PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:21:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 893422 times)
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #840 on: 2008 November 29, 18:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the site is still down.  I believe it needs to be rebooted on Walts end again.  Patience everyone. This really will be easier if everyone lets the site come back up and lets Pes get the site backed up.  THEN you can do whatever you want with what is left there.  It will all be safe and sound and re-hosted with %100 less Walt,  just as it was before as long as you leave it alone.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
emosceneskater
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 2008 November 29, 18:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whew!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 2008 November 29, 19:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well have one of the admins helped out by making a complete database backup?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 2008 November 29, 19:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do you think all this shit would be going on if we could Huh
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 2008 November 29, 19:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im trying to let Pes do his thing... thats why I havent tryed to go back on since this morning. But I also have a promise to keep to a wonderful friend that her story will be copyed so that if anything dose happen she can repost it where she pleases.

I also dont like how people are talking about taking out their downloads... I think they should give Pes a chance to do his thing and then after everthing is safe and ok they should go in and do what they please. But people have made up thier minds on the brainless wonder walt and some people will get their bloomers in a twist and just yank. Others are more organized and know what they want to do and will yank anyways cause thier moving to a diffrent site all together. You cant blame them... after all their just trying to keep their stuff out of the hands of the greedy Walts hands. *shrugs* Hopefully most of the sites will servive to be cloned.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 29, 19:43:42 by TKPurrrrs » Logged
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2008 November 29, 19:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like Scrappysim said, I guess we're going to have to wait till Walt reboots the site probably on Monday. 'Cause you just know he's a "serious bizzinsman" and we lowly simmians "have no life". He wouldn't dream off "his" site imploding on a Saturday. That'd mean he'd have to leave his mummy's basement at the weekend.

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 2008 November 29, 19:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On vBulletin that's only available to the tippy-toppest level of admin.  I checked if I could on MTS2 and I don't have that ability.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 2008 November 29, 19:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if that is possible at all, not with Kathy holding the only key to the FTP end of it. I know nothing about Vbulletin, I just know a bit about the SMF like what Pescado uses. I can ask, because I am in communication with them as I type this.

The answer is: doesn't she think that if we could have done it, we wouldn't have? Had we been able to get a copy of that, we wouldn't be going through this shit right now, now would we?

In plain speech, NO, a backup of the database on our end does not exist. So why don't we cool our heels and let the old fart do his thing?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
BlackBeards Bitch
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 2008 November 29, 19:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a section there as a creator, only older stuff, but it still got comments, pm's n stuff, but I had Eledhil (?) back it up & remove it yesterday before i'd heard what Pes was upto.
Yarp
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 2008 November 29, 19:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On vBulletin that's only available to the tippy-toppest level of admin.  I checked if I could on MTS2 and I don't have that ability.

Same on InSIM. Admins only have certain rights, and that's definitely not one of them. Pity...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: 2008 November 29, 19:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can only think of one person who would have a backup, and she's done sold the site and maybe deleted the backup, thinking dumbass would be smart enough to make his own copy.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 2008 November 29, 19:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yo, Pirates! "Not the sharpest hammer in the drawer" is a famous meme. I thought pirates would be familiar with harpooning. What do you people do here all day, if you don't fight? Is this just some squidgy love-fest?
Unfortunately yes it is.

.....it's just not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved.  Cheesy

Hehe. It tickles me that my angry quote to a troll gives the pirates pleasure.  :-*Maybe I should change my avie before Thomass and Walt come find me with some pitchforks.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 2008 November 29, 19:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is why I sigged it Wink

And why is everyone getting angry at each other? I thought we were all in the same boat and trying to sort this shit out Huh

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 2008 November 29, 19:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think some people think that Pes is trying to destroy the site instead of save it.  Everyone needs to calm down so they can understand what is going on.  The Panick has set in and has made some people a little touchy I think.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #854 on: 2008 November 29, 19:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I searched through my vast batch of screenshots (drama trained me well) I thought you might find this pretty annoying - I handed a donation meter to Kathy on a platter, and she *still* didn't do anything about it.

Scamming theories certainly hold a lot more weight because it's not as if I didn't take that horse to water and try to get it to drink.

Edit: sorry - made it smaller so as not to skew the screen. Original size is here: http://i38.tinypic.com/2yzlzkg.jpg

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: