure GP cleaned out her section personally. I think she's taking a break from the Sims for a bit.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 2008 November 30, 07:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

meltz0r3d! And I saw like 300 visitors on the site at the time, so clearly you people do not listen.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
rosess
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: 2008 November 30, 07:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting just slows the servers.  Unless someone has been given the option to "physically remove" threads, everything is just two clicks from restoration.  There's a deleted posts queue, so finding and restoring threads takes all of a few seconds.  Even posts that were edited before deletion can generally be restored without bothering with database backups.  So, under current circumstances, deleting threads is definitely counter-productive.
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 2008 November 30, 07:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I been trying to stay away... but theirs some people not in on it yet... I had to post on my myspace account what was happening for some of my friends who havent been on the site for a few days... even then I only reached one of them on their. Plus I have a worried story writer friend who is driving herself nuts over her adult sims story and I dont blame her... Its a wonderflu work of creativity and took her many hours of thought and work... she dosnt have a back up and just wants a little reashurance that the story forum will be copyed in whole... picts and all... she might have tryed to get on to copy her work. I dont blame her... its rough... shes been working on that story for a long time and now its almost to its conclusion. As for the other hundreds of people on their... apperently randome panic, ignorance, homesickness could be to blame but theirs probably a few who are just stupid and tryed just cause.

Plus people always want to stop by and watch a wreck... morbid curriousity.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: 2008 November 30, 07:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we've extracted about 5 GBs of ISA data, possibly including said stupid story, and definitely all of the text. And if you didn't all keep dogpiling onto the server until it meltz0rs, this would go faster.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1013 on: 2008 November 30, 07:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

meltz0r3d! And I saw like 300 visitors on the site at the time, so clearly you people do not listen.

For those of us who do listen, I rest assured you will tell us when to commence gawking.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
giggy
ARR!

Stompable giggy is stompable - ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 2008 November 30, 07:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you going to try again? or is it too late?

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
I don't really understand this concept at all.
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: 2008 November 30, 07:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the reply and for doing all of this. I appriciate it and my friend with the absolutly wonderflu story will be happy to hear that.

*ignores any negative comments from person helping to save my home*

As for the other hundreds of people trying to be on their hindering your progress... If I knew who they where I would personally put a Cat O Nines to their rears.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 2008 November 30, 07:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of us had the good sense to stay the hell out of the way. Some did not. Others just did not know. Too bad Walt's shit couldn't be replaced with, "Move along, nothing to see here, ya'll go home now while we clean up the scene of the crime. Rubber neckers will be beaten with milk jugs filled with cement and then thrown into a vat of boiling sharks after being being partially immolated."

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 2008 November 30, 07:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you going to try again? or is it too late?
Efforts will continue until they are no longer possible. We have to stop when the cheezserver becomes meltz0r3d, though, which is a REAL HINDRANCE.

Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 2008 November 30, 07:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting just slows the servers.  Unless someone has been given the option to "physically remove" threads, everything is just two clicks from restoration.  There's a deleted posts queue, so finding and restoring threads takes all of a few seconds.  Even posts that were edited before deletion can generally be restored without bothering with database backups.  So, under current circumstances, deleting threads is definitely counter-productive.

The threads themselves may be able to be brought back, but how about those deleted attachments for them also?  When I checked GP's section for myself before Friday evening's meltdown, all the attachments in the section were "awol", guest recolors and all.  Are those also restoreable, or are they pretty much moot since the "deletion"?

(I really wish people would resist the urge to stay off InSIM for now.  It's not helping matters if we have to keep waiting for the crap-shooting server to get rebooted...) 
kattenijin
Landlubber

Gnarrraaahhhhh!

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 2008 November 30, 07:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably the 12s. I poked around some of the more 12ish sites I know, and they were all "OMG!!!11eleventyone! Wher'z Insim?!"

No info on any of the sites of value about what was going on, so I posted and ran so I wouldn't get glomped by their 12ness.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: