PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:20:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 10 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 894501 times)
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #930 on: 2008 November 29, 23:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you come from insim thedom, please stay.

LMAO! I am sure while i type this, it's hundreds of posts before me.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: 2008 November 29, 23:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy birthday to Paden's son, first of all.  Smiley

Second, thank you Pescado for your valiant work. I am not touching the site, as I'm most content to sit back and let someone else who's better at rescue work take over.

Third, the Walt macros are simply grand. I am especially enjoying the one of Walt's "mother."
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #932 on: 2008 November 29, 23:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy Birthday, Paden-cub.

To the person who was worried about contest stuff - and I'm too lazy and tired to go back and find out who you are - cat me if you want to - just talked to my sister, she grabbed a lot of the files from the contest area, so in the incredibly unlikely event that something goes wrong with Pes' efforts is that area, some of it, at least, is preserved. Have faith in Pescado and worry not.

heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: 2008 November 29, 23:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the person who was worried about contest stuff - and I'm too lazy and tired to go back and find out who you are - cat me if you want to - just talked to my sister, she grabbed a lot of the files from the contest area, so in the incredibly unlikely event that something goes wrong with Pes' efforts is that area, some of it, at least, is preserved. Have faith in Pescado and worry not.

I forgot all about all those contests, too. That's good news!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: 2008 November 29, 23:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why must I work and get 20 pages behind in this thread? It's like I have a life outside of PMBD.  Smiley

I think everything that has been said pretty much sums up how I feel. About all the dumbness and hostility. I don't understand why anonomus got upset with me. Quite frankly, doesn't bother me. I fuck up a lot and know it, just try to learn from it.

And I know the spitting comment has already been taken back, but to anyone that hasn't seen the bajillion other people mention it, no one here hated InSim. We disliked how Kathy and Eric handled things. We don't want 12's on our board if they can't act properly, but ReSimenator is not PMBD, and therefore can house the 12's.

And I believe it was Druid who said he doesn't like the picking on Walt's appearance. I second this. I believe we agreed not to poke at Atwat's appearance to much, because that would be sinking to her level. I don't really agree on picking on his either. To say "Hey he looks like so and so" is fine, but laughing at it is not. Pick on his stupidity, stubborness, and downright rude attitude. All of those he can help. But he cannot help his appearance.

And druid, I believe no one fussed about Kathy and Eric only asking for donations every once in a while because of what they have done for the community. I hope this is what you meant by your post. If not, my apologies for misinterpreting. They offered a home to many good creators, help to a lot of new people, and was one of the largest free sims 2 communities as well. I believe they poured their heart into InSim at the beginning, and after a while, that little piece of heart that was put into it, slowly shriveled and melted away. Until it was a black hole for them. If they were making a profit, poo on them, if they fooled Walt, poo on them. Either way, they royally fucked someone, and just don't care.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
JewelCG
Landlubber

I lurk therefore I am.

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: 2008 November 30, 00:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just shaking head..  

I lurk and very, very rarely post, but I've been around the community for a very long time. I've had my fingers in a few sites, including hosting files for SFV before she went to her own servers.  Some might possibly recognize my name or avi, but I'm not expecting anyone to.  I am absent from the sims online world for months at a time but always come back and there are places you just 'know' are going to be there.  Keystones of the community as it were.  Insim was one of those places.  That this has happened is incredibly saddening.  I've read this entire thread hoping to make some sense out of this mess.  It's just too much.. and I now have a twitch resulting from a combination of Walt Trump, polar bear riding babyman and armpit vagina.  

And of course, on a more personal note, the only reason I went to Insim was because I borked my CC and was hoping to recover some things I really like and it doesn't seem like that's going to happen now.  Personal things aside, it's good to see people coming together to help those that got blindsided at Insim.  I'd like to extend an offer myself.  I still have my own server and plenty of space to offer. So when the dust settles, it's there if needed.  It's not the greatest server, but there's no lack of space for storage and I don't have a bandwidth issue, and it's paid for, so no cost.  It's the least I can do.  I love the Sims and I love the community, even if I just lurk and hardly ever post.
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: 2008 November 30, 00:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how about letting the staff that want to go over to this new proposed site help choose the name? With all due respect, from what I've read here, a lot of you spit on the insim community anyway because we let in the 12s, teens and tween, who, it has to be said, actually cause a lot less drama than the so called adults...

Well I for one am a member of insim and Im insulted by the way your speeking to people who are trying to help. As for less drama than the adults... well the adults might have drama but at lease we have well thought out arguments over fundimental diffrences unlike the teens and tweens who I have no real problem with on the main site but never really talked to because to be frank the level of stupidity that young people speek now adays is rediculous... Im not even that old and I think that. I dont want listen to all the Oh my gaud thats hot paris hilton like junk every day and thats why I only spoke on the adult site... trying to wade though 10-20 pages of a kiddy version of cute crulety is not my idea of fun. Yes they do need their place to hang out online... I dont mind that, I loved the main site cause it did that exactly... gave the teens a place to go where their was good uploads that was approprite for their age and discutions appropriate to a public forum that consisted of people underage and of age... these people are trying to give us that back without the threat of the dreaded "paysite" words or the idiot who goes by the name of walt. So before you go griping people out consider theirs a very angry/dissaproving tigeress reading and waiting to sink my claws in someone since walts not handy for a shreading rite now and your rudeness is gratting on my last nerve.

*edit* Sorry... Im just in a really foul mood over this... I wish I had walts head on a stick to display in a public square.

I posted this without reading the rest of the thread... when I found you asking for a chill out pill or whatever I realized how your probably like me on your last nerve and all... so here *poors some rum for the both of us * bottoms up.

Howbout this walt free name? SimsFreedome

probably not the best name and for all I know it may be taken already but its all I could come up with at this moment... my brains fryed from stress.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 30, 00:47:59 by TKPurrrrs » Logged
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 2008 November 30, 00:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the level of stupidity that young people speek now adays is rediculous... Im not even that old and I think that. I dont want listen to all the Oh my gaud thats hot paris hilton like junk every day and thats why I only spoke on the adult site... trying to wade though 10-20 pages of a kiddy version of cute crulety is not my idea of fun.

Well, I tried to ignore any topics I was uninterested in, but I honestly can't even read twelvespeak at all, or many established Internet abbreviations for that matter (I still don't know what "FTW" means!).
Honestly, I think many of them will probably stay at the old InSim (if there's anything left of it) when the dust is settled, unfortunately. I don't want to generalize all the youngsters on that site, but I'd guess that most of the kids posting a hundred "whare can i findz mor pwetty hairz" threads don't care enough to leave. Hopefully I am just not giving them enough credit and they actually do care, but I just don't see them all leaving like they should.
However, if the kids turn out to be smarter than they seem, I will gladly shepherd them and lead them to new heights of grammatical clarity at our new bunker  Cheesy. Hey... Maybe they should come up with a name for the site that has to do with nuclear war and all that, since we're running from the Walt apocalypse.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: 2008 November 30, 00:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FTW means "For the Win!" Kinda like in competitions they will say "And Bob leaped into the sky for the win!"

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 2008 November 30, 00:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FTW= For the win  Wink

Edit: Oohh! Ninja'd

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 2008 November 30, 00:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Falloutsims

SimsSOTF  (Survival Of The Fittest)

Hows that for nuclear war names? Mabey I can figure out more later... when my mind dosnt feel like its chased its own tail for 24 hours.
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 2008 November 30, 01:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*poors some rum for the both of us * bottoms up.

woohoo! *hic*

yeah, sometimes my gob runs away with itself before the brain has kicked into gear when I'm hyped up

I guess we can all come up with some suitably apt or mushy names ... guess we'll just see what happens now
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: 2008 November 30, 01:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Falloutsims

I rather like that one.  Smiley
I can picture the front page graphic already.
Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: 2008 November 30, 01:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy Birthday, Paden-cub.

No worries here. There are just people who would like to grab old entries when stuff is back up somewhere. A really large number of people do stories with them, and there were a few contests in progress that we're trying to salvage. But we have most of a workaround sorted out now, so we're just waiting.  Smiley
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: 2008 November 30, 01:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is why she has me to grab her and stuff her into a comfy chair with a plate of sandwiches.. C'mon, you sot, let's get something into your stomach aside from rum! Besides, you drank my share!!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: